Deathstroke from Batman: Arkham Origins

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by cassius, Sep 4, 2014.

1. cassius

cassius Well-Known Member

Hey guys. I think it's about time to contribute something to our wonderful community so... I will be retopologing Deathstroke model for pepakura so anyone can use it for free, yay! ^^. It's gonna take a while but I will keep you posted.

Important thing to note is that I'm not gonna include super small details because we all know it makes our work with paper difficult + you can expect a ton of support struts with every element beacuse I believe they are as important as geometry of the model itself :).

Big thanks to GANKATSU-O-TAKU from DeviantArt for inspiring me to do this and 3dregenerator from thefree3dmodels for extracting this model to .obj :).

If you would like to support me or anything here's something that can help me ^^
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/222491788/deathstroke-foam-pepakura-patterns? :)

deathstroke01.jpg Alessandro-Baldasseron.jpg

Mask front + back (recommend scaling it up to H = 270 at least. I'm 6"2' and printed it as 283 so it gives you and idea about scaling this)
    deathstroke mask.png

Chest
    chest02.jpg

Knee guard
    knee.png

Neck/collar
    collar.png

Shoulder
    shoulder.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR ALL AVAILABLE ELEMENTS: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8xhsxos9bs3mrwz/AACRb1cjmDRxJvJAg8LUCDCIa?dl=0

Simple rules:
    1. Non-commercial use only
    2. Do not edit nor modify (but you can rescale of course :))
    3. Do not publish or redistribute elsewhere

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  2. cassius

First WIP picture

Hi-poly to low-poly :)
    deathstroke mask02.png

3. cassius

Enough for today. The mask is ready but I will be checking once again tomorrow if it can be simplified even more

mask02.png
    mask03.png

Bandiet likes this.
  4. cassius

part2.png backd.png

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  5. RavenH8rt

RavenH8rt Member

Hello great work so far are you going to pep the whole suit?

6. cassius

Yes, all armor parts :). Sory for being so slow but I've got a lot to do recently... I will try to post unwrapped helmet next week with some update on other parts

7. RavenH8rt

RavenH8rt Member

Thanks so much I am really looking forward to your work I am from south africa and we dont get decent foam here and if you do it costs a arm and leg so I am very very grateful that you are doing it for paper hats off to you sir you made my day:lol

8. cassius

Really sorry for the delay guys. Tomorrow you will finally gain access to DS mask
    death.png

9. cassius

Mask has been added to the first post of this page. 70 elements + 12 elements for support struts. Back piece is simple so you can easily add details with foam or sculpt them in bondo if that's your thing :). Next step: chest and abs

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  10. FreelanceSculpt

FreelanceSculpt Active Member

Thank you for doing this, I love this version of Deathstrokes armor,even though I was a little bummed that he didn't have a larger role in the game.

11. cassius

You're welcome ^^.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  12. cassius

Since so many of you are from the US I'm wondering if you could help - Do you know where I can get this sort of holster for Desert Eagle (left handed)?
    http://www.airsoft2u.com/holster-leg-panel-c-14.html

[EDIT - the link is broken]

Alternative sources:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000W21OLA...colid=1ZE4H44KGY0I&coliid=IKDZNSXQIHYEX&psc=1

http://www.airsoftguns.ie/holsters/887-cqc-sig-p220-p226-pistol-paddle-belt-drop-leg-holster.html

I think we all could use such information since it's for this costume :).

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  13. Gary Pahls

Gary Pahls Well-Known Member

14. cassius

Nice :D. Now the question is what's better - unaccurate gun or holster? :)

Btw I'm making a hi-poly model for 3D printing and pepakura will be based on that model. Model imported from the game is very useful but the problem is heroic scale - requires a muscle suit so I will be changing that to resemble oryginal sculpture (first post)

Left low poly, right hi poly mask, neck and abs
    render01.png

15. cokefiend

cokefiend New Member

Ill be watching this intently.

16. cassius

Ok, I think you should get your hands on chest armor this weekend :)
    render02.png

cokefiend likes this.
  17. cassius

Something I made for mysefl :)
    backshellsize.jpg
    detailsize.jpg

18. cassius

Low poly chest is ready :). I will unwrap it today or tomorrow :).
    chest.jpg

19. RavenH8rt

RavenH8rt Member

That looks awesome i have just started pepping your mask will let you know how its going and post some pics and THANX again for doing this please keep up the great work

20. cassius

Almost there ^^'
    chest02.jpg

21. cassius

It's almost 3AM but chest armor is finished and ready for download (first post). It's not perfect but I hope it will satisfy you :)

22. ower

ower Active Member

nice job dude, thanks!

23. RavenH8rt

RavenH8rt Member

Thank you so much Cassius it looks awesome i am about a qaurter with the mask will post some pics later if you want

24. cassius

Sure. If any of you decide to do it post pics here in this thread. Remember to scale this stuff first so it actually fits you! :p.

25. RavenH8rt

RavenH8rt Member

Will do currently i scaled it up a bit to make a test base made a few changes here and there (Divide/Connect) so that i can see if the new paper i am using will work so far it works nice its 120 g/m² got three boxes from a friend. after this one i will scale it for myself looking for a nice snug fit will keep you updated and thanx again for doing this

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  26. cokefiend

cokefiend New Member

Working on the mask now and Im having trouble with the little fiddly bits, but its coming along.

27. cassius

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been busy more than usual but! If you don't have Batman:Arkham Origins (like me) you can get it really cheap for the next 40 hours or so on steam - 3,49 for EU region and prabobly around 4 bucks for NA
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/209000/

cavedwellar likes this.
  28. fuumantroop

fuumantroop New Member

Looking good so far! Im hoping to get this built as well! Perhaps not for my very first build, but hopefully at least my second :) i really don't wanna screw up Deathstroke!

29. cassius

Me too! It looks like I might be making a full 3D printed costume for him so it will take a while before both hi-res and pepakura versions are ready ^^'.

30. cassius

Wow, this thread has a lot of views o_O. Looks like there's demand for it and yes I'm back! + I'm almost certain I will be making this costume with 3D printed parts and EVA foam so I will be adding some patterns here as well or might switch completely to foam since it's better for this project (lots of flat elements). Tomorrow I will show you some hi-poly models I'm making for myself and which will be used as a base for pepakura/foam :)

31. Bogleo

Bogleo Well-Known Member

How to you go about making something lower poly than it was?

32. cassius

Model hi poly and then low poly on top of it. Both models share a lot of vertices so it's not that hard :)

33. cassius

Mask (already 3D printed but I will show it to you once I have all patterns ;))
    02mask.jpg 01mask.jpg

Knee guard
    01kneeguard.jpg

34. cassius

Low poly game model and hi-poly my model :)
    ds.jpg render08.png

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
    GhostMinion likes this.
  35. BlackKaos

BlackKaos Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Awesome job! I love it! I was redoing this game file to fit a real person also to build for myself but I got completely side tracked with person things and other projects. I hope that you do release the rest of the files. Will be looking forward to your progress.

36. cassius

Good news! Knee guard is now available for download! :)

knee.png

37. BlackKaos

Thanks! If you need any help unfolding let me know. I can unfold some parts if needed.

38. cassius

Sure, if I need help I will let you know! :)

39. BlackKaos

Sounds good!

40. BlackKaos

Just finished assembling your chest and knees. Had to adjust the scaling for my size but great files! Looking forward to the rest. I will be making a thread of my progress which will be dedicated to you. Thanks again!

41. cassius

If it's not a problem please post some pictures here or let me know once you have your own thread :).

42. RavenH8rt

RavenH8rt Member

Thanks so much cassius your work is excellent saving up now for my silhouette cameo to help save time been busy with real life did not have time for any Pepping so glad to see you are back i showed a friend your mask that i started pepping and showed him your thread and i am glad to say he has also started kudos to you for the great work

43. cassius

Oh you're welcome. It's the least I can do after all I got from you :)

44. The95th

The95th New Member

Man you beat me to this iv been looking at it for a while and learning how to edit in 3d editing program its taking me a long time but ill get there in the end hopefully!

45. ewit

ewit New Member

I wish I would have had your unfolds when I did my 12 year old son's build last year! It would have been really helpful in the details.
    8-23-2014 060.JPG 8-23-2014 056.JPG

46. cassius

Looks good anyway! BTW I will have a 3D printed mask of Deathstroke (child size) which will land on junkyard once I finish it. If any of you are interested let me know :)

47. cassius

Just another wip ;)

death.jpg render10.png

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  48. BlackKaos

Nice work as always Cassius but your killing me in suspense over here! Thanks for all your hard work!

49. Tres

Tres New Member

Dude!This is amazing!I can help you to unfold parts of armor while you will build the model.Send me message and we will slove this:)

50. cassius

It's very kind of you guys but with all honesty the difficult part is modeling this. Once that's done it's rather easy to prepare low poly model and unfold it but since I have very little time for it I might need help so I will let you know ^^.

One thing - do you want pep file for the neck collar thingy? It's very tight and I'm not sure you will find it useful (maybe some of you will be able to use it for foam?). Let me know :)

collar.jpg

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015