Deagostini Falcon extra lighting question

G'day tengel07 ,
Thankyou very much for reply . So it is possible to use two ( supplied boards to ' handle ' all extra added lighting - for the deago Falcon ) , identical boards without damage ?
I've purchased the plugs ( from eBay late last year ) they're identical to the supplied Deagostini ones , but what's the difference between the two you've mentioned ' JST - XH3 & JST - XH2 ? ..., and secondly , the two red wires in your diagram ( near the ' battery box ' illustration , ) are they soldered together ? . I'm hoping to use an external power supply ( adapter , not the battery box ) , and " using a similar cable with just jst - xh3 is required etc..." , which port / space would be used on the circuit boards ?
I sincerely apologise in advance for my ignorance in this area , but any/all help is greatly appreciated .

Thanks Ged

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the picture shows the wire - not soldered yet.
yes, the cable on the male plug must be solderd together - Y-Cable.
jst-xh2 = 2 wire plugs
jst-xh3 = 3 wire plugs, used for power supply connection.

IMG_3575.JPG

You need one wiring harness from issues 57, one male jst-xh3 plug and 2 female jst-xh3 plugs. The plugs soldered as y-cable.
The male-plug goes to the wire harness, the female plugs to the boards J1 - e voila, boards powered with external supply.

Last edited:
Thankyou @tengal07 ,
I'll have to get 3 - pin JST XH3 plugs . The two red wires are to be soldered , and then soldered onto the remaining plug of the 3 -pin part , next to the 2 black wires , yes ?
The ' y cable ' are the 2 red wires .
Thanks absolutely mate . Any chance you could post another pic with what goes where exactly and all that you've explained clearly identified , i.e male / female plugs , wire harness etc .
I don't mean too sound ungrateful ( nor pushy) , but , as stated earlier the technical wording goes over my head . Simple diagrams are things I can follow .

Thanking you again in advance , Ged

I like the idea of adding another Deago board and I understand the y-cables needed. But is that it, viola? Just connect power and add additional lights? Will the remote work both boards?

At the moment, I will probably just buy a 2amp adapter and look at adding 4 additional red LED warning lights for the docking arm hatches or go ahead and buy Chris's extra docking hatches light set. One thing I would love to do is add lighting in the landing gear wells and I need some additional lighting in the cockpit (mainly back side walls).

I have no electrical/wiring knowledge so I look forward to the everyone's assistance in this thread.

Will the remote work both boards?

I've assumed that since the remotes were randomly sent out separate from the boards, that all remotes will work with all boards.

One thing I had not considered... I bought my second board from the French distributor.

Anyone know if it has different voltage requirements, etc.?

Great to hear @tenge07 ,
That's for two deago boards connected like you described in post #40 yes ?
Please , being somewhat dyslexic and having already asked , if you could post a more exact drawing of the wire/s , cables , harness components and connections to make this work , I'd be truly grateful . Thanks for sharing the first time around , and apologies for not completely understanding your solution/s .

Thanking you in advance , Ged :thumbsup

Build your own y-cable:
You nedd 3 JST-XH3 plugs, one male, 2 female with wire - available on RC-Stores for Lipo-Accus.
The female plug wire color from deagostini ( black, green, red) will be mapped to the y-cable female plugs wire color like this:
black - black, green - white, red - red.
y_cable_01.jpg

Now put together same colors of the wire from the female plugs
(dont forget to add some shrinkable tubing on each pair of wire)
y_cable_02.jpg

Now solder the pairs of wire on the male plug according to the mapping.
Use the deAgo Plug as mapping reference and third hand.

y_cable_04.jpg

Now you are able to drive 2 boards with one wire harness from deAgostini issue 57.

y_cable_05.jpg

A similar y-cable with JST-XH2 plugs can be used for the battery box.

How the heck do you change the batteries inside of the battery box once the model is all put together?

tengel07 , thank you very much for your updated ( how- to ) post #49 . The clear photographs are so much easier to follow .
Now feeling a little more confident at attempting it for my build .
Cheers Ged.

Last edited by a moderator:
And........the four lower white lights decided to die when I did the final light test before I mate the two hulls. I tried to swap lights to known good sockets but all four are dead. Gonna try to get a quick and dirty separate system tomorrow at Frys or Radio Shack, assuming RS is still in business.

Worse comes to worst Ill rob peter to pay paul ( I have a full set of lights in my 29" Falcon). That way Ill have a full set of bottom lights.

Has anyone found a better alternative to the failure prone Deago control board?

Yea, I went to the electronics store and made an additional stand alone system. The remote turns on the mandible/engine/landing ramp and turrets. The home made kit lights the remaining stock lights as well as added lower lights. The power button is hidden on the sidewall forward of the landing ramp.

I'd love to see a write up with pictures on that if you have the time. What electronics store did you go to? I use to go to Radio Shack for that sort of thing but they all became glorified phone stores then promptly went out of business.

I'd love to see a write up with pictures on that if you have the time. What electronics store did you go to? I use to go to Radio Shack for that sort of thing but they all became glorified phone stores then promptly went out of business.

The closest electronics store is by Van Nuys airport (dont know where you live.) In the old days you could go to Radio Shack and say, I want to do 'this' what do I need to buy? They would make you a little list and show you how to do it.

Please excuse my electronic artistic skills. Every LED has a pos and a neg wire. The Pos is generally the longer wire. In the diagram below, I put 2 LED's in this wiring circuit. On my secondary lighting I put 12 extra lights and hid the battery compartment under the Deago one (plenty of space).

The on/off push button is forward of the docking ramp on the side detail. Best part is I kept the Deago Button so I can glue it on top of the switch to hide it further.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back