Deagostini Falcon extra lighting question

Rahn420

I see mine!

I like the high tech eye gear. ;)

Sometimes I feel like my magnifying visor should be permanently attached to my head.

DaddyfromNaboo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hooookayyyyy... another day, another chance to add depth to the Falcon...

tengel07 Torsten, are you going to update info on here on a regular basis or is FB the preferred place for staying informed and, more importantly, not miss out on the new run?

tengel07

updates will be posted here too.
I plan to make the next run in June or July - depending on the workload from my job.

gedmac66

Sr Member
Need help/clarification regarding the Deago board please !
The boards made to work with a 9V@1A adapter right ?, but due to some issues with the ‘transistors’ there’s a possibility of causing damage, however , I’ve tried using a 6V@1.5mA and the Engine strips fail to light up. The ramp still works but at a slower speed too....,and that result was just running power through 1 board with no ‘added’ lighting !?

So my question is - would using a 6V@3A(+ increased Amps ) be o.k., will it provide enough power to light everything Deago supplied, plus additional lighting ‘shared’ over 2x Deago boards, or will it also cause further problems ( the extra ampere’s) - or should I just stick to 9V@1A to power my setup below ?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
I’ve included a pic of my current setup.
1936991F-01E5-4342-BF6B-64DDF44AB453.jpeg

Last edited:

tengel07

1,5mA?
The main point is, the de Ago Board is bad designed, the voltage of the power supply is provided to the leds, only the resistors on the led strips and soldered to the leds reduces the current. But, it makes a difference in the current goes throught the led with different voltage.
So, with 6V the max. Current runs through the transistors and the leds, with the 9V power supply the current goes over the limit of transistors and leds, especially with additional leds. This cause the dead of the board soon or later.
So, its a good choice to use a power supply with 6V, the current should by at least 1A - more is better to keep the power supply safe.

gedmac66

Sr Member
1,5mA?
The main point is, the de Ago Board is bad designed, the voltage of the power supply is provided to the leds, only the resistors on the led strips and soldered to the leds reduces the current. But, it makes a difference in the current goes throught the led with different voltage.
So, with 6V the max. Current runs through the transistors and the leds, with the 9V power supply the current goes over the limit of transistors and leds, especially with additional leds. This cause the dead of the board soon or later.
So, its a good choice to use a power supply with 6V, the current should by at least 1A - more is better to keep the power supply safe.
Thanks for responding Torsten. It must be frustrating to repeat yourself (to me), but I do appreciate your time & help.
The 6V @ 1.5mA is the output on my already purchased variable (3-12V) adapter.
When I tested this output on a single Deago board (Y - connector wasn’t attached) with only the supplied ramp & Engine strips connected - only the Ramp worked at a slower speed which I don’t mind, but the engine (led) strips didn’t work at all !

That’s why I’m asking if I should purchase another (specific) 6V adapter with a higher Amps output @ 3A or higher , and will that be enough to power everything Deago supplied & my own additions which all have resistors soldered on to them ?

Ged