Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Many thanks for these images. My 5ft Falcon file is bursting with images but my 32in Falcon file is like a starving Ethiopian and can always use more.

Uhh ok, if I'm going to upload more, I have some of the anh falcon too I think. I'll try to upload a new files, maybe organise them a bit better.

Heres where i'm to with the build. excuse the quad gun as the colour is too dark.
IMG_4647_zps92cwlzuh-1.jpg

IMG_4646_zpsuusibqnu.jpg

IMG_4644_zpsqgeydoyx.jpg

IMG_4643_zpsvhzteypi.jpg

IMG_4642_zpsiyt6lst7.jpg

IMG_4639_zpsfjeqrkr4.jpg

IMG_4636_zps9q8oc3vw.jpg

cheers

Turret from Part 2…..I’m not bothered about the paintjob as I’m going to do a full repaint however I am bothered about the wrong orientation of the window spokes….

[url]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii213/jargonking/P1050544_zps66bcf178.jpg[/URL]

Underneath you can see that the ‘key’ for the assembly matches the slot so it’s not the fault of whoever put it together but a moulding error….

Thanks for this, I am new to the RPF but have been a long time lurker and noticed this thread. Seeing as I have subscribed to the build I thought I would join in. I would like to make mine as screen accurate as I can and seeing the details you all spot helps a lot. The last time I did any serious modelling was in my youth.

I have started on the quad by getting rid of the moulding lines and drilling holes into the barrels. I have also cut out the misaligned viewport on the quad turret as noted here.

I look forward to learning more and helping out if I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xbhdubf5qd2w9ac/AAAmB7d1qyhXSmK-np6l4Y15a?dl=0

ok so im hoping that the above link will take people to a file ive just put on my dropbox. its photos i acquired in a file called esb falcon. im assuming its the right one.

of course if the link gives you permission to edit, remove add willie pics or in any way mess with my entire dropbox, please let me know and ill put them back up using a different format. i hereby state i am a computer thickie and quite frankly im amazed i got this far without my little brothers help.

ive just added some more, be warned, the ones at the end are a mixture of anh and esb, im presuming that the names on the pictures come up so people can work out the mr falcon pics from the rest too.
First of all, thank you for these great images! I've never been able to see this bird in person and the hi-res close-ups make me feel like I'm there looking at it. Thanks again Darthgarth. One thing I thought I should mention to everyone is to be aware that some images look like they have been photographed using the mirror of the Falcon base, so don't accidentally paint your Falcon backwards.

Hi envisaged, I'm not too much further along than you don't worry. I've found this to be a helpful forum that has taught me a lot. This will be my first model build for a good few years too.
The photos I uploaded, I have to be honest were on a stick I bought from another member here a while back. I had always planned to try my hand at studio scale and I love photos of the original props too. I am in no way an expert like most on here, if anyone has suggestions to better label, catogarise or anything like that the photos in the folder to better help everyone then let me know and I'll get it done, or let you have access to do it yourself for example, I know some of the ones I added at the end are a mixture of anh and esb but I don't know which are which. It is entirely possible that some are reflections from the base, but the mr photos are at the end. If it helps, I'll divide everything into sub folders as best I can, just let me know if that would be helpful

Also if anyone has any photos to add, email them to garreth@countryview.org.uk and I'll add them in. I've also got some photos of a finemolds paint up should I chuck them in too?

incidentally, if anyone has a better photo of the original 32 inch showing the deck plates we have ( as opposed to the mr) could they post it up?

thanks

Hi envisaged, I'm not too much further along than you don't worry. I've found this to be a helpful forum that has taught me a lot. This will be my first model build for a good few years too.
The photos I uploaded, I have to be honest were on a stick I bought from another member here a while back. I had always planned to try my hand at studio scale and I love photos of the original props too. I am in no way an expert like most on here, if anyone has suggestions to better label, catogarise or anything like that the photos in the folder to better help everyone then let me know and I'll get it done, or let you have access to do it yourself for example, I know some of the ones I added at the end are a mixture of anh and esb but I don't know which are which. It is entirely possible that some are reflections from the base, but the mr photos are at the end. If it helps, I'll divide everything into sub folders as best I can, just let me know if that would be helpful

Also if anyone has any photos to add, email them to garreth@countryview.org.uk and I'll add them in. I've also got some photos of a finemolds paint up should I chuck them in too?

incidentally, if anyone has a better photo of the original 32 inch showing the deck plates we have ( as opposed to the mr) could they post it up?

thanks
Very valid point here , like the 5 foot forum is there a sticky thread with all the multiple links to photos there's a lot throughout many threads , if there is one out there excuse me :)

Maybe we should get one stuck? It would be good if we had everything properly labelled in one place. Maybe like a sticky where we post photos of just the esb 32 inch, as soon as a photo is properly identified then it's labelled as such and stuck, so we end u with a sticky with just photos in properly labelled

Hey mktodd, great photos of the ANH falcon and much more! Any way you can set your Flickr account to allow downloads?
You should be able to already
If you look in the lower right corner there should be an arrow that downloads the photo when you click it..

downloadPic.JPG

That's funny, the picture of the falcon in that last video is of my MR prototype that I took in my studio. I've seen it pop up in different places and one was in an article about episode 7. It is a good shot, lol.

Here it is without the background blacked out.
DeanDymerkiFalco-2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Chiefhawk for the vid. Interesting that the different panels are coming out of the factory in different shades. The cynic in me says its not done on purpose. But that might be a good thing.

I imagine the Falcon has had a rough life, panels replaced over time, nothing matching. But when you put them all together.....they work. I think my plan will be to slightly repaint the panels as they come in, but my trick will be to re mix a fresh batch of grey every time. That way no two panels will be 100% the same but will blend in over all. It will be close, but will also give it a 'patchwork' kind of feel.

I hope that makes sense.

The two panels I've had so far.....the second one on the left is much lighter than the first, not a problem as I'm repainting them all but for anyone building it as it comes it could end up looking like a patchwork quilt....

P1050580_zpsal8pz8x5.jpg

The rear passenger seats were sanded lightly on the backs to level them off....

P1050583_zpszbncda3x.jpg

P1050582_zps3ie489eg.jpg

One simple improvement is to sand the headrests to the shape seen on the real thing...I also removed the boxy plinth under the seat....the arms looked too high to me so I cut them off, sanded them thinner, then repositioned them...

P1050584_zpspryqhqoj.jpg

P1050587_zps70a32stx.jpg

The cabin door is way too deep compared to the set....I suspect this was to allow DeAg to position the lighting module away from the bulkhead as it attaches to the back of the door....I used the sticker (still on it's backing) as a template to fabricate another door from styrene sheet....

P1050588_zps2w2dmc5v.jpg

Small sections of styrene strip were cemented inside the doorway to act as supports for the new door....am I the only person that thinks this part looks like a coffin?

P1050589_zpstor73x6j.jpg

The new door cemented in place....the sticker will be applied once I repaint the door surround....

P1050590_zpsyawzz6pr.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The locating blocks for the rear seats were removed and replaced by a simple styrene plate with a thin section of aluminium tubing to act as a socket...

P1050591_zpsdjhh9rs4.jpg

The rear seats had a column attached to the underside made from styrene rod and aluminium tube...

P1050592_zpsn3ghvria.jpg

One seat was detailed on the back with styrene strip and rod to replicate the ones used on the set....

P1050593_zpsjtyjzmwm.jpg

P1050594_zpsjijjt3aa.jpg

Seats placed in position...having one facing the side console adds some animation to the cockpit....

P1050595_zpsvhfeohwj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So are you replicating the 32 inch? Or are you putting elements of the full size set in there?

and what's the general opinion on filing down the sides of the deck plates slightly to replicate the hull plating on the 32 inch esb?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back