Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

hi guys
Ive notice a problem on instructions issue 85 .- the base details is wrong ..
and the instructions are wrong as well .- misplace the details...
have a look of the original model and ours
View attachment 655249
View attachment 655251
It looks like one of the images is mirrored, I don't know if its the ref image or the deag image.
I mirrored the ref on this image.
Mirrired.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. Thanks for showing. ;)

Ben

- - - Updated - - -

It even looks fantastic unpainted. Being at issue 23 Im such a long way from here though. Sigh. :(

Ben

Beautiful job! I can't wait to get to this point.

Perhaps you can answer something I'm curious about. When the interior covers are off, how much can you see down the various hall ways looking from inside the hold area? It seems like the curved section leading from the hold toward the cockpit is pretty visible and the section that has the cutaway in the curve should be closed in. Otherwise it will look funny. How much can you see down that hall way?

Just curious.

Bill

Beautiful job! I can't wait to get to this point.

Perhaps you can answer something I'm curious about. When the interior covers are off, how much can you see down the various hall ways looking from inside the hold area? It seems like the curved section leading from the hold toward the cockpit is pretty visible and the section that has the cutaway in the curve should be closed in. Otherwise it will look funny. How much can you see down that hall way?

Just curious.

Bill

I dont really know cos im not doing the interiors lol... mine is gonna be glued .-
i can take some pictures whne ill back home.. in about 2 weeks lol ... cos im away on holidays from tomorrow...

c u around guys.
bye

Is 'up to 85' all the outer hull?

Yes, other than the detailing parts for the top of the engine cover which are yet to come and the clear part for the engine lighting. In issue 86 we get the final sidewall pieces for the port mandible, so after that it will be sidewall frames and panels all the way! There are also a few more greeblies to come for the tops of the mandibles.

Yes, other than the detailing parts for the top of the engine cover which are yet to come and the clear part for the engine lighting. In issue 86 we get the final sidewall pieces for the port mandible, so after that it will be sidewall frames and panels all the way! There are also a few more greeblies to come for the tops of the mandibles.

Thanks. Is your screenname in reference to a Ford Trimotor? If so, a fellow aviator and I flew out to Grand Canyon Airport so that he could get his Trimotor 'rating'.

Let's see if I can post a picture of my 'enhancements' to my falcon. I plan on also adding more 5 footer parts to the engine deck.View attachment 6536683D modeled by me and printed via shapeways.

Dude, that looks awesome! I attempted something similar with my top turret, but it did not come out as nice as yours. I used scaled down kits used on the 5 footer where I could and scratch built other parts. I wasn't trying to copy the 5 footer, just wanted to more detailed feel. I wish those shapeways printed parts were available for purchase, they're fantastic!

20160822_210341_zpsnvz7ltve.jpg

Thanks. Is your screenname in reference to a Ford Trimotor? If so, a fellow aviator and I flew out to Grand Canyon Airport so that he could get his Trimotor 'rating'.

Yes indeed, I have always loved the Trimotor since I first saw Kermit Weeks' one in "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom". Always wanted to get a rating on one myself, I have an ATPL, your friend is one lucky guy!

Dude, that looks awesome! I attempted something similar with my top turret, but it did not come out as nice as yours. I used scaled down kits used on the 5 footer where I could and scratch built other parts. I wasn't trying to copy the 5 footer, just wanted to more detailed feel. I wish those shapeways printed parts were available for purchase, they're fantastic!

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg481/bwize41/DeAgostini Falcon/20160822_210341_zpsnvz7ltve.jpg

Your detailed turret looks great! Loving all of the builds with extra details and more detailed weathering than the ILM original. Although I plan to stay reasonably close to the original I am sure I will be adding extra detail to the inside of the engine flaps and I will definitely be adding extra lights to the bottom of the hull. That's the great thing about a kit like this, we can add our own little details as we wish without taking a drill to a MR model!!!

Thanks! Yours is looking sharp. I prefer many of the 5 foot greeblies and am making a few for this build. Eventually I will star a thread, I figured I'd wait until I started the engine deck as that's where the most changes are happening. If people are interested I can make them purchasable on shapeways.

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg481/bwize41/DeAgostini Falcon/20160822_210341_zpsnvz7ltve.jpg

Thanks! Yours is looking sharp. I prefer many of the 5 foot greeblies and am making a few for this build. Eventually I will star a thread, I figured I'd wait until I started the engine deck as that's where the most changes are happening. If people are interested I can make them purchasable on shapeways.
Definitely interested to get a set of your awesome workings. i concur that much of the 5 foot detail has that extra element of realism. Thanks for being willing to offer them. Count me in!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back