Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Personally I like the greeblies on the inside of the window beams in Tony's more... The Space in Scale version doesn't have any of those at all and trying to replicate the hoses and wires would be a nightmare manually.
Yea that does look nice, but unfortunately unless you tilt your head at an extreme angle the underside of the window frame will never be seen. And it's designed to only work with his upgraded interior.

Yea that does look nice, but unfortunately unless you tilt your head at an extreme angle the underside of the window frame will never be seen. And it's designed to only work with his upgraded interior.

Not necessarily... Tony is pretty cool about making changes to help people out. Ask him if he could take out the side shelves and it should work nicely!

Steve Dymszo now has a thread over at Rebelscum:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1122920

Yup, and longtime RPF members seem to have forgotten or never heard of Steve´s ban from this here forum. I do find it quite strange that his third post in that dedicated Falcon thread is about selling a complete set of the Falcon :\ I mean, I could have understood if he´d talk about how to probably help out a few members in Australia or other countries by organizing a few sets via his direct connections, but ONE set? And offering it already at "full" price? Hmmm...

Yup, and longtime RPF members seem to have forgotten or never heard of Steve´s ban from this here forum. I do find it quite strange that his third post in that dedicated Falcon thread is about selling a complete set of the Falcon :\ I mean, I could have understood if he´d talk about how to probably help out a few members in Australia or other countries by organizing a few sets via his direct connections, but ONE set? And offering it already at "full" price? Hmmm...

Given that my contacts at the intended Australian distributor of the Falcon kit is starting to fudge the release date I am starting to worry they may run out of stock or miss OZ altogether in the release. I don't have a US mailing address so I probably won't get to enjoy what looks like a really good kit. This may be my and people from downunders only chance to experience this kit if you got the dough. Time to look for plans for the millenium falcon and build one from scratch I think

Ok... I've been here for awhile and don't remember anything about that... some details?

Ok... I've been here for awhile and don't remember anything about that... some details?

He was a very respected prop builder untl he destroyed his RPF reputation by not finishing a really, really high profile prop item run that a lot of people kind of financed in advance for a long time. When the RPF got hijacked he knowingly continued to advertise his goods on the bizarro RPF site. But see for yourself http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=215566&highlight=steve+dymszo

I've already pointed this out a few pages back when he claimed Steve as "one of us" he seems to have selective reading. Still awaiting an answer on how he knows the wall bracket will hold the falcon at a 45 degree angle??????

He was a very respected prop builder untl he destroyed his RPF reputation by not finishing a really, really high profile prop item run that a lot of people kind of financed in advance for a long time. When the RPF got hijacked he knowingly continued to advertise his goods on the bizarro RPF site. But see for yourself http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=215566&highlight=steve+dymszo

What I don't understand is that the people that sent money to him thru paypal, why they didn't just open a claim thru paypal to get their money back?

What I don't understand is that the people that sent money to him thru paypal, why they didn't just open a claim thru paypal to get their money back?

Because most of the time it's too late, and I think when it happened you had only 45 days to do a claim. But since you can wait for years in this hobby, you never open a claim after the 45 days (I think now it's 180 days ?).

At this point, Dymszo is a necessary evil. I doubt that business dealings here will be able to affect change with Deagostini. I will learn what I can from his videos and avoid dealing with him for anything to do with sales.

TazMan2000

At this point, Dymszo is a necessary evil. I doubt that business dealings here will be able to affect change with Deagostini. I will learn what I can from his videos and avoid dealing with him for anything to do with sales.

TazMan2000

Sounds like a plan... crook or not, the man is talented!

I was one of those in that prop run, and it took me almost 3 years to get my money back, and that was after threatening LEGAL action. I did get it all back though, but unfortunately I am only one of a few that has.. I'll never do business with him EVER AGAIN!

Not only did he steal money from RPF members for his personal projects, many forget he also stole for Master Replicas, using RPF member photographs and actual props used to sell the item or to cast from. The E-11 blaster and the training remote to name two. Yea he's a real piece of work alright.

Don't know if anyone saw this or not... but here's a video from Chris Falcon up and available for viewing on the new ramp assembly (yes the whole thing) that's coming in isses 36-39)... take a look for yourself...

Last edited by a moderator:
so apparently deagostini are not going to re issue some the corrected parts to uk customers.

we point out the mistakes, they retool it, send it off to distant shores and we are left with the crap.

customer service at its best.

so apparently deagostini are not going to re issue some the corrected parts to uk customers.

we point out the mistakes, they retool it, send it off to distant shores and we are left with the crap.

I thought I saw that this weeks magazine had the new cockpit halves

Well that's what you get for getting the issues 2-3 months ahead of the rest of us! Can't have it all now can ya? LOL jk I'm sure they'll send ya'll the retooled parts. Don't sweat it!

I said they will not re-issue SOME of the parts.

They have confirmed this now on the forum. Basically a big middle finger to the UK members.

It's insulting to say the least.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back