Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

I've given this a bit of thought, since the US is in largely the same boat.

Supposedly it is possible to suspend a subscription and then pick it up again later. That being the case, it might work to put a subscription on hold for several months to allow the outdated parts to clear out of the channel before resuming. Presumably they're not still producing the incorrect bits, so at some point I'd expect everyone to be getting the same parts - if they jumped in late enough.

I said they will not re-issue SOME of the parts.

They have confirmed this now on the forum. Basically a big middle finger to the UK members.

It's insulting to say the least.

What are they not re-issueing???

I was only aware of the cockpit being re-done. Are some people not getting that??

Are there other "corrected" parts???

Sorry, been real busy and unable to keep up with everything.

Thanks

Tom

The cockpit will be reissued, though the second attempt is still incorrect - it is just incorrect in different ways.

The hull parts TP-1 and TP-2 (from issues 1 and 3) are slightly incorrect and have been corrected for the markets in France and Japan, but apparently will not be reissued to the UK and presumably, US. The couch in the hold has also been corrected (or made more accurate) for the Japanese market (I'm unsure about France), and there's no solid word on that one yet - though I suspect it won't be reissued either.

However the couch is fairly minor, IMO, since the correction mainly involves omitting a part rather than requiring a complete replacement or scratchbuilt item.

I can understand why they're not automatically reissuing corrected parts to everyone, but as a matter of customer service I think they should at least make them available or provide them on an "as requested" basis. I shouldn't have to track down and order individual back issues from France to gain access to parts that have been made more accurate after they were shipped to me.

[EDIT]...just like FlyingBrickyard just said above

Hey Tom, from what I understand, they are re-issuing the re-done cockpit (issue 40, I believe) and that everyone in the UK and US will receive those...but, they did fix the errors on the side plates of the top panels that came in issue 1 (part TP-1) and issue 3 (TP-2) which we have seen are being released to people in France now and perhaps others like Japan, these both the UK and US will not be getting. There is also a new part being added to the most recent Japan issues that fixes the circular couch in the interior so that it does not have the back seating on the part that hangs out into the hold (more screen accurate) these parts apparently will not be replaced for current subscribers as well.

That's how I understand it from reading the Ask The Publisher section in the official Deagostini forum...There is a way to order the corrected issue 1 & 3 from a French supplier who ships worldwide if you are interested in that...you have to register to order and it is in french...you can look at this thread about the French parts: http://forum.buildmillenniumfalcon.com/forums/topic/tp-1-tp-2/

http://www.journaux.fr/star-wars-faucon-millenium_star-wars-faucon-millenium_modelisme-maquettes_206250.html

http://www.journaux.fr/star-wars-fa...con-millenium_modelisme-maquettes_206928.html

The cockpit will be reissued, though the second attempt is still incorrect - it is just incorrect in different ways.

The hull parts TP-1 and TP-2 (from issues 1 and 3) are slightly incorrect and have been corrected for the markets in France and Japan, but apparently will not be reissued to the UK and presumably, US. The couch in the hold has also been corrected (or made more accurate) for the Japanese market (I'm unsure about France), and there's no solid word on that one yet - though I suspect it won't be reissued either.

However the couch is fairly minor, IMO, since the correction mainly involves omitting a part rather than requiring a complete replacement or scratchbuilt item.

I can understand why they're not automatically reissuing corrected parts to everyone, but as a matter of customer service I think they should at least make them available or provide them on an "as requested" basis. I shouldn't have to track down and order individual back issues from France to gain access to parts that have been made more accurate after they were shipped to me.

Dang!!!!!!! That is bad Customer Service. Better to just leave them as is then give some people better ones and not others. I live this thing and Deago so much. I could not be happier but that is a bad choice.

I was really impressed they wanted to fix the cockpit but to fix it wrong again is pretty silly.

- - - Updated - - -

[EDIT]...just like FlyingBrickyard just said above

Hey Tom, from what I understand, they are re-issuing the re-done cockpit (issue 40, I believe) and that everyone in the UK and US will receive those...but, they did fix the errors on the side plates of the top panels that came in issue 1 (part TP-1) and issue 3 (TP-2) which we have seen are being released to people in France now and perhaps others like Japan, these both the UK and US will not be getting. There is also a new part being added to the most recent Japan issues that fixes the circular couch in the interior so that it does not have the back seating on the part that hangs out into the hold (more screen accurate) these parts apparently will not be replaced for current subscribers as well.

That's how I understand it from reading the Ask The Publisher section in the official Deagostini forum...There is a way to order the corrected issue 1 & 3 from a French supplier who ships worldwide if you are interested in that...you have to register to order and it is in french...you can look at this thread about the French parts: http://forum.buildmillenniumfalcon.com/forums/topic/tp-1-tp-2/

http://www.journaux.fr/star-wars-faucon-millenium_star-wars-faucon-millenium_modelisme-maquettes_206250.html

http://www.journaux.fr/star-wars-fa...con-millenium_modelisme-maquettes_206928.html

I love them, I really do. This thing is so awesome but wow,...not a good move.

Thanks guys.

I had not idea other than the cockpit and I knew some people thought the new one was not right but I was not sure how picky they were being.

Still love my Deago but they should do better on that.

Tom

I live this thing and Deago so much. I could not be happier but that is a bad choice.

Yeah, it's a difficult situation for them. It's a business, and a mass market kit. They also have to answer to Disney, and are (apparently) relying on Dymszo to tell them whether or not they got it right.

So I understand it's not going to be perfect, and that they can't go back and rework and reissue parts for the next 2+ years. It's just not cost effective or practical to do so, and frankly I'm impressed they even made the attempt with the cockpit or any of the other parts.

But I think they should at least provide some reasonable way to obtain them, even if it is as an optional extra "update pack" that they sell for enough to cover the costs of providing it.

I still absolutely love the kit as well, and I'm not especially put off by this, but there's little question they could be handling it better than they are. Still, there's quite a ways to go before it's all over, and from the outset I committed myself to this being a large, long term and likely "unlimited" budget project. I'm already doing a good bit of scratchbuilding and adding or correcting additional details that are incorrect or were entirely missed, but for me, that's a lot of the fun of it.

Even so, I'd much prefer to start working from parts that are 85% correct than ones that are only 70% correct, so having access to them without having to resort to Google translate so I can order them from a different, non-English speaking country would be much appreciated.

This doing all these corrections piecemeal will just end badly. There are things which have not yet even been delivered yet which will be wrong. Better, to me, to wait until all 100 issues have been delivered and then make available correction pieces for those so inclined.

Yes, the impatient will be impatient. But they need to get over it and their public impatience ignored.

There seems to be ALOT of people who are just rivet counters on the De agostini forum , if your not happy send it back ,get a refund and just go away, find something else in your little lives to whine about.
I for one when it does come to Australia will deal with any inaccuracies, learn a new skill with air brushing , and enjoy my model.

There seems to be ALOT of people who are just rivet counters on the De agostini forum , if your not happy send it back ,get a refund and just go away, find something else in your little lives to whine about.
I for one when it does come to Australia will deal with any inaccuracies, learn a new skill with air brushing , and enjoy my model.
It's worse than that, so far as I can tell. The most vocal and unreasonable of them seem to be rivet counters who have never encountered, let alone assembled a model kit before.

So they have absolutely unrealistic expectations, a complete lack of patience and a massive sense of entitlement.

What I find especially baffling is what they get themselves worked up over - all while ignoring far more obvious inaccuracies in places like the cockpit interior or cargo hold. Yet a few in particular seem to think that as a "replica", it is legally required to be precisely identical to the 32" filming model (down to the scratches and paint spatter), even though such a thing is impossible - especially at the price being charged.

It certainly has some accuracy problems, but nothing that's particularly severe. If nothing else, it provides a great base from which to build it into something greater without having to completely scratchbuild it from the ground up.

But what do I know? I've only been putting model kits together for 35 years. :p

Last edited:
It's worse than that, so far as I can tell. The most vocal and unreasonable of them seem to be rivet counters who have never encountered, let alone assembled a model before.

So they have absolutely unrealistic expectations, a complete lack of patience and a massive sense of entitlement.

Its also laughable , the legal threats ,oh go get a life for the love of god, little boys who wear cardigans throwing tanties.
Get mummy to change your nappy! and grow up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's worse than that, so far as I can tell. The most vocal and unreasonable of them seem to be rivet counters who have never encountered, let alone assembled a model kit before.

:p
Well if you've been on the Deago forum you probably recognize me calling them out on all the crying. I cannot take that S#@$! But you probably said it best when they are obsessed with certain minor inaccuracies, but have no modeling skill whatsoever. Can you imagine if they had their way and had Deago painted for them and all the crying that would ensue if streaks were in the wrong place? Threatening legal actions was the most laughable one that I could not help myself calling that BS out!

Last edited:

You are my new best friend. (y)cheers

What I find especially baffling is what they get themselves worked up over - all while ignoring far more obvious inaccuracies in places like the cockpit interior or cargo hold. Yet a few in particular seem to think that as a "replica", it is legally required to be precisely identical to the 32" filming model (down to the scratches and paint spatter), even though such a thing is impossible - especially at the price being charged.

It certainly has some accuracy problems, but nothing that's particularly severe. If nothing else, it provides a great base from which to build it into something greater without having to completely scratchbuild it from the ground up.

But what do I know? I've only been putting model kits together for 35 years. [emoji14]
Totally agree!

I won't complain about Deagostini's accuracy, but I sure once would like a shipment that hasn't been crushed. I received my Box 8 at 2/3rds scale. Some parts wrecked and the magazines are trashed. I know they replace damaged shipments, but they must be losing a lot of money from either UPS damaging them, or Model-Space improperly packing the boxes in the first place. Please Deag, fix THAT!

TazMan2000

Seems to have become a thing lately.

The first two boxes were perfect. The third was somewhat crushed and open. Fortunately the parts inside all appear to be intact and accounted for.

I should know about the condition of shipment 4 within the next few days.

I won't complain about Deagostini's accuracy, but I sure once would like a shipment that hasn't been crushed. I received my Box 8 at 2/3rds scale. Some parts wrecked and the magazines are trashed. I know they replace damaged shipments, but they must be losing a lot of money from either UPS damaging them, or Model-Space improperly packing the boxes in the first place. Please Deag, fix THAT!

TazMan2000

My 7th Shipment box had a crushed corner and the mags inside were a little crushed as well, but 8th shipment came and was wrapped in bubblewrap. They are getting better... trust me!

I got box 8 yesterday and it was fine. All my shipments have (eventually) arrived in good condition. Maybe it depends on how careful the delivery guys are in your area?

I say eventually, because I almost always have to contact DeAgostini each month as for something like 7 times out of 8, they missed off a key part of the delivery address and the box got sent back or lost.

:-(

Cheers

Michael

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back