Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

It could be the lighting that is making yellow or beige details pop. It will likely look far different under other lighting conditions.

It could be the lighting that is making yellow or beige details pop. It will likely look far different under other lighting conditions.

I think so too. I often get lighting conditions like this when I rely on room lighting so that I do not have to use a flash. As a result, I often have to adjust the temperature of the image to correct it. By doing this adjustment, I think the actual image should look something like this:

%0A					.jpg

I agree the lights of the room are bringing out the yellows and reds. Probably a little of an over kill on the splatter still though. As a side note, I just got notified for this months payment, so maybe they are back on track with their notifications

Isn't there a DeAg North America rep on these boards? Maybe he could bring the crushed shipping boxes to their attention.

Yep... looks like it is all gonna be separated... wish they had a much better view of it thou... gonna have to wait for it to arrive in people's shipments before we'll see the whole thing up close and personal thou... if you can't see that pic here it is:

12027674_10208192916519835_3823853715865206439_n.jpg

I had a look at DeAgostini's response to one of the two threads mentioned (On the DeAg forum) stating that they had only just received the new cone and would be photographing it soon. So there is every chance that the cone in the photograph above is the Japanese release version used as a substitute in that image to meet a publishing and printing deadline before they had the actual cone.

If that image is of the new cone, I will be just as disappointed as everyone else. I wont be using the glazing either.

It would be disappointing, but at this point my reaction is mostly "Eh, I'll just scratch one up then".

I'm already scratchbuilding and casting replacement Nav/Hold seats because the kit versions are way off, and the shapeways offerings appear to miss the mark on the headrest profile as well.

A cone would probably be relatively simple in comparison, and this thing is going to be so expensive and come so slowly I don't really mind reworking bits of it to get it that much closer to right.

I've never done a partwork before, but the enforced slow pace certainly makes it easier to go nuts on every little bit as it comes in. I've already stopped thinking that I'm building a model.

What I'm really building is a 32" container to hold a bunch of much smaller models.

Yea, I noticed the headrest from the shapeways nav computer chair is too narrow if you look at it from the front. Other than that hands better than the Deagostini.

Yea, I noticed the headrest from the shapeways nav computer chair is too narrow if you look at it from the front. Other than that hands better than the Deagostini.

Yep. Seems straight sided from the front, when it should really taper from bottom to top. And since the shape of the headrest (IMO) is the most distinctive feature of the chair that really makes or breaks the look, for me it renders the shapeways part mostly useless.

I'd debated ordering one anyway and then correcting that bit myself, but at that point I figured I might as well make my own version out of styrene and wood.

It won't be perfect either, but visually it's much closer.

Here's where I'm at so far
IMG_2686e_s.jpg

The biggest failing will be in not having the top and front of the headrest hollowed out, but given how little that's actually visible on screen, I'm willing to let it slide in favor of an overall improved profile.

Besides, I'm actually enjoying the challenge of making it work myself.

I've also had my last couple shipments arrive with the box crushed or split open.

The only damage was one of the 'jig' segments was slightly crushed. I was able to get it back into shape.

It seems that it's been a problem with the larger boxes that the jig pieces have to be shipped in. The smaller boxes seem tougher.

The UPS Gods answered my prayers (this time). Box 7 arrived yesterday in pristine shape. I think she even smiled...

How is it some of us get deliveries from UPS and others the postal service? Can I call them and switch to UPS? I'd much prefer a tracking number than sitting around wondering everyday if my package will randomly show up.

So far, 7 issues in, I have received them every fourth Monday. I expect my next on the 28th.

I'm usually billed on a Monday, shipped on Wednesday and arrives the next Monday.

I would actually get them on Saturday, but I have it shipped to my job... so I don't get it till Monday.

Mine are delivered USPS.

How is it some of us get deliveries from UPS and others the postal service? Can I call them and switch to UPS? I'd much prefer a tracking number than sitting around wondering everyday if my package will randomly show up.

I think I've gotten them from both at different points, and while there is always a tracking number, I don't think there's any way to get the tracking number until it gets here. That is, I don't get the tracking number via e-mail. BTW, I don't think the postal service ships anything without a tracking number anymore, either.

So far, 7 issues in, I have received them every fourth Monday. I expect my next on the 28th.

I'm usually billed on a Monday, shipped on Wednesday and arrives the next Monday.

I would actually get them on Saturday, but I have it shipped to my job... so I don't get it till Monday.

Mine are delivered USPS.

How do you get weekly shipments in the US?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back