Cyberpunk city diorama

Analyzer

Master Member
You never disappoint!

That was a brilliant way to get that diamond pattern for the step

I also love how you did the landings. Very cool

I can see an exciting chase scene happening on that fire escape, or may Tony singing to Maria in Westside Story etc..

yuumi2891103

Master Member
You never disappoint!

That was a brilliant way to get that diamond pattern for the step

I also love how you did the landings. Very cool

I can see an exciting chase scene happening on that fire escape, or may Tony singing to Maria in Westside Story etc..
1653368695771.png

♪ Tonight, tonight
  It all began tonight
   I saw you and
    the world went away 

:love:Thank you, Analyzer-san!

Nailed it! (y) (y)
Thank you so much, Stevie-san!

As always :cool: Katsu-san

Thank you, always, George-san!

O-U-T-S-T-A-N-D-I-N-G-!

T-H-A-N-K Y-O-U !! Snow builder-san!

Selfie, Yeey! ......... Looks like my hair keeps missing. :sick:

qrMgYV4.jpg

Uw0JM1k.jpg

FhTX5in.jpg

WPhKjsh.jpg

1k9Pz9f.jpg

SjlNCiV.jpg

C8bEvnt.jpg

FAlRlxx.jpg

Thanks for watching!

katsu

Patattack

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Not only is this amazing craftsmanship that looks beautiful, but I'm consistently shocked by how quickly you work! You're a diorama-creating machine!!

yuumi2891103

Master Member
Outstanding!!!
Can't get over how you've built an entire city block in less time than I build a single miniature!!!

Thank you, Lamby-san. You can get over it for sure.(y)

This is unbelievable and yet I'm looking at..a real building?...:unsure: hang on...it's Katsu-san outdoing himself again:notworthy:
Beautiful craftsmanship, Sensei

Thank you, George-san!
I rarely build something that already exists and I knew it is a bit difficult to build something people are familiar to see every day. They soon feel something wrong. So I took much time to build the things look natural. Your kind comment about my work makes me so happy. :love:

That looks perfect, like it could be for a movie set!

Love the colors

Thank you, Analyzer-san!
To be a movie miniature set and prop maker was my dream that didn't come true. This time, I enjoyed the feeling of being a miniature set maker at work.
Thanks again

That's a wonderful paint job; you've created a masterful miniature.

Thank you very much, Snow builder-san!
It's all thanks to your support.

Not only is this amazing craftsmanship that looks beautiful, but I'm consistently shocked by how quickly you work! You're a diorama-creating machine!!

Thank you, Patattack-san!
I've been making those full scratch models for almost 15 years by now. I learned many things about making many same parts efficiently. And, I love and enjoy solving those things with new ideas all the time. This building is the sum of all those.

Katsu-San, I can’t believe I just found this thread. Amazing work and detail as always.

Thank you very much for stopping by, MNR-san!
It will be a long way to go but thank you for your kind support.

I stood still yesterday and worked all day, so my ankles are swelling and I have a pain in my leg this morning. I will take a break and watch a movie today. Oh, Top Gun: Maverick will be released on Friday. I definitely go see that. I was 30 when I saw the first one.
Tom Cruise is now visiting Japan for the premiere. He is the most popular and loved movie star in Japan. He always focusing being an actor, focusing to provide the most exciting movie. That is why we love him so much.

George

Master Member
I remember Tom Cruise in The Last Samurai and the interviews behind the scenes/dvd featurette. He takes his work very seriously, makes it look darn good. My favorite scene from that movie was the Bok-ken /wooden sword test in the grassland. And yes: after having seen the first Topgun, I'm curious about Topgun: Maverick as well, like you said, Katsu-san. The trailer looked enticing enough. Will you be visiting the theatre with your family to see it?

yuumi2891103

Master Member
I remember Tom Cruise in The Last Samurai and the interviews behind the scenes/dvd featurette. He takes his work very seriously, makes it look darn good. My favorite scene from that movie was the Bok-ken /wooden sword test in the grassland. And yes: after having seen the first Topgun, I'm curious about Topgun: Maverick as well, like you said, Katsu-san. The trailer looked enticing enough. Will you be visiting the theatre with your family to see it?
Oh, yes, of course. I've just booked three seats in the I-Max theater nearby. All my family members are big fans of Tom Cruise.
I and a young lady went to see the first Top Gun 35 years ago. The lady became my wife later!(y)

SmilingOtter

Master Member
The building looks amazing. I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest.

I'm also eager to see the new Top Gun. A bit of trivia: the P-51 Mustang seen in the trailer is Cruise's own plane.

JediMichael

Master Member
Here over 10 hours later, wanted to say, that in my fast haste to post that emailer post, I of course meant "Gotham" city, but wasn't sure if I was going to spell it correctly, and was out of time to double check.

....and, now with some time......
The Empire has found you.
buildingdestroyer.jpg

yuumi2891103

Master Member
The building looks amazing. I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest.

I'm also eager to see the new Top Gun. A bit of trivia: the P-51 Mustang seen in the trailer is Cruise's own plane.

Thank you, Tom-san!
Aww! I don't know how many aircraft he owns but I envy he has the one. Nothing flattery, I believe the North American P-51D is the best fighter aircraft in WW2. Of course, Japan had Mitsubishi A6M1. That was good for the early stage of the war but it also had too many issues left untouched. Someday, I want to discuss those things with you, Tom-san. I guess there are many things you will be interested in.

This is totally looking like it would perfectly fit within Burton's Batman city.

View attachment 1578985

View attachment 1578986

Wow, these pics are amazing. I guess those miniature might be built in 1/32 or 1/48 scale. how many hours did they spend on this set? I guess this set would appear in the film only for a few seconds but... Tim Burton's Bat Man is one of the best Bat Movie including that Bat mobile for me. That special atmosphere of the movie is very much dependent on those fine miniature sets. However, whatever the filming was sloppy, I've never seen the sloppy miniature work. I remember the tragedy of 'One from the heart'. Thank you so much for the inspiring pics, Michael-san!

Here over 10 hours later, wanted to say, that in my fast haste to post that emailer post, I of course meant "Gotham" city, but wasn't sure if I was going to spell it correctly, and was out of time to double check.

....and, now with some time......
The Empire has found you.
View attachment 1579142
Wow, again! and again I am amazed by the awesomeness of your photo composite technique. This is the pro's work!
The atmospheric density and shadows and light in the daylight have matched and blended in a very high revel.
Michael-san, Thank you very much for your kindness and friendship. You must be still busy I guess but you spend your precious time making me cheer up.
Please keep up the good work for what you have to achieve.
All the best!

JediMichael

Master Member
Of course. We all enjoy your stuff a lot and you always and humbly feel like its nothing or something boring, as I know you've said before.
Back in the 80s, when model work was at its fullest in movies, had someone seen your work back then, I believe you would have been hired in a second with some company.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.