Cowboys & Aliens - Jake Lonergan Gauntlet Weapon

Here's the latest from my build..

Vest

6093278465_93744287d7.jpg

Where'd you get the vest? Homemade or bought? I've been looking everywhere!

For a second I thought that was a pic of Daniel Craig!

Thanks! I was getting complements like that all night. The costume was a big hit. Looks like I need to work on a really accurate version of this costume now.

Where'd you get the vest? Homemade or bought? I've been looking everywhere!

My wife made the vest from a XL sportcoat we found at goodwill for $5. She just laid the pattern over the coat, added more button holes, added fake pockets to the front, and made a new back. She even managed to keep the inside pockets intact.

Overall this costume came out real nice considering I did it in less than two weeks and for less than $75.

That's exactly what I'm planning on doing for a vest... Already sacrificed a sportcoat for it, just need to get a pattern and fabric for the back. GMTA!

SWFreak, it was great meeting you at DragonCon and I thought your Jake Lonergan was the best I'd ever seen. The costume suits you quite well!

new guy here...just wanted to say i love this site and all the cool things peeps make. I've been working in the tv and film biz for over 10 years and even spent a lil time working in a prop shop in L.A.. My girl and i went to dragoncon this year for the first time and thought i'd go as Jake Lonergan as well. SW Freak---saw you there from actross the way. awesome job on ur outfit. I actually had someone approach me and tell me they had a pic of me inmy costume. I asked to see it and told them it wasnt me....that guy looks better. lol. I didnt have the resources in time to do anything cool, but did a modded 7-11 gauntlet with a mixture of goodwill modded items for the clothes and painted a gun and made a holster. My girl had aspirations of going as a pilot from BSG, but somehow we found a way to make a "light" steampunk outfit out of a couple of goodwill trips and then she MADE her own goggles from some scrap leather and a pipe fitting from Home Depot. here's a pic. enjoy! looking forward to being part of this site. thx!

Re: Cowboys & Aliens - Jake Lonergan Gauntlet Weap

BTW, did you find a pattern somewhere for the chaps? I'd liek to add them for my Halloween event costume.

BTW, did you find a pattern somewhere for the chaps? I'd liek to add them for my Halloween event costume.

Nope, My wife and I just wrapped my legs with paper and drew the pattern on based off of the pic's available online.

Saw you at DC SWFreak. I also noticed how bright your white LEDs were. How many batteries did you end up using inside the cup mod?

Nope, My wife and I just wrapped my legs with paper and drew the pattern on based off of the pic's available online.

Well done then! We considered something like that, but I couldn't locate a material, and we ran out of time for Dragoncon.

Saw you at DC SWFreak. I also noticed how bright your white LEDs were. How many batteries did you end up using inside the cup mod?

I wished you came over and said hi. We've never met in person.

I used two A23 batteries wired in parallel. The white LED's were white superflux from Oznium. They were a bit over sized, but it's something I had on hand. I wired the LED's in series parallel to cut back on the brightness.

The exterior LED's were just the one's that came with the cup. I just moved them and kept them on the same batteries.

I know- this was our first year at Dragon Con and I'm really bad at meeting new people. I figured you had to be someone from the RPF. It's better when Kim is with me, but this time she stayed in the room most of the Con - including when I saw you. It must have been very close to the time of that picture though - that's my friend Uubergeek in the background there.

Anyway- wow the LED battery combination you used really does seem powerful. I was running my whole gauntlet off of 3 tiny button cell batteries which definitely caused a drop in brightness after about LED #10. Those Ozniums look great and also seem like they have a little spread to them instead of a narrow beam?

With all the great pictures of the screen used prop now, has anybody had a go at an accurate version of the inert cuff version of the gauntlet?

This picture is a great shot, being that it's lined up nicely and could be used as an amazing template if sized down accurately

CowboysAliensCuff80.jpg

Has anyone got any contact details for Ares5000????

I sent him $78 paypal payment for 4 cups over a month a go and have hurd nothing back he seams to be advoiding my emails and PM's

I'm starting to feel like I have been mugged off,

If anyone can get a message to him for me to get in contact that would be great
I really wanted these before the movie launch to sort out my costume

Has anyone hurd from Justin?

I've had no contact. No cups nothing
I can't bleave in good faith I have been ripped off

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back