Cowboys & Aliens - Jake Lonergan Gauntlet Weapon

Kevin Gossett

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here's the latest from my build..

Vest

6093278465_93744287d7.jpg

Where'd you get the vest? Homemade or bought? I've been looking everywhere!

SWFreak

Sr Member
For a second I thought that was a pic of Daniel Craig!

Thanks! I was getting complements like that all night. The costume was a big hit. Looks like I need to work on a really accurate version of this costume now.

Where'd you get the vest? Homemade or bought? I've been looking everywhere!

My wife made the vest from a XL sportcoat we found at goodwill for $5. She just laid the pattern over the coat, added more button holes, added fake pockets to the front, and made a new back. She even managed to keep the inside pockets intact.

Overall this costume came out real nice considering I did it in less than two weeks and for less than $75.

Kevin Gossett

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
That's exactly what I'm planning on doing for a vest... Already sacrificed a sportcoat for it, just need to get a pattern and fabric for the back. GMTA!

Jaedena

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
SWFreak, it was great meeting you at DragonCon and I thought your Jake Lonergan was the best I'd ever seen. The costume suits you quite well!

bishopw

new guy here...just wanted to say i love this site and all the cool things peeps make. I've been working in the tv and film biz for over 10 years and even spent a lil time working in a prop shop in L.A.. My girl and i went to dragoncon this year for the first time and thought i'd go as Jake Lonergan as well. SW Freak---saw you there from actross the way. awesome job on ur outfit. I actually had someone approach me and tell me they had a pic of me inmy costume. I asked to see it and told them it wasnt me....that guy looks better. lol. I didnt have the resources in time to do anything cool, but did a modded 7-11 gauntlet with a mixture of goodwill modded items for the clothes and painted a gun and made a holster. My girl had aspirations of going as a pilot from BSG, but somehow we found a way to make a "light" steampunk outfit out of a couple of goodwill trips and then she MADE her own goggles from some scrap leather and a pipe fitting from Home Depot. here's a pic. enjoy! looking forward to being part of this site. thx!

Gareee

Re: Cowboys & Aliens - Jake Lonergan Gauntlet Weap

BTW, did you find a pattern somewhere for the chaps? I'd liek to add them for my Halloween event costume.

SWFreak

Sr Member

BTW, did you find a pattern somewhere for the chaps? I'd liek to add them for my Halloween event costume.

Nope, My wife and I just wrapped my legs with paper and drew the pattern on based off of the pic's available online.

kimncris

Sr Member

Saw you at DC SWFreak. I also noticed how bright your white LEDs were. How many batteries did you end up using inside the cup mod?

Gareee

Nope, My wife and I just wrapped my legs with paper and drew the pattern on based off of the pic's available online.

Well done then! We considered something like that, but I couldn't locate a material, and we ran out of time for Dragoncon.

SWFreak

Sr Member

Saw you at DC SWFreak. I also noticed how bright your white LEDs were. How many batteries did you end up using inside the cup mod?

I wished you came over and said hi. We've never met in person.

I used two A23 batteries wired in parallel. The white LED's were white superflux from Oznium. They were a bit over sized, but it's something I had on hand. I wired the LED's in series parallel to cut back on the brightness.

The exterior LED's were just the one's that came with the cup. I just moved them and kept them on the same batteries.

kimncris

Sr Member
I know- this was our first year at Dragon Con and I'm really bad at meeting new people. I figured you had to be someone from the RPF. It's better when Kim is with me, but this time she stayed in the room most of the Con - including when I saw you. It must have been very close to the time of that picture though - that's my friend Uubergeek in the background there.

Anyway- wow the LED battery combination you used really does seem powerful. I was running my whole gauntlet off of 3 tiny button cell batteries which definitely caused a drop in brightness after about LED #10. Those Ozniums look great and also seem like they have a little spread to them instead of a narrow beam?

Guardian Devil

Sr Member
With all the great pictures of the screen used prop now, has anybody had a go at an accurate version of the inert cuff version of the gauntlet?

This picture is a great shot, being that it's lined up nicely and could be used as an amazing template if sized down accurately

CowboysAliensCuff80.jpg

geordi

Has anyone got any contact details for Ares5000????

I sent him $78 paypal payment for 4 cups over a month a go and have hurd nothing back he seams to be advoiding my emails and PM's

I'm starting to feel like I have been mugged off,

If anyone can get a message to him for me to get in contact that would be great
I really wanted these before the movie launch to sort out my costume

Has anyone hurd from Justin?

I've had no contact. No cups nothing
I can't bleave in good faith I have been ripped off

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.