Done / Completed Closed

Re: Obi Wan ANH Saber Crystal Chamber Kit ( update 1/21/16 plz read post # 474 )

Picked up the batteries and the electronics all work! The only thing I'm stumped on is how to mount the transistors. I picked up some 8-32 nuts but I can't seem to find any orientation that allows me to have both transistors on the clamp.

Re: Obi Wan ANH Saber Crystal Chamber Kit ( update 1/21/16 plz read post # 474 )

You can use the nut on the back transistor, but on the front one you need to cut down threaded stud and glue it to the outside of the clamp. I used five minute epoxy and glued it on after the clamp was in place on the lightsaber. Making sure not the get any glue on the spacer underneath.

Did any one else work fine for them? Please let me know asap!

I'm waiting to receive an FX Kit straight from Roman hopefully any day now?!? Does this mean my chamber will work or will not work on his newest kit?? I hope it does, I had to buy a completely new FX kit because the other FX kit I had bought from Roman was already built by him and let me tell you, he really likes using Loctite....a lot?!? I could not get that thing apart for the life of me!! Well, not without scarring up and ruining all of the parts. It's all good, I'm just broke now!

Bah... Not fitting my real booster, Romans, or ruse rep...

shall I be sending back? Other than that, looks great!

I'm waiting to receive an FX Kit straight from Roman hopefully any day now?!? Does this mean my chamber will work or will not work on his newest kit?? I hope it does, I had to buy a completely new FX kit because the other FX kit I had bought from Roman was already built by him and let me tell you, he really likes using Loctite....a lot?!? I could not get that thing apart for the life of me!! Well, not without scarring up and ruining all of the parts. It's all good, I'm just broke now!

Its kinda up up in the air, but more than likely it will not, when we tested his stock only a couple fit. But this new set will fit both

- - - Updated - - -

Neo,
I'm sorry about that , if u can send it back will have it fixed :)

Are they making new spacers or rethreading the current ones? What will the turn around time be?

Are we able to measure the diameter of our threads to find if we have one too large?

They are rethreading them, the first batch only took 2days , they said they will not start the second batch till all are in, they are only charging me a portion to retread.

Iggy if have a way to measure I can send you the measurements

I have my calipers a at the ready.

I believe it was 25mm I'm at work right now, but I believe a few posts back someone posted the measurents

I sent you a PM. I didn't get to send it back yesterday, I'll drop it off at the post office tomorrow.

Edit: just noticed you already updated me on the front page

I sent you a PM regarding the tracking number.
Please reply.
Thank you

pm replied :)

Okay if you have a booster that is 27.6mm the threading will fit, anything lower than that like 27.4 will require the universal threading.

and for the allen wrench it is a 1/16 diameter hex wrench. to take out the set screws.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Anyway to way to note who is done?

everyone in yellow shipped have been fixed, the shop will not do the next batch till all the rest are accounted for. ive already begged them to start but they said they will not due to set up time and changing out the parts to the machine, to rethread the boosters.

So there's a good chance these won't be done for a while if we're waiting on everyone to send theirs back... Was really hoping to have this before March

Ah, mine seems to be shipped too. Didn't get a tracking number, or did I miss something?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back