Chronicle / Efx Mandalorian prop replicas

The weathering on the cheeks is so bad. That's so far my only major gripe from what we've seen of it. As far as positives go, the visor is much darker than the Anovos, the interior liner is better applied (based on the Asian unboxing), and the ears aren't flared at least on these early ones.

The weathering on the mandibles is my biggest gripe as well. I'll still wait to see it in hand but I'm a little let down by this comparison.

And it’s WAY thinner. Are there screenshots anywhere that ever sows it that thin? Most pics make it “look”like a converted Boba lid. But that’s really really thin to me.

And it’s WAY thinner. Are there screenshots anywhere that ever sows it that thin? Most pics make it “look”like a converted Boba lid. But that’s really really thin to me.

I've seen comparisons to Fett helmets and it is noticably thinner for sure. Thus far it looks like EFX came up short.

Well it obviously going to be a toss up between both helmets. Coming down to weathering/ over weathering. Next EFX and Ano No both had access so makes a person wonder which files they chose to use for producing their helmets. What truly bothers me is the fact that there is no Quality Control. Money does not grow on tree and everyone buying is making a purchase based on a return investment. Your paying for something to be as close as possible to screen accurate. If either company is going to sell a helmet it be nice if the stated it will be this helmet from Season one seen on episode etc etc. At least from that point of you as the purchase decide whether to buy or not. I bought EFX simply b/c I have lost confidence in Ano No. I will not purchase anything from them until years of back log of customers start getting what’s due to them period. As for the Mandalorian helmet just waiting for it to show up and see it up close. I may either just accept it or decide to send to an Artisan he to get fixed up. Which sucks because it’s just another cause because lack of Quality Control. Time will tell.

Some pics from Rebelscum

E703D027-BA86-43DC-84F6-202A3BC1FB69.png
4DF9D619-3C67-4B90-8D9B-8D98C2CF958E.png
E0B56EA0-8E28-46C5-9048-A7C40AC1A12F.png
EE87FC42-596D-4EB9-BD5E-B7BBD98DDD03.png

I’d like to see the EFX with a corrected visor. The ones I’ve seen so far have been too wide for my tastes at the bottom and it’s changing the shape pretty noticeably.

Last edited:
Here is the comparison pic I took. Left is EFX and Right is Anovos. I’m uploading a video to YouTube right now that will show both helmets next to each other in different lighting. If you watch to the end, I also used a ruler to measure the differences. As well as a small scale for the weight difference. I’ll post the link as soon as it’s uploaded.

Attachments

• 8470FA7E-1416-4A9F-9623-B21B3B82FDB7.jpeg
    8470FA7E-1416-4A9F-9623-B21B3B82FDB7.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 125
Gabe3666, I appreciate you taking time to do the video and doing the different lighting. You made a solid observation both companies were given access and depending which version of the Mandalorian helmet they chose to scan or the other process. Your point is quite accurate there had to be more than one helmet available for filming. There has to be a Hero, Stunt, light version and then obviously different weathered version as well. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Gabe3666, I appreciate you taking time to do the video and doing the different lighting. You made a solid observation both companies were given access and depending which version of the Mandalorian helmet they chose to scan or the other process. Your point is quite accurate there had to be more than one helmet available for filming. There has to be a Hero, Stunt, light version and then obviously different weathered version as well. Thanks again.

Good lord, for sure.

You can tell by the visor gap in the same episodes. There’s definitely a hero and stunt version.

The visor gap is different between helmets in the show because of the way the visors are installed. They aren’t “locked” into place on the real helmets, so it’s hard to say what’s accurate outside of preference. Some are more pinched, some are very wide. On heros and stunts.. and of course there are hero and stunt helmets.. They're very easy to tell apart from the gloss, instead of the visor. Imperiflex has higher gloss than the clear they used on the hero helmets. The one on display at Lucasfilm is a stunt helmet, for example.

2372D696-8C6C-48A5-8C77-0737610051A3.jpeg
3FA7ECB1-8061-4316-B039-9B7F50FE8FEA.jpeg

I know for a fact Anovos referenced a Hero helmet, and I highly doubt EFX, who had a direct line to Legacy, would have referenced a stunt helmet either. I understand the line of thinking, but I’m sorry.. It’s nonsense.. The differences are down to them using completely different processes to make the casts, (scan vs direct cast,) different finishing techniques, and different visors.

Last edited:
Line of thinking is correct and peoples different opinions. Yes of course different finishing techniques are a given Mr. MoldMaker no doubt it. However, everyone opinion/take on the helmet will be they love it, hate it or will not comment on what they received. I concur with you scan vs direct cast and finishing techniques (y)

Last edited:
I’d like to see the EFX with a corrected visor. The ones I’ve seen so far have been too wide for my tastes at the bottom and it’s changing the shape pretty noticeably.

Are you saying the visor creates the visor gap pinch, vs. the cast being altered to create a wider visor gap?

Some more pics. J think they look fantastic View attachment 1312080[ATTACH

I have to say. This particular photo makes the EFX Mando look outstanding.

Hmm, I think I'd want the Anovos more if it wasn't for the mixed quality control and stupid, stupid double visor.

Does anyone know for a fact there isn’t a double visor? I mean I know it’s a purple/blue color but how do we know? Is there reference I just haven’t seen yet?

The different size of Anovos and EFX is not really a surprise.Anovos helmets are costumehelmets and not really screenaccurate replicas.
Thats why they scan the props...with a scan you can add some extra space very easy that the helmets also fits bigger heads.
I think both are looking nice...but from the replicaside the EFX is the way to go.
The EFX helmets on minutefetts pics are looking very good in my eyes.
Cannot wait for mine.Hope if the weathering is too much on some areas I can remove it with alcohol like I did with the back of the Boba PCR bucket from EFX. ;)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back