New Efx lightsaber: Luke from The Mandalorian

Is the Luke shipping this month (September)? Surprised it’s not sold out.
A sign of the times and most collectors not buying everything and anything.

While no one is more excited than me that we're getting new replicas, I'm not in a hurry to order anything these days.

That being said I think this will turn out great and appease both old and new fans.

Last edited:

The saber is gorgeous! But the scene it was used in, is just one big mess that makes no sense to the story... it's trying to call back to Luke in the dark side tree cave and his encounter with a phantom Vader. But its execution is so horrible... there's no set-up, no resolution. It's like a whole chunk was edited away.

IMO, the Dark Rey saber is the ONLY redeeming part from that chunk of the story.

A sign of the times and most collectors not buying everything and anything.

While no one is more excited than me that were getting new replicas, I'm not in a hurry to order anything these days.

That being said I think this will turn out great and appease both old and new fans.
The Luke RotJ also already has some very nice replicas like the Master Replicas one and eFX’s reveal. Given this one is also one from a tv show with a short scene compared to the others in the movies for quite a bit, yeah this is more niche imo.

The saber is gorgeous! But the scene it was used in, is just one big mess that makes no sense to the story... it's trying to call back to Luke in the dark side tree cave and his encounter with a phantom Vader. But its execution is so horrible... there's no set-up, no resolution. It's like a whole chunk was edited away.

IMO, the Dark Rey saber is the ONLY redeeming part from that chunk of the story.
Agreed. The saber is a beauty and the weathering and “heat damage” look great. The saber itself also was pretty cool, having a duel blade in an interesting mechanical joint.

I do think ST had some cool lightsaber designs. Kylo Ren’s broadsword like saber and the Dark Rey look cool. Problem is eFX hasnt made a kylo ren and the Rey Dark saber is only in one short scene. May have been better if Rey had her last saber be the joint saber in her dark vision but its blue/yellow with her control over her darkness. Not that there was enough character development for this though.

Please forgive my ignorance on this, but how is this one any different from the RotJ version?
Quite a bit different. Here are a few significant changes between this stunt and the ROTJ hero:
The overall shape of the hilt is different.
Emitter is a stunt version.

The neck is made of a different material. The ROTJ was painted aluminum.

The stunt rings are much fatter and have even valleys. The ROTJ has non-symmetrical rings with unique valleys.

The control box is shaped differently and has a different arrow structure and screws.

Clamp card is a different material than the hero.

The shape and orientation of the pommel is different and so is the tri-ring.

From all the way around it’s different. Kinda like the different variations of graflex we have seen on screen. They slightly modify it each time they bring it back.

Last edited:

Just got the email for 2nd payment. Shipping out the week of Oct 2nd.

Yep. Got that email and paired them remaining balance due. Looking forward to seeing this in hand.

IMG_5243.jpeg
IMG_5247.jpeg
IMG_5249.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back