New Efx lightsaber: Luke from The Mandalorian

James Kenobi 1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

It looks like it’s got an LED blade connection in the emitter but I didn’t see listed that this was an ignited replica, just a static prop.

Is it possible Efx has replicated the blade connection seen on the actual prop even though it’s a static prop?

It looks like it’s got an LED blade connection in the emitter but I didn’t see listed that this was an ignited replica, just a static prop.

Is it possible Efx has replicated the blade connection seen on the actual prop even though it’s a static prop?
Pretty sure they are just trying to replicate the same as the prop by having pogo pin connector in there

IMG_1636.jpeg

I think these connectors and still be bought on tcss.. don’t hold me to that..
I actually have a question, that probably a bunch here could answer, but if anyone is the light saber expert, its got to be you.
For years and years I always wanted to buy one of these more realistic sabers with the led lights, as all I've had are the cheap $10-$20 dollar toys.
Just last night I had a cool idea on how to display what I have in might and which sabers I would eventually like to get.
With all the tons of companies that make sabers, some not even licensed, what is a good company to choose from that not overly expensive?
I don't need it to make noise or anything like that, just light up.
Heres a quick photoshop for the layout idea around the paintings I made. Actual handle wise, starting on the left, and its mainly for symmetrical purposes, Obi-Wan (Ep. I), Qui-Gon, Palpatine, Darth Maul, Vader, Luke (Jedi), Anakin/Luke (Graflex design).
Yoda's, Mace Windu's and all those look cool, but they throw the symmetrical look off.
Just something I thought within the next year I could try and pursue and make happen, but wanted to ask questions for best advise.
Obviously I won't be fighting with them.

Depending on the actual size, I'd have to play around with how they all look, and probably move the lamps around.
Saberidea.jpg

I actually have a question, that probably a bunch here could answer, but if anyone is the light saber expert, its got to be you.
For years and years I always wanted to buy one of these more realistic sabers with the led lights, as all I've had are the cheap $10-$20 dollar toys.
Just last night I had a cool idea on how to display what I have in might and which sabers I would eventually like to get.
With all the tons of companies that make sabers, some not even licensed, what is a good company to choose from that not overly expensive?
I don't need it to make noise or anything like that, just light up.
Heres a quick photoshop for the layout idea around the paintings I made. Actual handle wise, starting on the left, and its mainly for symmetrical purposes, Obi-Wan (Ep. I), Qui-Gon, Palpatine, Darth Maul, Vader, Luke (Jedi), Anakin/Luke (Graflex design).
Yoda's, Mace Windu's and all those look cool, but they throw the symmetrical look off.
Just something I thought within the next year I could try and pursue and make happen, but wanted to ask questions for best advise.
Obviously I won't be fighting with them.

Depending on the actual size, I'd have to play around with how they all look, and probably move the lamps around.
View attachment 1718356
Boy that's really difficult. There are some cheaper options. But they're barely film accurate. TXQ and LGT are cheap. Here's a bit of an explanation between those two.
Korbanth is popular seller. His hilts (made primarily by 89 Sabers) are more accurate then the previous. But the installed sabers are going to be more expensive. And going to be hard pressed find sabers not installed with sound. If really only just want light. You'd probably be better off doing it yourself.

Boy that's really difficult. There are some cheaper options. But they're barely film accurate. TXQ and LGT are cheap. Here's a bit of an explanation between those two.
Korbanth is popular seller. His hilts (made primarily by 89 Sabers) are more accurate then the previous. But the installed sabers are going to be more expensive. And going to be hard pressed find sabers not installed with sound. If really only just want light. You'd probably be better off doing it yourself.
Hmmm. Well, guess I'll see what seems best.
I'm not really a prop builder and wouldn't even know where to start, how to do the lights or anything like that at all.

The saber I bought has programmable volume that includes mute. So you might get a saber with all the bells and whistles and mute the sound.

Hmmm. Well, guess I'll see what seems best.
I'm not really a prop builder and wouldn't even know where to start, how to do the lights or anything like that at all.
Most sabers do have a mute function. Or you can turn the volume down in the settings. But you're going to paying for features that you don't want.*

I don't think it would be hard to do. You'd basically be making glorified flashlights. There's a lot tutorials out there, and wiring diagrams. What your want to look for is building a "stunt" saber.

Alternatively, you could see if you can hire someone so the install for you. There's a lot of people around in the Facebook groups that do installs. Might be a few here that would do it.

*Okay most people get into, going, 'I just a simple this or that.' And then it happens. And you realize. Actually I really want a lightsaber with all the cool functions and neopixel blade. So maybe you should get something a little more fancy right from the start?. ;)

The saber I bought has programmable volume that includes mute. So you might get a saber with all the bells and whistles and mute the sound.
I'll just have to see whats out there. I just figured without sound would be cheaper, but maybe they don't make them without sound?
I also don't need it to be perfect. Enough to know whos saber it is, but if some part is slightly off a little, I probably wouldn't tell, unless really horribly bad.
This also being something in the future...hopefully near future.

Most sabers do have a mute function. Or you can turn the volume down in the settings. But you're going to paying for features that you don't want.*

I don't think it would be hard to do. You'd basically be making glorified flashlights. There's a lot tutorials out there, and wiring diagrams. What your want to look for is building a "stunt" saber.

Alternatively, you could see if you can hire someone so the install for you. There's a lot of people around in the Facebook groups that do installs. Might be a few here that would do it.

*Okay most people get into, going, 'I just a simple this or that.' And then it happens. And you realize. Actually I really want a lightsaber with all the cool functions and neopixel blade. So maybe you should get something a little more fancy right from the start?. ;)
Its gets a bit overwhelming really fast doesn't it.
But, not something I'm going to stress over....I have enough other issues for that.

IDK about others, but I wouldn't give efx a "non-refundable" nickel at this point. Can't believe they'd have the nerve to even offer a pre-order.
I hear you, I normally go through Sideshow if I want anything from EFX as I wont buy from them direct. I'm a hard pass on this saber because I have the EFX ROTJ reveal and EE ROTJ Master Replicas club collector's edition on those already. However, this might scratch the itch at a "reasonable" price point if folks are just starting out. Also as hard as this is to believe... they have already have ordered a 1000 of these which are due in by the end of the month. The Edition is set at 1500 but that may be change depending upon how these sell. As it looks like they are returning to the bases everybody liked...... Also it appears the Dark Rey saber is finally weeks away from release.

IMHO EFX dug a pretty big hole starting at the bottom of the Grand Canyon that they are starting to dig themselves out of reputation wise. They finally released the Legend Scout Trooper helmet, they are about to release the Dark Rey saber with a new base.... and now this.... it's finally trending the "Right" direction.

GC

Last edited:
I'll just have to see whats out there. I just figured without sound would be cheaper, but maybe they don't make them without sound?
I also don't need it to be perfect. Enough to know whos saber it is, but if some part is slightly off a little, I probably wouldn't tell, unless really horribly bad.
This also being something in the future...hopefully near future.

Start here. Basically, a ROTJ Luke saber (with the side control box) and a stand included (close enough, but not perfect). On sale down to $125 for Amazon Prime Day. Also a video at the Amazon site link below.
Amazon.com

Damien Sabers has their budget ROTJ Luke for $119; no stand, and does not have the side control box on the saber.
Luke Saber Force FX Heavy Dueling Light Saber Infinite Color Changing with 16 XRGB3.0 Sound Fonts Sensitive Smooth Swing-Damien Technology (Wuhan) Co., Ltd.

Both of the above sabers are base lit (the light is in the handle, with a polycarbonate empty blade) but the lighting is still good. They both include the blade.

You are looking at a jump in price if you want LEDs IN THE BLADE ITSELF. The most common "type" of LED bladed systems you will come across are Neo-Pixel or Xeno-Pixel blades. Has more effects and looks "cooler" and can certainly do more.

If you want a GENERIC, NO SW specific character saber, there are multiple options starting around $75 or so.

Here is the UltraSabers take on Qui-Gon Jinn, at $159 (BTW UltraSabers allows to you to customize and add features you desire):
Qui-Gon Jinn Lightsaber: Consular - UltraSabers® Custom Lightsabers

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back