Chronicle / Efx Mandalorian prop replicas

Its a christmas miracle! 4 tries in and finally a helmet I'm happy with. Now I can also continue my helmet comparisons using this as the base. 2 damaged, one lost and then this. I'm pretty happy with it and greatful for eFX and Chronicle Collectibles for working with me on this. Amy at Chronicle even called me to apologize for the trouble.

xd6y1sFl.jpg

VYbmPxUl.jpg

iW1IlkDl.jpg

5qyixxcl.jpg

lCzKiZsl.jpg

Its a christmas miracle! 4 tries in and finally a helmet I'm happy with. Now I can also continue my helmet comparisons using this as the base. 2 damaged, one lost and then this. I'm pretty happy with it and greatful for eFX and Chronicle Collectibles for working with me on this. Amy at Chronicle even called me to apologize for the trouble.

Good to hear they put some effort in to making things right, and that you have a positive ending!

Thanks everyone, I will say the experience this time around was much better than my Vader legend and limited experience (4 times with the legend dome, 3 times with the LE dome and 1 face replacement/cracked tusk) If efx is in for the long haul, I hope they keep this momentum up.

Wow cool mask! :D (y)
I was thinking on the first look that its something like a skull of a Star Wars-Animal or Alien.Haha...but now I know it.

Well, I finally received my helmet yesterday. EFX still needs to improve its quality control. Let me just say that: My helmet has some really wonky mohawk lines - the left line even vanishes - and a small paint chip next to it...

Since I'm located in Germany myself and bought the helmet from a third party seller in the UK, I cannot even exchange it directly through EFX.

It's quite annoying because for $ 900 I would expect a flawless product.

F2PnX85.jpg

d9XkQbh.jpg

All in all, I had some very bad luck regarding my newest additions.

Anyone see this yet?

Strange looking prototype.

They wrote « Sideshow and EFX are proud to offer the season 2 variant of this now iconic helmet as first seen in Episode 9: The Marshall! » but the paintjob is not really what we see in that chapter imho.

0A51776B-D936-4963-842F-35DDC6AB29A3.jpeg 0D4D8A88-4CEE-4595-9541-880C617277CB.jpeg

And this time the dents are ok from the beginning. ;)

ss.jpg

Could it be that they only repainted all the helmets they got back for this "special edition"?

If we will get a new "limited" Mando helmet with every new season EFXs limitation makes no sense!

Omg :lol:... Now all the defective EFX helmets (dents in the mohawk) are repainted and sold as Season 2 helmets and they are again accurate. Just like with the Scout Trooper helmets, which are suddenly screen accurate since The Mandalorian. Really good upcycling o_O

And this time the dents are ok from the beginning. ;)

View attachment 1367923
Could it be that they only repainted all the helmets they got back for this "special edition"?

If we will get a new "limited" Mando helmet with every new season EFXs limitation makes no sense!
Lol you just never know. I believe the defects occurred towards the ends of the mold life as these were lifted off the prop original and who knows how many molds were needed to create a run of “750”

To me this just appears to be a simple repaint and a larger edition that at this point really does not have my interest. GC

Lol you just never know. I believe the defects occurred towards the ends of the mold life as these were lifted off the prop original and who knows how many molds were needed to create a run of “750”

To me this just appears to be a simple repaint and a larger edition that at this point really does not have my interest. GC
My helmet has Number 478 and has no dents or other defects.But ok...we will never know what helmet was really casted earlyer.They can put the plaques in every helmet they want.And now they release the "Season 2 Super rare Edition"...so they will start at the beginning.:rolleyes::D

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back