Check out my new pilot!

STEVE THE SWEDE

Sr Member
Well, here he is. 1:24 Airfix Harrier pilot body which seems to be the pilot used for the studio model. Scratch built helmet made from miliputt.
Anybody want to take a guess what he's supossed to fly.? One hint, the one provided with this kit is faaaaaaar from studio accurate. ;)

[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/pilot-1.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/pilot-3.jpg[/image]

I hope you like the ugly little bugger.

Steve.

I'd say that's the Red 2 pilot - schweet. :thumbsup :thumbsup Very nice sculpt of the helmet.

If I guessed right do I win a casting of him (or at least his head)?? Pleeaassee :p

Thanks a lot guys. Yeah, Treadwell is right. That's my attempt at a SS X-wing pilot. Well, at least the figure they used in the cockpit of Red-2, not sure what the rest of them had in the driver seats.

Here he is again, right behind he's office desk. :) Stay tuned for more pics of the soon to be finsihed fighter.

[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/pilot-4.jpg[/image]

Cheers,

Steve.

Oh, excellent piece of work, I'd think you had a good few shots of the real deal. Care to talk up the creation a bit? I imagine it was pretty straight-forward, but any stories to tell?

Thanks for sharing this... inspirational little bugger, id'n'e?

Originally posted by Clerval@Mar 25 2006, 11:07 PM
Oh, excellent piece of work, I'd think you had a good few shots of the real deal. Care to talk up the creation a bit? I imagine it was pretty straight-forward, but any stories to tell?

Thanks for sharing this... inspirational little bugger, id'n'e?
[snapback]1213250[/snapback]​

Thanks again all.

Actually there's not that much to say. Yes, I did have some fairly good ref pics of the pilot. Since I never liked the look of the CC Luke figure I decided to try and build one like they really looked in the Studio models instead. It's the first time I've ever sculpted anything so I'm pretty happy with how the helmet turned out.

Steve.

Well sweet first time shot, you should be happy with the helmet. I've seen a few pics around yet never really wanted to jump on this... silly I guess. Though, I've thought of doing one up for a Viper, using the original pilots and their paint schemes for the '78 Galactica fighters.

Matter of fact, I got to talking about the 'screen' or 'scrutiny' reasoning behind certain builds with a friend just today. I think this is just cool and will fill both areas (i.e. it was on screen but veeeeery tiny, and under scrutiny some unaware folks may try to dig at it... 'til you to tell them the cool story behind it)

Great stuff.

Originally posted by BrundelFly@Mar 28 2006, 07:49 PM
Paint him BLACK and he was also used in the TIE.

Nice job.
[snapback]1215003[/snapback]​

Thanks. Yeah, it seems like the Harrier pilot was used in the TIE's too. Although I think the TIE figure used the original Harrier figure head and not the bike helmet styled one showed here.

Steve.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back