Captain Marvel Build - NEMA

nothing massively impressive this eve but I did start roughing out the shoulder parts IMHO they will be fairly difficult due to the lack of flat on references but i'll do my best!!

upload_2018-12-20_0-37-46.png

Really nice print, turned out beautifully. One question, is it the angle of the images or are the bust points a bit low on her?

Really nice print, turned out beautifully. One question, is it the angle of the images or are the bust points a bit low on her?
I think it's just the angle, the center collar piece jabs into your neck as it is right now (as it is not in rubber yet) so it's sitting a little low, also without the lower half it is not sitting perfectly just yet the rubber will give things some scope to flex

in other news I started working on checking the flat star scale by 1:1 printing label paper I sized to about 98.5% to give some wiggle room

if the print and mold flat doesn't work I'll print the curved form and mold that to i suspect some others will want casts of flat stars for display or for their own builds anyway so not much loss!

48398525_2299943186957431_775517806274805760_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.jpg

the lower parts are printing now!

and finished the sculpt on the collar part only a 2 min job tbf!

upload_2018-12-21_23-31-13.png

Last edited:
Well had some great validation today! I ran the 3d part up to gwyn's house for a test fit before we went any further also Paul (Gwyn's Husband) took some pretty shots of the raw 3D Print!!

upload_2018-12-22_23-53-11.png

upload_2018-12-22_23-53-20.png

It fits !!

j_vn0BtPOHzJ_LPzRbWLhEPmCs3sQyv9MRX7VpZGeUq-MVyWqQjOfpoE9nWaN0At570HGHgKA&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.jpg

like a damn glove!!.. a chesticle glove .. they should come up with a name for that* Blove, Gloob.. I'll give it some more thought!

SO excited for the next steps.. tonight I'll do some more work on the Shoulder parts since it is haunting my every minute it's not complete

vxNZU7uApRIsC46hC77HmqWnPhxB2NxnUW5nQ_Om3CSgquLK8iRiQ6ea0s8396yzk5g3zb0MA&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.jpg

*ok ok so I'm sold the word already exists and its "bra"....

I was wondering before .... But she does appear to fill out the piece properly! I bet there's a happy hubby there!
Sweet photos taken too. I like how it looks like it's floating

MOAR printing

I was wondering before .... But she does appear to fill out the piece properly! I bet there's a happy hubby there!
Sweet photos taken too. I like how it looks like it's floating

MOAR printing
absolutely I think we all collectively have no doubts gwyn will pull off the costume great she is very close to Bree's size! so we are super excited to just get on !!

Paul made the floating photo reality and knocked it up in a matter of mins haha he does great work! he's of course all to humble about his work and ability you'll be seeing more of his work as we get nearer completion I'm sure! )Paul Flannigan Photography)

This is absolutely incredible work! can't wait to watch the progress and see the final product, this is gonna be a riot of a cosplay.
thanks Captain!

still a little on holiday mode ATM!

but I decided the shoulder armor wasn't the right shape due to the model pose so I rolled it back and started that part again

upload_2018-12-31_4-7-47.png

much happier with how that sits now vs the previous attempt, also the build is a little neater from a construction aspect

upload_2018-12-31_4-8-54.png

upload_2018-12-31_4-10-15.png

the raised details to be added I'll admit are giving me a little bit of a mental challenge but I'll formulate a strategy to overcome them I'm sure!

upload_2018-12-31_4-22-33.png

Last edited:
Happy New year folks!!

giphy.webp

ok so after the merriment of new year I felt like a little modeling to break in the new year haha

a first pass at the lower arm detail I spent most of my time fudging around trying to assume positions from perspective I'll probably take another pass at it but this will do fine for my first pass while I mull and review further!

upload_2019-1-1_4-31-33.png

Absolutely incredible work so far! Really looking forward to see how this build progresses!
Thanks Capsicle!!

I forgot, Is that a full body scan you're working with?

No, we're using MakeHuman for this one you can put in a tonne of measurements and get something out of it, it's far from perfect but seems to work great for us this far and it's free!: www.makehumancommunity.org

We're also trying the workflow in a situation we couldn't get to someone or were to make something for someone who wasn't physically close I would sure love to work with scan data on a project in the future though! I don't personally have the tech but it's getting more within reach!

this eve I started hashing out the rear neck and spine armor plates thanks to the fantastic ref from bruno at CCXP!
upload_2019-1-2_0-11-57.png

upload_2019-1-2_0-18-5.png

upload_2019-1-2_0-7-38.png

Using Exact Flat i also redrew the collar in flat form (as we will mold in rubber, the original is a 4 part collar not counting the front center and the rear neck/spine plate

however, for ease, I will model this as a single part ... (until my accuracy demons haunt my dreams and I make it the same as the original....

Flat_Neck_Rear.png
Flat_Neck.png

I used these to draw together a single (per side) collar part, it looks a little weird but flat patterns always do I'll print a 0.5mm test (which can still bend even in PLA and check if all is well before I clean it up fully and take it to mold, I'll also extend so we have some length in hand on the mold (and also for anyone who may want a cast in the end for varying neck sizes!)

upload_2019-1-2_0-25-4.png

well more to come tomorrow!

all the best folks thanks for the follows and the support!

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-2_0-24-38.png
    upload_2019-1-2_0-24-38.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 169
thats awesome!

really great info about the model thing, will probably help many other scale their aromor suits etc to fit!!

i was a little shocked when the software meshed in a nipple, but hey whatever works right? hahah

im so glad this is working out for you its a sweet build and i cant wait for it and the movie!

thats awesome!

really great info about the model thing, will probably help many other scale their aromor suits etc to fit!!

i was a little shocked when the software meshed in a nipple, but hey whatever works right? hahah

im so glad this is working out for you its a sweet build and i cant wait for it and the movie!

haha thanks, man! I think make human gets used for a lot of different end apps, animation, clothing, sci-comms, so i gIess it features as much as is needed!

it's a useful app, if you're exporting in OBJ it works really well in F360 without adding too much lag!, were pumped, anxious, nervous all at the same time about getting it done for the film!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back