Captain America helmet, metal strap triangles

SteelCricket

Hello all. So after a lot of work I finished my Captain America Helmet and was successful in making the chin guard and webbing straps out of stainless steel. The chin guard was a bit more time consuming then I thought. But the triangles weren't too bad and really help to add detail to the helmet.

I'm trying to gauge interest to see if there would be enough people looking to buy a pair, and if so I would start making a small batch and see how it goes. I just have one question for the community.

The question is, what size webbing is everyone using? I used 3/4", but the current design would be able handle smaller sizes, but bigger would require me scaling the waterjet file. No big deal and wouldn't make it cost anymore, just need to know if everyone is using a different size then I did, before I go welding things together.

Thank you 20160717_121137.jpg20160717_121112.jpg20160717_121152.jpg20160717_121146.jpg

Hello all. So after a lot of work I finished my Captain America Helmet and was successful in making the chin guard and webbing straps out of stainless steel. The chin guard was a bit more time consuming then I thought. But the triangles weren't too bad and really help to add detail to the helmet.

I'm trying to gauge interest to see if there would be enough people looking to buy a pair, and if so I would start making a small batch and see how it goes. I just have one question for the community.

The question is, what size webbing is everyone using? I used 3/4", but the current design would be able handle smaller sizes, but bigger would require me scaling the waterjet file. No big deal and wouldn't make it cost anymore, just need to know if everyone is using a different size then I did, before I go welding things together.

Thank youView attachment 645780View attachment 645781View attachment 645782View attachment 645783
I know this post was from years ago, but I recently cracked a 3D printed hinge on my replica helmet. If you are selling these today I am definitely interesting in buying a pair. If so, please let me know how I can contact you.

I know this post was from years ago, but I recently cracked a 3D printed hinge on my replica helmet. If you are selling these today I am definitely interesting in buying a pair. If so, please let me know how I can contact you.
I have them up on Shapeways. Left and Right are separate prints so you can get just what you need.

They’re listed as “Captain America Accurate Helmet bracket” and available in plastic and metal.

I have them up on Shapeways. Left and Right are separate prints so you can get just what you need.

They’re listed as “Captain America Accurate Helmet bracket” and available in plastic and metal.
Thanks for this info. I see the items but do they arrive as depicted in the 3D preview? Because it looks like there's nothing to loop the straps through. How do you secure the straps to these? Or should a buyer get 2 of each side and glue them together?

Thank youView attachment 645780View attachment 645781View attachment 645782View attachment 645783
I would be very interested in buying some for the helmet I am making rn

I would be very interested in purchasing a set if you are still willing

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back