Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

Hi, all! Long time admirer of all the posts, collections, ID’s, and all of that jazz. I’ve recently decided to fall into the collection eyewear trap, and over the past couple of weeks have ordered several pairs I’ve come across! To start my collection off I now own the Ballisimo Chief glasses from Ragnarok, the Tom Ford Johnson’s from Endgame, the Gunnar PPK’s from Iron Man 2, and a cheap (yet surprisingly decent quality) replicas of the Civil War Police Neymar Jr,’s. I’m excited about getting into collecting, and am sending my Chief’s and Johnson’s in your Initium to have the custom lenses put in. I figure if I’m going to get into collecting these bad boys, I should get some sort of display/stand for them. Any affordable methods/ideas for me? Any feedback or suggestions would be super helpful!

Please tell me in detail.
Found em on eBay. They come from China, “DUBERY vintage sunglasses”. Come in a plethora of colors, cost me $10. Asked them to send me the correct colored frames with clear lenses (as they don’t offer red ones) so I could do them myself, but they declined. The pair I got arrived in great condition aside from the lenses, which have deep scratches, though they’re half mirrored just like the real deal. Although, I’m planning on making my own lenses by taking bigger clear lenses and sanding them to fit and spraying Krylon stained glass red paint on the bottom halves of the new lenses.

Attachments

• 63B61021-C462-4755-BFDD-09E73B9A4A21.png
    63B61021-C462-4755-BFDD-09E73B9A4A21.png
    708.7 KB · Views: 222
Found em on eBay. They come from China, “DUBERY vintage sunglasses”. Come in a plethora of colors, cost me $10. Asked them to send me the correct colored frames with clear lenses (as they don’t offer red ones) so I could do them myself, but they declined. The pair I got arrived in great condition aside from the lenses, which have deep scratches, though they’re half mirrored just like the real deal. Although, I’m planning on making my own lenses by taking bigger clear lenses and sanding them to fit and spraying Krylon stained glass red paint on the bottom halves of the new lenses.
Thank you. I have it too. But the hinge part is cheap. I plan to customize the hinge, but I also plan to buy the initium police.

Was rewatching endgame for the umpteenth time, and I know they aren’t glasses but still a Tony Stark item that I think we could find. In the scenes where Tony’s looking at the picture of him and Peter, then figuring out time travel and discussing it with Pepper, he’s wearing a grey or blue crewneck shirt/sweater with a sort of hard to see smiley face on it. I couldn’t get any good pics on the internet of it but you can see it in the movie. Has/can anyone ID it?

Attachments

• 0374199A-5B1C-464A-AAA0-E608B0BDF184.png
    0374199A-5B1C-464A-AAA0-E608B0BDF184.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 130
Was rewatching endgame for the umpteenth time, and I know they aren’t glasses but still a Tony Stark item that I think we could find. In the scenes where Tony’s looking at the picture of him and Peter, then figuring out time travel and discussing it with Pepper, he’s wearing a grey or blue crewneck shirt/sweater with a sort of hard to see smiley face on it. I couldn’t get any good pics on the internet of it but you can see it in the movie. Has/can anyone ID it?
I made mine last year with an old washed out navy blue sweatshirt. It's just a standard "winky smiley face".
I used a fat dark blue fabric marker and a plate and small cup as a template. Lol.

20191102_102204.jpg
Not the right exact sweatshirt, but I'm still looking.

Here are some better reference pics + a sort of template image for you to get creative with, hope this helps...
20200731_174913.png 20200731_175017.png 20200731_175306.png

I made mine last year with an old washed out navy blue sweatshirt. It's just a standard "winky smiley face".
I used a fat dark blue fabric marker and a plate and small cup as a template. Lol.

View attachment 1331402
Not the right exact sweatshirt, but I'm still looking.

Here are some better reference pics + a sort of template image for you to get creative with, hope this helps...
View attachment 1331403 View attachment 1331404 View attachment 1331405
Thank you for the references! Perhaps I’ll make one of my own as well until the “Outer Unknown” one (as it was just ID’d) shows up!

I have a question for those who understand.

Which is the light tint, the lens of police of initium or the lens of Tanya?99CF6F50-0B70-4221-90D0-D7021B5F5A6E.jpegAFBB3DF4-D395-43E8-A66E-2F41F5C22958.jpeg

How did you remove the paint?
It is a paint remover. Soak for 2-3 hours to soften.

In the remover softens the paint, scrape slowly with a toothpick to prevent damage to the plating.

The gray parts at the base of the temple are painted somay-q black. Masking is very difficult.

6C4AD9D6-FCB2-459E-B0BA-70778F6643C0.jpeg

Last edited:
Its been a minute for me everyone and this is unrelated to RDJ or Tony Stark ... but I could use your help as I am slightly perplexed.

Looking to figure out which sunglasses these are. They're from the ending of 6 Underground. I want to say they're the Garrett Leight Brooks in Pinewood.

All that being said, wow has there been some progress made in this group since the last time I was here. So cool to see and so glad to be a part of this interesting niche community. thumbs up to all.

Attachments

• 275974-1580812533.jpg
    275974-1580812533.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 149
  • sunglasses-ryan-reynolds-6-underground.jpg
    sunglasses-ryan-reynolds-6-underground.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Its been a minute for me everyone and this is unrelated to RDJ or Tony Stark ... but I could use your help as I am slightly perplexed.

Looking to figure out which sunglasses these are. They're from the ending of 6 Underground. I want to say they're the Garrett Leight Brooks in Pinewood.

All that being said, wow has there been some progress made in this group since the last time I was here. So cool to see and so glad to be a part of this interesting niche community. thumbs up to all.
I think you're right with the Garrett Leight Brooks in pinewood ;)
20200803_092316.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back