Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

Just thought I'd post my custom all in and concept 2 collection i had Jason over and initium make for me.
1b8e6faab896f6f6f6c7d5f5e2083332.jpg
1a09438f7676d33e846565bd55e62463.jpg
844f8418c12ae6bd3ea47482a30531de.jpg
551456a77d59885b80edc0cacf0a4d4e.jpg
4f61470269f7142ec9845ac66d291673.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Man, I LOVE those! Especially the first two pair shown. Excellent.

If anyone is looking for the Gunnar PPK, there's a pair on mercari pretty cheap.

First off, thanks to everyone in this thread for your remarkable detective work. You've saved me so many hours of searching.

I produce internet videos for a living. After falling down the Tony Stark sunglasses rabbit hole I've decided to offset my crippling eyewear debt by producing a short documentary about eyewear in the MCU. I'll be interviewing some of the people who make the stuff (like Jason at Initium, naturally), but I'd also love to get some fan commentary as well. If you have a particularly rare set, a great story, or complete collection, I'd love to hear from you.
You did an amazing job. Very well done and informative. Thank you.

Well I’ve finally been able to hit every post on this thread and I am truly impressed! I’m very excited to have found you all and sincerely look forward to trying to take part and contribute in some way. A lot to try to dissect. A lot to attempt to acquire!

If not improper to inquire, if any of you are aware of any currently available screen accurate (chassis) for the OP Corsair and/or Silhouette TNG, please PM me as it would be greatly appreciated!

Again, thank you all for the education! Looks like it’s back to school for me!!!

Well I’ve finally been able to hit every post on this thread and I am truly impressed! I’m very excited to have found you all and sincerely look forward to trying to take part and contribute in some way. A lot to try to dissect. A lot to attempt to acquire!

If not improper to inquire, if any of you are aware of any currently available screen accurate (chassis) for the OP Corsair and/or Silhouette TNG, please PM me as it would be greatly appreciated!

Again, thank you all for the education! Looks like it’s back to school for me!!!
A good replacement for the corsairs if you're interested is the Oliver peoples kallan they are still in production and look just like the corsairs

A good replacement for the corsairs if you're interested is the Oliver peoples kallan they are still in production and look just like the corsairs

Thanks for reaching out! I’ll definitely take a look at those. Unfortunately, I’m kinda stuck on attempting screen accuracy. But, one never knows. Thanks again.

This just dropped...and it is awesome!!

ok with unforgivable delay I watched this yesterday at last, congratulations! it’s really interesting and entertaining, and I found out I’m in it too, when there’s a screen from the forum!

plus, the new frames jason talks about towards the ending look very promising, I’d like to know something more about those kind of red-grey wayfarer shape he says are in the new disney plus series. I think maybe anthony mackie will be wearing one of them, based on the colors and on the kind of frames he usually wears, we’ll see.

Messaged this before but with no reply!! Anyone know why the lenses on the vid are so light? Are Jason’s a recreation and therefore not perfectly accurate, but these are the exact colour lense that rdj wears?? That’s my assumption anyway

Attachments

• E2809CDE-05CE-4676-BD77-5131E428D35B.png
    E2809CDE-05CE-4676-BD77-5131E428D35B.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 117
Messaged this before but with no reply!! Anyone know why the lenses on the vid are so light? Are Jason’s a recreation and therefore not perfectly accurate, but these are the exact colour lense that rdj wears?? That’s my assumption anyway
It all boils down to lighting and the picture quality from the cameras. Also it can depend on the surface it's being displayed on, usually when these are being displayed they're on a white illuminated background.

well, mine don’t look much darker when not worn, plus I think we have to consider light and color correction and stuff like that. anyway, some minutes before in the video the same frame is shown with solid red lenses, so I don’t know if we are looking at prototypes or whatever

Hey guys! As a newbie to the forum it may not be my place, but I was thinking that due to the current health crisis and social distancing/isolation, it might be kinda fun to try an online film viewing/cocktail party (for those of the appropriate age and inclination).

We could gather interest. Then vote on the movie to “screen” together. Pick a time and video conference in, start movie at same time libations in hand if so inclined. Comment occasionally, joke, smart as, or such as we do when with friends.

As different countries and time zones would need to be addressed we would attempt to pick something as close to convenient for all, as much as possible.

Any interest at all or am I off in left field?! Just trying to think outside the box to hopefully help further the support for one another in this unique community!

Thoughts? And don’t worry about hurting my feelings! Lol.

Oh, and it goes without saying, but as I am new, please feel free to forward to any like minded members that may miss the post for some reason. I’ll gauge interest for maybe a week or so, then if warranted, start trying to lock things down. Thanks guys! And everyone stay safe!

Hey guys! As a newbie to the forum it may not be my place, but I was thinking that due to the current health crisis and social distancing/isolation, it might be kinda fun to try an online film viewing/cocktail party (for those of the appropriate age and inclination).

We could gather interest. Then vote on the movie to “screen” together. Pick a time and video conference in, start movie at same time libations in hand if so inclined. Comment occasionally, joke, smart as, or such as we do when with friends.

As different countries and time zones would need to be addressed we would attempt to pick something as close to convenient for all, as much as possible.

Any interest at all or am I off in left field?! Just trying to think outside the box to hopefully help further the support for one another in this unique community!

Thoughts? And don’t worry about hurting my feelings! Lol.
Actually sounds pretty neat

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back