Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

Can anyone ID these?
Screenshot_20200328-115007_YouTube.jpg

Hey guys! As a newbie to the forum it may not be my place, but I was thinking that due to the current health crisis and social distancing/isolation, it might be kinda fun to try an online film viewing/cocktail party (for those of the appropriate age and inclination).

We could gather interest. Then vote on the movie to “screen” together. Pick a time and video conference in, start movie at same time libations in hand if so inclined. Comment occasionally, joke, smart as, or such as we do when with friends.

As different countries and time zones would need to be addressed we would attempt to pick something as close to convenient for all, as much as possible.

Any interest at all or am I off in left field?! Just trying to think outside the box to hopefully help further the support for one another in this unique community!

Thoughts? And don’t worry about hurting my feelings! Lol.

I like it, sounds like fun!!

Giorgio Armani GA 421/S with color code PJYT6

He wore these a few times back in 2007. Here's a good pic that really shows off the green in the frame from Comic Con 2007.
CC07.jpg

After seeing official shots of the silhouette’s on their website, does anyone else think that the frames are actually gold? Or is it just me

Attachments

• 7EF2A66A-F3AC-48A7-BC80-4E418A2F7234.jpeg
    7EF2A66A-F3AC-48A7-BC80-4E418A2F7234.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 106
Definitely silver, here's a front shot, you can see in the bridge it's just a reflection of the surroundings. This is the same kinda deal as those All-Ins at the senate, if the golds that the frame came in were paler I could see it but the golds offered by Silhouette are very vibrant yellow gold and not a paler shade.

1.jpg

I haven't seen these shots before so good to confirm the actual lens shape (It's just Silhouette's large EQ shape with the bridge mounted lower)

Last edited:
Definitely silver, here's a front shot, you can see in the bridge it's just a reflection of the surroundings. This is the same kinda deal as those All-Ins at the senate, if the golds that the frame came in were paler I could see it but the golds offered by Silhouette are very vibrant yellow gold and not a paler shade.

View attachment 1282006

I haven't seen these shots before so good to confirm the actual lens shape (It's just Silhouette's large EQ shape with the bridge mounted lower)
Yea I agree, they do look silver actually! It is good to have those pictures as reference though...official colour and the shape etc in those

As far as getting them created, du think the lense could be created at a different size (got a big head, haha) or is it just the one size? Anyone get a pay and get to choose these things? Tricky to know what size frame (there’s a few options) and what size lense to go for, if they could be created specifically for someone

Hey guys. Everyone can have the Diors in 53mm.

I heard of people airbrushing tortoise frames into a glossy black top and a matte bottom and airbrushing a frame is $60 tops.
Hi guys,
A bit off topic but has anyone tried to airbrush or die, well to turn tortoise (or blue) Diors in black ? With successful result ?

Also, still unrelated but I had a word with Initium and they told me that they didn't have any manufacturing problem with the LC Red Havana, if like me you were worried about delays since they're probably made in Italy (and that everything has been shut down for weeks there)

Hi guys,
A bit off topic but has anyone tried to airbrush or die, well to turn tortoise (or blue) Diors in black ? With successful result ?

Also, still unrelated but I had a word with Initium and they told me that they didn't have any manufacturing problem with the LC Red Havana, if like me you were worried about delays since they're probably made in Italy (and that everything has been shut down for weeks there)
Has anyone asked Jason if they intend to recreate the British steel in the limited edition striated brown, the ones that were found to be in iron man 2?

They only planned to recreate the BS in black because everyone thought they were black.

Also, pretty sure Jason moved factories to Japan. Someone correct me if If wrong.

As for spray painting Diors, i took them to my local shirt airbrush place and mine turned out pretty good.

They only planned to recreate the BS in black because everyone thought they were black.

Also, pretty sure Jason moved factories to Japan. Someone correct me if If wrong.

As for spray painting Diors, i took them to my local shirt airbrush place and mine turned out pretty good.
I just figured since my tortoise LC were made in Italy it'd be the same but you may be right, mine were probably made years ago.

Could you share some pictures of your Diors if you have them near ? Is the paint holding it well after some time worn ?

Sadly most of my glasses are in storage as my college only gave us a limited amount of time to pack our things. So I really only have my All Ins and Oliver peoples frames.

Im sorry.

Always sorry to bring non Tony Stark/RDJ topics but this is mainly an excuse to show one of my frames.
This is from Ryan Reynolds' instagram story:
723CCD0E-7DC2-4491-983F-BFC5D5212822.png

And he wears Cutler and Gross "Galahad" in Tortoise (MP0847DTO) made for the Kingsman movie and exclusively available on MrPorter:

They were my first luxury frame ever bought after years of ray-bans and the least I can say is that I really love them

Attachments

• 82ED339B-5A47-401C-8293-29489E0A70D6.jpeg
    82ED339B-5A47-401C-8293-29489E0A70D6.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 85
  • E7C77E1E-8BEB-4F53-AE46-DF82E2ED3DE1.jpeg
    E7C77E1E-8BEB-4F53-AE46-DF82E2ED3DE1.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 95

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back