Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

For the ones of you here not ready to spend 500$ on the Flight 006, and who are disappointed by the cheap knock-offs (or for those who'd prefer to keep their pair preciously at home)
Magnoli Clothier just release their version of the Ditas, obviously not perfectly accurate (the rim is black and not smocky blue...), but made out of titanium with the same dimensions as the originals.
Stark Sunglasses by Magnoli Clothiers
1573757465167.png

Hopefully, there's gonna be more pictures soon.

Last edited:
Have the initium 3000s arrived in the USA yet?
It will most likely be a while if Jason hasn’t received them yet, he still has to package all the orders and that’s after it gets through US Customs and Border Control. It will probably be a couple weeks best case scenario.

It will most likely be a while if Jason hasn’t received them yet, he still has to package all the orders and that’s after it gets through US Customs and Border Control. It will probably be a couple weeks best case scenario.
When if the last time someone has contracted Jason to find out?

I spoke with him about two weeks ago and he said December 1st was when they would start shipping. Given this "latest" development, I would be very surprised if we see them this side of 2019 realistically. I'm not entirely thrilled about being $600 AUD out of pocket for so many months and with nothing to show for it. Esepcially with the fact that the only updates we get, are when one of us hounds them for it.

The reasons for the delays that I’ve been given include:

- Hinges weren’t right and needed to be done again.
- Frame size was too big and reduced by a couple mm’s here and there.

What about all those other pre-order "incentives" mentioned in the email that we were supposed to get for pre-ordering the 3000s? Anyone recieved anything to sweeten the pot yet in that regard?

Here are the polaroid’s the change depending on light and background from a grey ship to mirror blue to just light see through blue. They are nice but not sturdy so be careful

Attachments

• 3E232EC2-B30F-457E-8D0A-E0D3AEE2616F.jpeg
    3E232EC2-B30F-457E-8D0A-E0D3AEE2616F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 202
  • 21BACCF3-7F97-418A-AED3-FD9480B1125D.jpeg
    21BACCF3-7F97-418A-AED3-FD9480B1125D.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 211
  • 1E550D73-A72C-41FB-9357-7BCB896C0CAD.jpeg
    1E550D73-A72C-41FB-9357-7BCB896C0CAD.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 208
  • DEADD1FE-56B5-48F8-BB83-4292D2138C5B.jpeg
    DEADD1FE-56B5-48F8-BB83-4292D2138C5B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 150
Here are the polaroid’s the change depending on light and background from a grey ship to mirror blue to just light see through blue. They are nice but not sturdy so be careful
Well that's interesting, it definitely solve the problem. Funny to see how light conditions change that much their appearance

If you remember, I recently tried to get these :
Capture d’écran 2019-09-02 à 18.35.13.png

Some NDG-1 for sure, though, I didn't manage to find some in crystal, so I assume they're champagne.
I just got them from my optician, and the tint is spot on. The look quite yellow over a white surface, but when worn, they're matching with RDJ's ones (I guess if your skin is quite pale, the yellow could show up).
IMG_1127.JPG

They're really cool to wear, what do you think ?

I spoke with him about two weeks ago and he said December 1st was when they would start shipping. Given this "latest" development, I would be very surprised if we see them this side of 2019 realistically. I'm not entirely thrilled about being $600 AUD out of pocket for so many months and with nothing to show for it. Esepcially with the fact that the only updates we get, are when one of us hounds them for it.

The reasons for the delays that I’ve been given include:

- Hinges weren’t right and needed to be done again.
- Frame size was too big and reduced by a couple mm’s here and there.

What about all those other pre-order "incentives" mentioned in the email that we were supposed to get for pre-ordering the 3000s? Anyone recieved anything to sweeten the pot yet in that regard?
I never really noticed before, but it looks like he was right about changing the hinges...
**Apologies for lots of big images**
20191117_080921.png

The current website 3000's have a very "square" metal hinge and are also larger in width and in height, where it meets the plastic frame. It looks slightly bigger than on the originals below...
20191117_080857.png

20191117_081119.png

If you look closely at the pictures, the actual plastic frame where it meets the metal temple arms is also very different.
The originals kinda look like like a "rounded off" finish which seems to slightly misfit (be too big) for the metal arm, whereas on the 3000's, the join between is a tight flush "perfect" fit.
20191117_084209.png

20191117_084027.png

20191117_081034.png

I'm not nitpicking, I know these are only recreations afterall, but for the price, accuracy is paramount.

I'm obviously a big fan of Initium and of the Bromleys, but ultimately, although a sought after and stylish frame, are rather basic looking, in that there is no intricate detailing anywhere, just polycarbonate plastic lens sockets and metal frame.

You might expect more exquisite materials to be added in, like titanium or even glass polarized lenses with anti-scratch treatment etc.
For instance, my Matsudas (M2002s & M3023s) have titanium and hand crafted fine details which seem to justify their price - for which IMHO, is why $359 (full price) is a bit steep for approaching Matsuda and Dita money territory.
According to previous posts, it looks like Magnoli managed to pull off 006 recreations for only $125...the point being, is $359 for recreations on a less detailed frame really warranted? - I know it's the Initium brand that you are paying for, but it's recreations here, not originals.

I'm a collector, so either way I have to have them.

I feel the same way about my Concept 2's, they're great, but for what I paid, the niggle is always there that they aren't Roy Towers.
(Cough, cough, lucky "quick on the draw" Gotmeth366! Lol!).

Hopefully, the delay is justified and the amendments mean the 3000s have the original "loose" frame "rounded off" fit and also the more rounded metal temple with less thickness.

Last edited:
I never really noticed before, but it looks like he was right about changing the hinges...
**Apologies for lots of big images**
View attachment 1084464
The current website 3000's have a very "square" metal hinge and are also larger in width and in height, where it meets the plastic frame. It looks slightly bigger than on the originals below...
View attachment 1084465
View attachment 1084469
If you look closely at the pictures, the actual plastic frame where it meets the metal temple arms is also very different.
The originals kinda look like like a "rounded off" finish which seems to slightly misfit (be too big) for the metal arm, whereas on the 3000's, the join between is a tight flush "perfect" fit.
View attachment 1084466

View attachment 1084467
View attachment 1084468
I'm not nitpicking, I know these are only recreations afterall, but for the price, accuracy is paramount.

I'm obviously a big fan of Initium and of the Bromleys, but ultimately, although a sought after and stylish frame, are rather basic looking, in that there is no intricate detailing anywhere, just polycarbonate plastic lens sockets and metal frame.

You might expect more exquisite materials to be added in, like titanium or even glass polarized lenses with anti-scratch treatment etc.
For instance, my Matsudas (M2002s & M3023s) have titanium and hand crafted fine details which seem to justify their price - for which IMHO, is why $359 (full price) is a bit steep for approaching Matsuda and Dita money territory.
According to previous posts, it looks like Magnoli managed to pull off 006 recreations for only $125...the point being, is $359 for recreations on a less detailed frame really warranted? - I know it's the Initium brand that you are paying for, but it's recreations here, not originals.

I'm a collector, so either way I have to have them.

I feel the same way about my Concept 2's, they're great, but for what I paid, the niggle is always there that they aren't Roy Towers.
(Cough, cough, lucky "quick on the draw" Gotmeth366! Lol!).

Hopefully, the delay is justified and the amendments mean the 3000s have the original "loose" frame "rounded off" fit and also the more rounded metal temple with less thickness.
From what Jason said is that these are prototypes. I haven't asked him about the hinges. Has anyone here mentioned this to him? I can't wait to do a side-by-side comparison of these frames to see how close he got them. He definitely improved the quality when you compare the Concept 2s.

From what Jason said is that these are prototypes. I haven't asked him about the hinges. Has anyone here mentioned this to him? I can't wait to do a side-by-side comparison of these frames to see how close he got them. He definitely improved the quality when you compare the Concept 2s.
The quality of the original Bromleys shouldn't be too hard to improve on.

It'll probably just be the lighting (or my eyes), but the nose bridge in this shot doesn't look straight....
20191119_163933.png

As I mentioned earlier, the plastic hinge socket on the original Bromleys looks far from "laser precise" and flush, giving the originals a somewhat "cheaper" look. Although this isn't ideal, it's what's probably needed IMO to get close to super accurate.
I'm still on the fence too about the amount of top tint on the movie versions (if any).
In the better quality pic, they seem to really lean more towards being clear with nothing but skin tone IMO.
Anyway, I was thinking that wearing burgundy Bromleys or 3000s with clear lenses is probably gonna be a hard look to pull off for everyday outdoors.
Maybe the extra tint will actually help!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back