Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

Hi everyone,
Last night was People's Choice Awards
RDJ11.jpg
See also: RDJ's Insta
He's wearing Polaroid 6093/S in Black or possibly Silver (the bridge is really shiny in some pictures), definitely with custom lenses.
PLD 6093.jpg

PLD 2.jpg

These ones are probably the cheapest RDJ glasses (less than 50$), so probably of poor quality

Hi everyone,
View attachment 1082866
He's wearing Polaroid 6093/S in Black or possibly Silver (the bridge is really shiny in some pictures), definitely with custom lenses.
View attachment 1082877
View attachment 1082878
These ones are probably the cheapest RDJ glasses (less than 50$), so probably of poor quality
Lol i was waiting for you to post that! I was gonna mention it but when i saw polaroid i lost interest lol

I got them on wednesday and they already arrived, I think in the picture he wears the copper lenses that come
with the frame. I liked them as soon as I saw them on instagram, and as one of you guys said they’re oddly affordable to be a rdj frame. they’re a bit different from any other pair of glasses I have, I like them
I knew some of you guys ordered them as soon as I send the link, 24h later and they were out of stock lol
RDJ really influences the sunglasses market

I knew some of you guys ordered them as soon as I send the link, 24h later and they were out of stock lol
RDJ really influences the sunglasses market

they're out of stock? I imagine the folks in the karen walker orders team when they saw the picture of rdj at the awards saying ah **** here we go again

I got them on wednesday and they already arrived, I think in the picture he wears the copper lenses that come
with the frame. I liked them as soon as I saw them on instagram, and as one of you guys said they’re oddly affordable to be a rdj frame. they’re a bit different from any other pair of glasses I have, I like them
Show us a picture :)

Hi everyone,
View attachment 1082866
View attachment 1082877
View attachment 1082878
Great ID'ing!!
I ordered the grey! $48
Looking at the pic from insta, they look like the grey/silver frame, but also, there's a good chance the lenses might be the original stock grey/slight blue flash lenses. It looks like the lenses are stuck/glued onto the frame fronts, as there doesn't appear to be any visible fixings. I think this would make it a bit difficult to do customs.
The grey lenses might just look different (more transparent grey and less reflective) in the actual lighting during the awards.
20191112_071324.png 20191112_103000.png 20191112_102933.png 20191112_083127.png 20191112_162518.png
Product stock images rarely look exactly the same in person, so I'll see when they arrive.
Not exactly what I expected to feel the need to buy, but if they are selling out fast, they might end up discontinued and super rare! - Lol

Last edited:
He seems to favour the rectangle style shape metal frames lately, the Polaroid's do look slightly similar to the already ID'ed Cutler & Gross model: 1308
20191112_074334.png
and Monumental by Karen Walker model: Ali
20191112_074408.png

has anyone previously id'ed this old model from 2015 comicon?

plus: I talked to initium and they said the glasses are shipping from japan to them tomorrow. then there's to wait for the custom, they need to sort the orders, etc... it's going to take a little bit more I'm afraid

Attachments

• Schermata 2019-11-12 alle 09.32.01.png
    Schermata 2019-11-12 alle 09.32.01.png
    416.2 KB · Views: 122
has anyone previously id'ed this old model from 2015 comicon?

plus: I talked to initium and they said the glasses are shipping from japan to them tomorrow. then there's to wait for the custom, they need to sort the orders, etc... it's going to take a little bit more I'm afraid
Not sure, I don't recall them being ID'ed already, as the model doesn't really ring a bell, but they look a lot like Paul Smith Devonshire in matt black (PM8233 1424/6g), but with custom very light purple/pink lenses...you can just make out one of the two Paul Smith "signature" temple dots on the last pic...
20191112_084153.png 20191112_084108.png 20191112_084051.png

Last edited:
If you don't mind standing out and being the centre of attention....
20191112_092953.jpg 20191112_092822.jpg 20191112_093411.png
It's really funny when people comment "WTF are those!! on your glasses, then ask to try them on too!

I have a lot of glasses that people tend to consder weird and I don't care as long as I like them, but maybe these ones are too much even for me :D

I don't even like the frame that much
Haha, yeah, I just got them for a laugh!
They should come with a product warning:

Recommended for indoor use only.
Some confidence required.
For best results, operate under the influence of alcohol.
Wearers may experience mild to intense ridicule.
:D

Not sure, I don't recall them being ID'ed already, as the model doesn't really ring a bell, but they look a lot like Paul Smith Devonshire in matt black (PM8233 1424/6g), but with custom very light purple/pink lenses...you can just make out one of the two Paul Smith "signature" temple dots on the last pic...
View attachment 1083165 View attachment 1083166 View attachment 1083167

thank you so much as usual! I think they might be the prescription version, that comes in plain black. nothing to worry about anyway, if I buy them I'll swap the lenses with some color I'll figure out later

Ok, not to make too much fuss over these Polaroid things!..But, I think there is a slight possibility his stylist may have handed him 2 pairs of the Polaroids, the silver grey frame with grey/ slight blue flash lenses + the black frame with grey lenses.....
The 2 pairs seem to look totally different here IMO....

20191112_163719.png Silver temples - the blue flash on the lenses is noticable, but even more clearly visible here on the 2nd image...
20191112_183054.png

20191112_163302.png or are they black temples?

I can't decide, as the 3rd image is not that clear, plus, the lighting differs a lot between the pics. For the price, in addition to silver, it won't hurt to get the black pair too, just in case!

Last edited:
What sites are u guys ordering the Polaroids from ?
Got mine from ebay on Monday, as soon as Zeingal ID'ed them in his post, looks like it's a 10 day wait on the shipping though.:rolleyes:

It'll be interesting to see the lenses, as if they turn out to be just 1 pair he has with the stock lenses, the range of seemingly different colors of tint with ability to be blue mirrored, then grey transparent again, even in "award ceremony" lighting is something I gotta see in sunglasses for under $50!

Realistically though, the lenses would be blue flash in most light conditions, pointing more towards there being 2 pairs.
A good example is my Silhouette 8141's, which are kind of a standard purple transparent tint in indoor low light, but purple mirrored in bright light and in outdoors sunlight.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back