Calling All Quake Gamers!!

Monster Dave

Sr Member
Hey Guys,

A couple buddies and me started playing Quake again via quakelive.com and it's been an absolute riot to play! It's hard to believe...(wait not it's not)....that Quake is still awesome after all these years!!

So anyway, I started wondering if anyone on the RPF plays. If you do, we should get some RPF Fragg'n going on!! I guarantee a few rockets or rails in your face will put a new spin on our RPF friendships!! LOL!!!

:lol

You know what surprises me is that we used to build PCs around what hardware was needed to play that game...now it's played from a web browser...

...times sure have changed!!

Hey, I still have Quake 1,2,3,4 installed on my gaming rig. Playing Team Fortress 2 mainly now, but I even run a Quake 2 Lithium server still. :)

Tim

I used to play Quake 2 (plus the add-ons Ground Zero and The Recknong), Quake 3 Team Arena (I was quite good with the rail gun) and Quake 4. But I try spending less time on PC now.

We're getting ready to move this next week, but Worm, if you or anyone else are interested in playing Live sometime, I think it'd be a great time!

Do they have the original Team Fortress mod?

As far as I know, there aren't any classic mods available for Quake Live. (Quake Live is basically a web-based variation of Quake 3 Arena). It's a shame too, Quake Rally and Action Quake were soooooo much fun.

I haven't messed with Quake Live in a while, but if anyone wants to add me to their friends list (I'm not even sure if Quake Live has that ability) then go ahead, should be the same username, "aeonpulse". I'll log in and check it out tonight after I get home from work, assuming I'm able to pry myself away from the Diablo 3 beta... :)

As far as I know, there aren't any classic mods available for Quake Live. (Quake Live is basically a web-based variation of Quake 3 Arena). It's a shame too, Quake Rally and Action Quake were soooooo much fun.

I haven't messed with Quake Live in a while, but if anyone wants to add me to their friends list (I'm not even sure if Quake Live has that ability) then go ahead, should be the same username, "aeonpulse". I'll log in and check it out tonight after I get home from work, assuming I'm able to pry myself away from the Diablo 3 beta... :)

Yes you can do that. I'll add you tonight after I get home from the gym.

Even without the mods, it's still a good time, especially since they've given all of the maps a nice updated and refreshed appearance.

Question, why QuakeLive though, why not Q3 installed on PC, I'm assuming no Q3 servers still available?

Tim

I never played using any Q3 servers, I always created my own and played with buddies by hosting games. This is better though for playing with any number of random people and it can be skill matched so that the 'fun' isn't too lopsided.

Ah, too bad. I played the hell out of Loki's Minions and Weapons Factory for Quake 2, and I played a TON of Q1 Team Fortress. Quake 3 I wasn't into because deathmatch bores the hell out of me, and none of my favorite mods transferred over fast enough before I lost interest altogether.

aeonpulse,

I tried to find you last night, but your name didn't come up in the community search.

Hmmm, I didn't get a chance to try logging in last night, I would try searching for the other alias i usually use, "tokyomutiny".

I hope my account wasn't deleted due to inactivity... :confused

EDIT: Crap. I just searched through my e-mail inbox, and noticed I got an e-mail telling me that my account was due to be deleted unless I logged in soon... That e-mail was send August of 2010. :facepalm

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back