Calling All Quake Gamers!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by Monster Dave, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

Hey Guys,

A couple buddies and me started playing Quake again via quakelive.com and it's been an absolute riot to play! It's hard to believe...(wait not it's not)....that Quake is still awesome after all these years!!

So anyway, I started wondering if anyone on the RPF plays. If you do, we should get some RPF Fragg'n going on!! I guarantee a few rockets or rails in your face will put a new spin on our RPF friendships!! LOL!!!

:lol

2. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

3. dropshipbob

dropshipbob Sr Member

I used too, A LOT. But over the past few years my internet connection has become so bad I don't even try.

4. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

You know what surprises me is that we used to build PCs around what hardware was needed to play that game...now it's played from a web browser...

...times sure have changed!!

5. jt001

jt001 Well-Known Member

Amen, brutha Dave!

6. Akira

Akira Active Member

Hey, I still have Quake 1,2,3,4 installed on my gaming rig. Playing Team Fortress 2 mainly now, but I even run a Quake 2 Lithium server still. :)

Tim

7. neosporing

neosporing Sr Member

I've been playing since castle wolfenstien, on the 386 in the early 90's...
    I joined quakelive in jan of 09 ( i can't believe qlive is already 4 years old)

here i am, look me up

8. Conqueror_Worm

Conqueror_Worm Well-Known Member

9. jkno

jkno Master Member

I used to play Quake 2 (plus the add-ons Ground Zero and The Recknong), Quake 3 Team Arena (I was quite good with the rail gun) and Quake 4. But I try spending less time on PC now.

10. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

We're getting ready to move this next week, but Worm, if you or anyone else are interested in playing Live sometime, I think it'd be a great time!

11. Solo4114

Solo4114 Master Member

Do they have the original Team Fortress mod?

12. aeonpulse

aeonpulse Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

As far as I know, there aren't any classic mods available for Quake Live. (Quake Live is basically a web-based variation of Quake 3 Arena). It's a shame too, Quake Rally and Action Quake were soooooo much fun.

I haven't messed with Quake Live in a while, but if anyone wants to add me to their friends list (I'm not even sure if Quake Live has that ability) then go ahead, should be the same username, "aeonpulse". I'll log in and check it out tonight after I get home from work, assuming I'm able to pry myself away from the Diablo 3 beta... :)

13. Akira

Akira Active Member

Question, why QuakeLive though, why not Q3 installed on PC, I'm assuming no Q3 servers still available?

Tim

14. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

Yes you can do that. I'll add you tonight after I get home from the gym.

Even without the mods, it's still a good time, especially since they've given all of the maps a nice updated and refreshed appearance.

15. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

I never played using any Q3 servers, I always created my own and played with buddies by hosting games. This is better though for playing with any number of random people and it can be skill matched so that the 'fun' isn't too lopsided.

16. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

aeonpulse,

I tried to find you last night, but your name didn't come up in the community search.

17. Solo4114

Solo4114 Master Member

Ah, too bad. I played the hell out of Loki's Minions and Weapons Factory for Quake 2, and I played a TON of Q1 Team Fortress. Quake 3 I wasn't into because deathmatch bores the hell out of me, and none of my favorite mods transferred over fast enough before I lost interest altogether.

18. aeonpulse

aeonpulse Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hmmm, I didn't get a chance to try logging in last night, I would try searching for the other alias i usually use, "tokyomutiny".

I hope my account wasn't deleted due to inactivity... :confused

EDIT: Crap. I just searched through my e-mail inbox, and noticed I got an e-mail telling me that my account was due to be deleted unless I logged in soon... That e-mail was send August of 2010. :facepalm

19. Conqueror_Worm

Conqueror_Worm Well-Known Member

Has anyone created an RPF clan yet?

20. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

^That's a great idea!!

21. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

I just tired to create a Clan, but it requires a Premium or Pro membership with Quake Live to create one...

...now I'm no cheapskate, but I'm not one to pay for online gaming...

If anyone wants to add me to a friends list, my Quakelive alias is "AzzKicker79"

22. tim

tim Sr Member

I spent many an hour playing Quake in college...dorm LAN parties FTW!

23. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

I know what you mean - it was my post exam stress reliever! LOL!!