Its pretty difficult to put on. I can't do it myself, I need at least one other person to help me. I've heard that it takes around 40 min to get into the full costume.

I built a stand based on Gordon Tarplay's design:
3Bmzk4xr_o.jpg

The above image does not represent the final finish (Gold Krylon paint + primer just happened to be half the price of the other colors).
I'm currently focused on improving the fit of the leg, so I'm printing a thigh that is 2" shorter (despite being 2" taller than Anthony Daniels) to try and bring the knee joint up to where my own knee is.

thegnome I replaced the neck bolts with neodymium magnets, seems to work really well-
ZlMVZWTV_o.jpg

I would really like to find a way to avoid using bolts in the torso, but I haven't had any ideas yet.

"Trouble with your Droid?"

pw5LLU30_o.jpg

No real updates on the droid, but I moved from San Francisco to London Ontario. I upgraded from a one bedroom apartment, to a three bedroom house, so I have a MUCH bigger work space! I also built a painting/sanding booth in the basement, with ventilation, so I will be able to work through the winter. Spray chrome is now within striking distance, I just need an air compressor...

"Trouble with your Droid?"

pw5LLU30_o.jpg

No real updates on the droid, but I moved from San Francisco to London Ontario. I upgraded from a one bedroom apartment, to a three bedroom house, so I have a MUCH bigger work space! I also built a painting/sanding booth in the basement, with ventilation, so I will be able to work through the winter. Spray chrome is now within striking distance, I just need an air compressor...

This truly amazes me

Don’t know if you’ve looked into it but Alsa Easy Chrome looks pretty good, and they’ve got a brush on version. I’m planning on using it on my 3PO when I get done sanding one day

Not much to report on 3PO (so much sanding), but I did take some time to make a few brass greebles-

wbVQb2SW_o.jpg

Don’t know if you’ve looked into it but Alsa Easy Chrome looks pretty good, and they’ve got a brush on version. I’m planning on using it on my 3PO when I get done sanding one day
I hadn't heard of that one, I'll check it out. My current plan is to do what Gordon Tarpley shows in his videos.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back