Limited Run Buck Rogers Earth Directorate Blaster

JOATRASH FX

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello all,

Hope y’all are safe and healthy out there.

I was asked a while back if I could do some old-style blasters, in part from Buck Rogers, which got me started on a couple! The latest one is the Earth Directorate pistol from Season 1, which this thread is about.

Another RPFer graciously provided me with measurements and photos of a real pistol from the production. Since every screen copy of this blaster is different, each being kinda “cobbled together”, I decided to go for an accurate, but stylized, version. That is to say I would not model in asymmetry or “wonkiness”. The final version would be “factory new” as if the prop had been made today, or as we imagined that it actually looked.

Some details:
  • Printed on a professional machine, out of high-grade resins.
  • Easy to assemble- the main parts just slot together.
  • Hollow to allow for electronics and there is plenty of room inside it. There are small discrete holes to let sound out if you want to add a speaker.
  • The emitter is clear- make it frosted like on the show or crystal clear with a gloss coat.
  • Battery plate holes can be tapped for M4 or nearest Imperial equivalent.
Comes with the parts shown (Bren Ten not included haha):

1599693581838.png

1599693616170.png

1599693630890.png

1599693643233.png

The print shown is directly off the printer, post-cured and cleaned of supports. (I remove most supports before shipping.)

I don’t anticipate making a lot of these and it’s a monster to print- 2 full build platforms, each taking the better part of a day, not including post-processing! I tried to keep the cost down, but it’s big and I didn’t want to skimp and make the walls too thin.

Cost for a kit is $425 shipped anywhere. Count on them taking a couple weeks to print, then any number of weeks to ship (it's been all over... generally between 2-10 due to the virus situation).

PM me if you want one, please and thank you, bidibidibidibidi!

(And if this works out well, I might do Hawk's blaster too. )

Put 'er there, Buck my ol' pal.

I'm almost done printing the current list of signups. These days, I don't always keep resin in the printer since the clock is always ticking on how long the resin tray lasts, so if someone wants one of these in a timely fashion, speak up ASAP!

Buck Rogers 3.5 x 2.5 plaque and MR Style stand for Gil Gerard Autograph:
Hi, In anticipation for our Buck Rogers Earth Directorate blasters to be completed, I decided that it would be nice to have a plaque and signature of Gil Gerard to accompany my blaster for display. So, I did some online research and located Gil Gerard in Carrollton Georgia USA and discovered he was still signing send in items for $40.00 each. <see send in details below> I just received mine back from him and I think it turned out great. (see photos below) I thought maybe some of you might be interested in having the same for your blaster. Therefore, I contacted "JOATRASH FX" to see if it was ok if I posted this on this thread and he said yes. So, if any of you are interested in a plaque and stand then please send me a DM. I will collect payments up until October 30th before having the plaques printed. Then once when they are printed which only takes about a week. I will mail them out to everyone. PLEASE NOTE: I WILL NOT BE SENDING THEM TO GIL GERARD TO BE SIGNED FOR YOU. I have included all of the information below you will need to do it yourself. I mailed mine to him on September 21st and received it back on October 6th. If you want me to make a change to the plaque in the photo below include it in the DM. I am willing to make minor changes if the rest of the group agrees.

Plaque Price = $30.00
Stand Price = $15.00
======================
Total Price = $45.00 (Signature NOT included)

THIS PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING. THE BUYER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR SHIPPING. Therefore please DM me your address before sending payment.

Gil Gerard Item Send In Autograph and Mailing Instructions:
http://www.gilgerard.com/GilGerard.com/Photos.html

Please DM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks!
Andy (enaSwede)

02.jpg

03.jpg

01.jpg

And with that I can tell y'all that the blasters are all packed. Just need to add address labels and get them to the post office!

That looks great! Just recently got a 3D printer, and found site selling models of so far 3 of the guns from the show.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back