Interest Buck Rogers promo poster blaster

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
If there is enough interest, I'm going to go old school on this.
Please see attached pictures. The promo posters that came out for the Buck Rogers in the 25th Century in the 80's features the blaster from Man From Uncle from Ideal back in the 60's. You just need a clear acrylic tip and your done. So my plan is this:

1. Make a rubber mold of this gun
2. Cast these in black resin
3. This will come to you fully intact so that you can make the Man From Uncle gun or the Buck Rogers gun
4. This will come to you NOT cleaned up, straight out of the mold
5. This will come to you with an acrylic tip (for the BR conversion
6. This will come to you with a Man From Uncle decal if you want this gun

Like I said, this will be an old school kit. You should be able to finish whichever gun you want in less than 24 hours...or MUCH less.
Here's the punch line. These will be done quick and dirty and as a result, my goal is to make these as cheap as possible. I'm going to try to get these down to about 75.00 SHIPPED in the US for each one, but that's just a preliminary estimate. I have not sourced the acrylic tips yet. Please remember, I will not make any money from these. This is just for fun. I make a decent living :)

Attachments

• Buck blaster.jpg
    Buck blaster.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 153
  • close.jpg
    close.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 153
  • Man From Uncle gun.jpg
    Man From Uncle gun.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 142
If you want it to come out like my version in the first picture you will need to make a few modifications.

Sealing the original is essential to a good mold.

My original was already a broken, used, toy. So I had no regrets about modifying it. Modifying it may require more work than you anticipate.

Price it accordingly.

Last edited:
Very cool to do this, I was able to find an original in package years ago and thought about doing this but never followed through. Love this design so much better than what they went with. Good luck!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back