BTTF Futaba Delorean Remote Project

... On the remote with the switch, look at the top corners of the piece of metal the 3 digit display is attached to. The corners are very slightly rounded. ...

Yes, you're right. And look at the three lower screws, which are used to attach the metal plate. In different scenes the screw slots are showing into different directions. (I made the first screen grab brighter and marked the screw slots.)

attachment.php

From screen caps I have determined that the switches on the top left are not removed on the screen used remote, only the top left knob. The metal plate for the display was cut to fit around it, and the switches are hidden behind the plate. So I will put those back on my green remote.

I have rewatched the mall scene several times and I have decided that this remote has to have working sound effects. How difficult would it be to include sound effects and have them controlled by the same switches as the stop light and the display?

(I don't want the actual Futaba remote to be functional at all. My plan is for all of the electronics to be controlled by the switches on the back enclosure.)

I am watching this with interest as well. Thank you for sharing the info you have so far, I have already picked up quite a few tips. Where did you find the right label maker, and the right labels?

Is the 3/8 Dymo gloss Red the correct tape?

Last edited:
I am watching this with interest as well. Thank you for sharing the info you have so far, I have already picked up quite a few tips. Where did you find the right label maker, and the right labels?

Is the 3/8 Dymo gloss Red the correct tape?

The label maker is a Rotex 880. They are no longer made but you can still find them listed on eBay. I got mine for $12. You have to adjust the tape after each letter to get the correct spacing. The tape is 1/2" red Rotex.

The label maker is a Rotex 880. They are no longer made but you can still find them listed on eBay. I got mine for $12. You have to adjust the tape after each letter to get the correct spacing. The tape is 1/2" red Rotex.

Thanks Daniel. I will keep looking. If you decide to offer a run of labels let me know!

Thanks Daniel. I will keep looking. If you decide to offer a run of labels let me know!

If I can get a couple more rolls of the 1/2" red tape I will send you some if you can cover the postage. It shouldn't be much.

I just ordered 2 of the Unibox 140s for the back. They don't have this model available in gray right now, so I got 2 black ones and I'm going to paint them.

If I can get a couple more rolls of the 1/2" red tape I will send you some if you can cover the postage. It shouldn't be much.

That would be great. After you told me what tape to get I ordered some from ebay. The 12mm Red, so if that is the right one, and you are not in a hurry for more tape, I can send you a few rolls to say thanks and to print my set out of. It would save me looking for one of the 880 label makers too.

My green PCM, FP-T8SGA-P Futaba remote should hopefully arrive tomorrow!!!!:thumbsup
You were able to get your hands on a green one? Where did you get it, if I can ask? I have a red on it's way, but hope to get my hands on a green one some day.

You were able to get your hands on a green one? Where did you get it, if I can ask? I have a red on it's way, but hope to get my hands on a green one some day.

There's a green label FP-T8SGH-P listed on eBay now.

That would be great. After you told me what tape to get I ordered some from ebay. The 12mm Red, so if that is the right one, and you are not in a hurry for more tape, I can send you a few rolls to say thanks and to print my set out of. It would save me looking for one of the 880 label makers too.

Sounds good. I will PM my address.

If anyone else needs the labels I will send you a couple of sets if you pay the postage.

Sounds good. I will PM my address.

If anyone else needs the labels I will send you a couple of sets if you pay the postage.

I will probably take you up on that. I have an 880 Rotex, but I haven't found any 1/2" red Rotex label tape...

TomVJD: I bought it from the same seller who has the green H model on ebay (previously mentioned above), but I didn't buy it from him through flea-bay.
It arrived today!!!!

-Alex

That's a FP-T8SGH-P GREEN PCM which is the wrong model and it also has the control knobs on top which are innacurate :unsure

-Mike

My remotes are both FP-T8SGH-P also. I haven't been able to find a FP-T8SGA-P, so I am going to remove the knobs from mine and fill in the top plate. The FP-T8SGA-P has a label that covers the same spot where the knobs are located on the T8SGH-P, so it won't even have to be painted.

Last edited:
That's a FP-T8SGH-P GREEN PCM which is the wrong model and it also has the control knobs on top which are innacurate :unsure

-Mike

All I could think of while reading this post was a guy with nerd glasses pushing them up by the nose bridge as he said this.

Gotta love us BTTF freaks. :lol

Here is a vector PDF of the Green PCM label for the FP-T8SGA-P. All the text and lines that are white here should be silver on the actual label.

996fc193.png

Last edited:
TomVJD: I bought it from the same seller who has the green H model on ebay (previously mentioned above), but I didn't buy it from him through flea-bay.
It arrived today!!!!

-Alex
He has quite some of these it seems. I bought the red A-version from him... I prefer the red A than the green H version, BTW. Much easier to just make the red letters green, than to change the model text. Didn't notice that there were differences in the knobs, though...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back