Browning M2HB, M2A1, M3 & AN/M2 machine gun 3D printed - Terminator RSB-80?

One of the members on Cults3D who downloaded my M2HB wanted me to make a Mk93 Cradle. At the time, I thought it was a bit beyond my abilities, however I managed to get some good pictures to work from so I'm going to attempt it.

The real one.
M93 Mount.jpg

My work so far.

Mk93.JPG

I'm going to beef up the thickness of the plates, so they will support the M2 as well as a 50 cal ammo can.

I'm still printing out the ammo chute. Each segment takes about 2.2 hours. Coming along well.

TazMan2000

Have any of your customers purchased one to build a Rat Patrol Jeep?

That would be awesome.

Superb work! I would think film industry prop firms would be very interested in your products.

Have any of your customers purchased one to build a Rat Patrol Jeep?

That would be awesome.

Superb work! I would think film industry prop firms would be very interested in your products.

Thanks. At least one. I've asked that they would send me pics of their work afterward, but as of yet I haven't received it. There was one guy that wanted my ANM3 to fit into European a cold war fighter aircraft, but the tolerances would have to be perfect, and with mine I had to make a few allowances to be printed in PLA so I couldn't guarantee a perfect fit.

TazMan2000

Which one do I order if I want the Terminator version?

There were both versions in Terminator. The M2HB and the ANM2. The one Franco Columbu carried was the ANM2, as was the one mounted on the vehicles.

You're the first who wanted this, so I have to tweak the exterior barrel shroud to ensure it fits over the barrel. The one that I made in post #17 was a test file. It shouldn't be to much work. Which one are you planning on building? You should have an FDM printer with a 12" bed.

TazMan2000

There were both versions in Terminator. The M2HB and the ANM2. The one Franco Columbu carried was the ANM2, as was the one mounted on the vehicles.
You're the first who wanted this, so I have to tweak the exterior barrel shroud to ensure it fits over the barrel. The one that I made in post #17 was a test file. It shouldn't be to much work. Which one are you planning on building? You should have an FDM printer with a 12" bed.
TazMan2000

TazMan2000

I’ve got a Cr10s. Definitely interested in the ANM2 - the one Frank was carrying.

I’ve got a Cr10s. Definitely interested in the ANM2 - the one Frank was carrying.

Come to think of it, it may not be the ANM2. If you look on page one of this thread, you will see a partially built M2HB pointed to the sky. I wonder if they used that, and just removed the barrel support.
Let me finish the outer shroud this weekend and I will verify the shroud lengths when I cross reference them to the pictures.

TazMan2000

OK, I went through the initial battle scenes in The Terminator almost frame by frame, and I'm still not 100 percent sure about the RSB-80. In one scene they depict the weapon on top of a SUV.

Capture4.JPG
Capture3.JPG

In the photos above I don't see much texture for the barrel support, but in the Franco scene below, the holes in the barrel support are evident.
Definitely a M2HB

Capture.JPG

Also, the length of the barrel was longer than I initially thought, so I'm thinking that they just slipped a stylized outer jacket over top.

term-gun-cap4.jpg

Again, initially I thought that they held the weapon upside down and put the charging plate and handle on the opposite side, but with a hectic shooting schedule, that would be unlikely. The armourers probably just rotated the charging handle downwards. Also, the spade grip in the back looks like it was taken off, reversed, and mounted only on the right side so it probably didn't jab Franco in the abdomen.

I'm pretty certain that the weapon in one of the first scenes was the one Franco used.

M2HB.jpg

The Terminator fandom page has this graphic for the RSB-80 and I'm thinking its reasonably accurate for the general layout. I believe its from a computer game. Below the top cove is removed and a "plasma" magazine or power supply is inserted on top.

rsb80.jpg

However, each time I look at the photos, I see something different. I'm not certain if it is an issue with the screen frames being converted into digital format, or the actual lines of the weapon being illuminated with the flashes and lighting.
But I might as well make a decision on which way to go.
If anyone has another opinion, feel free to mention it. Based on a new outlook on this, I'm going to slightly redesign the shroud.

TazMan2000

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Also, I will make the shroud removable, so you can either display it as a Tomorrow War M2HB or a Terminator RSB-980 and switch between in seconds.

TazMan2000

OK. The old one I designed was just a test for discussion. After looking at the screengrabs more in detail, There are only 2 sets of slots in the shroud and they are not four slots for each set, there are only three spaced 120 degrees apart. I also put in locater hole marks so you can insert pins into the ends, and ensure that the alignment will be just about perfect. Each piece is no longer than 237mm so it will fit on a CR-10S no problem. I have that exact same model too.

RSB-80.JPG

RSB-80-1.JPG

TazMan2000

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back