Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien)

I'm quite chuffed! :) I do need to get the plastic to suck right into the undercut somehow though? maybe a row of tiny holes right in the corners of the undercuts?? :unsure: I also want to shave a little off at the front either side, its just a bit too bulbous.

I'm much happier with it :) It was worth the extra effort :)

Thanks again for your help Bruce :)

It looks unbelievable! I agree on shaving off a bit on the sides too so its less bubbly. I am so happy I never purchased an alien for my collection. Easily one of my favorite monsters of all time and I refuse to add an inaccurate piece to my collection. This is *the one*!!!!!! I will be honored if given the opportunity to add one of these to my collection!

Yes perhaps a series of tiny holes about an inch apart all the way round will help suck it in a little more Leigh,i was just concerned before about if we could release the "pull" from the pattern but I still think it will not be an issue even with the holes drilled :)

Wauw, just wauw.. :eek:

The dome looks great, such a vital part of the overall design. So amazing to finally see it on there. The profile is spot on.

Looking forward to see your adjustments to it, but holy moly it’s looking great!!!

..“The perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility”..

Would it be safe to say that 2019 is the year we’ll finally see Bob finished?.. :)

E4E3521E-B9F1-4556-A596-68F4168DAB40.jpeg

Hey Leigh do I need to light that rocket up again ?lol.I got my commission so will be bothering you more for info.
Hope you both are well

Happy New Year Folks :)

I look forward to catching up Bruce :) I've got lots done, just a couple of things to do & then I just have a stack of mould making to get on with... but, I do have other priorities coming up which will need my full attention.

I'll update with images soon :)

Here's that rocket Bruce was talking about :)

View attachment 963163

View attachment 963164

View attachment 963355

Just a test fitting for the moment, I dusted the inside with talc.
I'm going to need to make some adjustments to the pattern.

Can you spot any other change's?

:)
Wooooooowwww Leigh, fantastic!!!!!

I do not understand why the RPF system has not warned me of progress !!! I noticed it by chance. I, for my taste, I would do a little less smoked and, before doing internally, I would do an external opacification through opaque transparent paint, because the glare of the light prevents to appreciate the skull in transparency. This happened on mine. But again, a matter of taste. Really came well !!!

This is hands down the best sculpt in this size i have ever seen!
I own the kotobukiya Big Chap and i love the sculpt. I always wished for a 1:1 bust with this accuracy your sculpt has. Giger would be really proud.
What a gift it would be if you finish "Bob" at the 40th anniversary year of the masterpiece ALIEN?
This is gorgeous! Really looking forward to this. Can't wait to see this finished ^^

Wow, thats probably the best looking head sculpt out there, great work. love the kotobukiya alien and this even looks better in full size.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back