Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien)

Re: Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien) Its back on!

Thrilling.:) Yours, is true love for the technique! :loveYou drown the fibers in the resin inside those little walls?

Well wetted out :)
854.jpg

855.jpg

:)

Last edited:

Thanks Guy's :)

I done the last bit of FG this morning & I'm leaving it to fully cure for the rest of the day. It doesn't look much different so no pic :)
I'm getting my Hallway floor sanded & sealed tomorrow so there won't be any progress on Bob tomorrow.

On Tuesday I should (fingers crossed) be able to run the first cast out of this mould :D

I'm looking forward to putting this one behind me & moving on to the base. The base will be a different process to the last moulds as it'll be used differently :)

I must be getting impatient.....
860.jpg

861.jpg

862.jpg

863.jpg

864.jpg

865.jpg

Its not 100% but I'm happy :D
I'm happy with the colour :) I did this cast in one 3ltr pour, in future I'll have to do it in two pours of 1.5ltrs each. It leaked either side of the neck so I'll need to investigate why it leaked & I need to use all the bolt holes! :$ not every other one:facepalm

For a first cast I'm pleased :)

Last edited:

an absolutely great pro mold! I just have experiences with "as cheap as possible" molds out of plaster and with lots of plaster mixes into the silicone too, and of course these normally are just needed for one or maybe 10 casts. but your mold is nearly industrial. AND, ... I already said it... your alien bust may be the most correct one ever! even the original ones are not as good as this one, because of the bad condition they are today. thumbs up!!!

THAT is a first cast? Holy ****! Seriously? Can you get anymore awesome?

I'd really love to own one, but I sadly don't have the room.

I don't really have the room but I'm still gonna put my name down! Just fantastic stuff, Leigh!

Looking amazing, Leigh, you are inhuman. A friend built a rotocaster for me out of wood... never used it lol

Last edited:

That's gotta feel pretty darn good. Nicely done. Looks amazing.
Leaks happen, sure more bolts might help....but if needed you could always fill it with expanding polyfoam.
I'm quite impressed with this entire build.

David

Oh yeah, a beautiful one.
Following this thread since day 1, I couldn't expect better than this.
Congrats Leigh. It's already awesome and count me in for one copy.
I'll put my name on this, no hesitation.
:)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back