Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien)

Re: Bob the Alien (Giger Alien)

Thought it was about time I updated this.

I havent been putting the time into this lately, other things getting in the way but I've been working on the pipes & spines on the top of his head & I even bought a set of tools to help doing the spines.

The spines are rough atm I need to smooth them out & texture them & I still have more to make on one side but its comming along slowly.

Heres some pic's:
130.jpg

129.jpg

131.jpg

Last edited:

Looking good Leigh the skull, face and teeth are just spot on you got to finish this project.

those spines really make this guy a lot meaner looking! the reshaped skull is really coming along great too.

This looks almost more terrifying in the build stages than in its finished form. amazing work!

Thanks guys :)

I will finnish it, it just seems to be taking forever to get there. I definately should have chosen a smaller first project :unsure
I'm keeping the skull part as is, I've become kind of fond of his face how it is now.
Its suprising but yeh the spines do make a big difference to his overall look, it caught me out a little at first.
Heres a side on pic:
128.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys :)

Little update: I've finally got the spines to a state I'm happy with texture n all.

I've made them a little smaller & given them some more shape:
135.jpg

134.jpg

136.jpg

137.jpg

I'm now thinking about the tubes that run under the cheeks, to me they need bringing out a wee bit as I think they hug the sides of the jaw too closely & I'm also thinking about altering the teeth in the top jaw. The teeth will look better with only two larger fangs either side...maybe?? Your thoughts on this? :)

I expect there will be other small changes before I'm completely happy.

Last edited:
This is looking fantastic!

I can see this turning into another "Yoda" sculpt..... You will always see improvement...:D

To the rest of us it is simply outstanding.:thumbsup

Seconded. Actually, I would have posted something about the size of the spines, but have been distracted lately and you caught it anyway. You have a good eye.

Regarding the teeth, I'm gonna kind of say the opposite. You may hate me for this...sorry in advance but I think they should *all* be *larger*. The lower incisors need to be something like half the height of the chin, for example. I know that'd mean a new mould, and it looks GREAT as is, but I wouldn't reduce the teeth you have.

Seconded. Actually, I would have posted something about the size of the spines, but have been distracted lately and you caught it anyway. You have a good eye.

Regarding the teeth, I'm gonna kind of say the opposite. You may hate me for this...sorry in advance but I think they should *all* be *larger*. The lower incisors need to be something like half the height of the chin, for example. I know that'd mean a new mould, and it looks GREAT as is, but I wouldn't reduce the teeth you have.

I dont hate ya :) constructive critisism's all good with me.
I know what your saying with regards to the front teeth but they are deliberatly smaller. The teeth on the original is the only bit I never really liked, I personaly always thought they looked a bit too big & they dont mesh properly. I know its not film accurate & I have gone to alot of trouble else where with accuracy but I do want to keep the front teeth smaller & still try to make him look right if you get me :)
Looking at Giger's paintings of other creatures etc his teeth are always very tidy, nicely gapped & look right size wise. I have wondered if the teeth on the original Alien are one of the things he would have changed if he'd had more time, freedom, etc??

I'm only thinking about making the fangs a little fatter really, more as they were early on.

As it happens though, I will be doing some minor changes to the bottom jaw & recasting it, the mould for the bottom jaw wont be ideal as it is for a run of these & I have to bring the sides of the jaw out a bit to fit the pipes under the cheeks when I move them out. So I may increase the size of the teeth a little but they wont be quite the same as the original.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back