Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien)

Being an avid alien fan myself, I have to say that this is coming out amazing! Great work.

And I couldn't agree with Abby more, Bob is a fantastic name for this project, as well as for the reasoning behind it.

Thanks you guys :)

After I submited the last post I was looking at the pics & thought theres still room for improvement. So I added a bit more to the curve above the forehead, softened the outside corners of the brow & shaped the areas flowing from the sides of the nose into the eye sockets & then smoothed it all off ready for a texture. Hardly shows in the pics though:
192.jpg

194.jpg

Last edited:
I took Nwerke's advise & re-shaped the fore head, brow, nose, eye sockets & I took a file to he's top front teeth. I'm really happy I did aswell :)

Holy cow, I don't remember listing all those areas, lol...but wow! The teeth - yeah, that really matches the ref now, just that had me literally sitting up straight for a better look.

I wish my first sculpt had been this good. In fact I wish my first sculpt was even finished, lol. (It's a 1:1 A L I E N chestburster btw.)

With each revision it takes one step closer to ultimacy.

Is 'ultimacy' a word? IT IS NOW!!! :lol

"Quoted For Truth" - acronym, meant to jestingly indicate the previous remark is supported/emphasised/seconded by the poster.

Holy cow, I don't remember listing all those areas, lol...but wow! The teeth - yeah, that really matches the ref now, just that had me literally sitting up straight for a better look.

I wish my first sculpt had been this good. In fact I wish my first sculpt was even finished, lol. (It's a 1:1 A L I E N chestburster btw.)

"Quoted For Truth" - acronym, meant to jestingly indicate the previous remark is supported/emphasised/seconded by the poster.

You didnt list all those bits but I had to alter all those bits to get the sockets looking how they do :) I'm really pleased with him now :)

I'd love to see your Chestburster got any pics??

Thanks for the tip on the acronym :thumbsup

Everytime I look at your project I'm blown away !!! It is truly fantastic, the best alien head replica ever !!!

Thanks man :)

For a first timer it's unvelievable, I'd fail sculpting a barbapapa ;-)

Thanks again for all the support & help, Bob would'nt look like he does without the help I've recieved from everybody here :)

Bob- a couple responses ago you said that you were going to be doing the tendons and lips out of a clear rubberized material. In the original movie they actually used condoms to simulate 'tendons' along the mouth. It could work again ;)

Bob- a couple responses ago you said that you were going to be doing the tendons and lips out of a clear rubberized material. In the original movie they actually used condoms to simulate 'tendons' along the mouth. It could work again ;)

It would work again I'm sure :) Heres my thinking atm:
There seem to be 2 visually different versions of the original 79 Alien head.
The original sculpt by H R Giger with what appears to be sculpted lips & not many tendons & theres the Rambaldi version (mechanised) used for close up shots.
The Rambaldi version had a lot of the original shape cut away to fit the mechanics in & it looks as if the detail from the original was replaced in latex they also gave it the clear lips & extra tendons using as you say condoms.
What I'm aiming to achieve is a mix of the two, the other advantage is if I can sculpt a convincing set that look right I'll mould them.
By moulding them I can make more than one set & I can experiment if I need to with different rubbers.

I hope that reads OK :)

It reads perfect and I think it's great that you are making this your own! It has come along great and I can't wait to see it continue!

Great job!

Considering all the time and details you have put into this great build, I was wondering when you get to the tendons and lips are going to articulate that whole area, jaw included, or keep the jaw slightly open to expose the "tongue"?

She is definitely correct. I looked through my Alien art books and making of's, but the problem I see with using latex is the fact that after a while, latex tends to get brittle and rot.
My suggestion is to get a mica board and thinly spread clear silicone using a brush to shape it. Once you get the desired shape, let it dry, peel it off the mica and trim if necessary. If it works to your satisfaction, you should be able to mold it with no problems at all.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back