Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien)

Right, not much of an update I'm afraid.

I've repositioned the join between the head & the neck in an attempt to disguise the line within the neck detail:
179.jpg

180.jpg

I cut the top of the neck off & glued it to the underside of the head, then blended in with clay, thats the new separation line.

Now a slight change of direction, I'm thinking about changing the large convoluted pipes on the sides of the head.
At present they have only 13 ribs each side, there should be 16 & they could do with being repositioned.
The thing thats holding me back is the cost. The pipe I bought thats on there now is the wrong size (my mistake :rolleyes) & it costs roughly £30 a meter. To replace it will cost another £30, thats alot of money to me in my current situation.

My question is: Do you guys think its worth it??????

TBH it will probably bother the hell out of me in the long run if I dont change it but I could do with a little feedback with this particular issue.

Last edited:
You are like me in that regard.......just buy it, because you will spend countless moments with pains of regret until you just break down and fix it. LOL. Save yourself the anguish.

Dave :)

You are like me in that regard.......just buy it, because you will spend countless moments with pains of regret until you just break down and fix it. LOL. Save yourself the anguish.

Dave :)

Your absolutely right Dave, TBH I've been battling with this little issue for a while already. I also need to replace the little pipe under it that comes out of the syphon pump for a bigger one. Got lots of little changes to make on the rear half of the head. I'll have to start saving. Thanks :) :thumbsup

Unbelievable! Can't wait to see this finished!

Robert:)

Thanks :) Neither can I TBH, I'm looking forward to making the lips & tendons & seeing it in the right colours but I'm nervous about the moulding/casting side of things :eek

The fact you've been contemplating this is evidence you need to go ahead and replace them. One can clearly see with every update how passionate you are in regards to this sculpt. You will not be satisfied until you implement the changes.

The fact you've been contemplating this is evidence you need to go ahead and replace them. One can clearly see with every update how passionate you are in regards to this sculpt. You will not be satisfied until you implement the changes.

Thank you :) I'll have to order the pipe & I'll get the stuff for the throat area while I'm at it. It'll be a few days though untill I can order them :cry so frustrating I want to get on with it :angry still....that update should be a bit more interesting :)

Thanks again for the feedback folks :)

Hi Leigh,

It's looking amazing and tbh the 13 ribs do not bug me at all but I know how it'll bug YOU in the end so getting the new ones was the right decision! Otherwise you'd think of this everytime you look at it.

Leigh I didn't want to bug you on that one but I'm glad you pulled the pin.

Mate I will buy you the pipe. Just shoot me the details.

Looks awesome. Very close to the original. I;d be proud to have that... Great job

Thanks you :)

Hi Leigh,

It's looking amazing and tbh the 13 ribs do not bug me at all but I know how it'll bug YOU in the end so getting the new ones was the right decision! Otherwise you'd think of this everytime you look at it.

Thanks, They'll get changed for sure :)

Leigh I didn't want to bug you on that one but I'm glad you pulled the pin.

Mate I will buy you the pipe. Just shoot me the details.

:D is there anything else youve been holding back on?? I'd rather you said :)
As for the offer, thats very generous thank you :) but I cant take you up on that I'm afraid :) they'll be here soon :)

It's NP, man. It's not that I'm rich or anything but if things go well then some time next year I will be debt-free. I get a ton of enjoyment out of this forum and where someone's working on something this good that's so up my alley too, I get the urge to help out! LMK if there's anything I can do. Very happy to discuss mouldmaking in as much detail as you can stand, when you get to that stage. :)

It's NP, man. It's not that I'm rich or anything but if things go well then some time next year I will be debt-free. I get a ton of enjoyment out of this forum and where someone's working on something this good that's so up my alley too, I get the urge to help out! LMK if there's anything I can do. Very happy to discuss mouldmaking in as much detail as you can stand, when you get to that stage. :)

The world would be a much better place if more were like you!! Thanks :) I'll be in touch for sure.
Just let me know if you see me doing it wrong :D

:) will do

Oh and no nothing sticks out like dog's ***** at the mo. The chin is still a bit bigger in relation to the teeth I guess but we've already discussed that...or were you in denial again? :)

I am intending to reshape the chin a little, making it a little flatter & giving him a slight dimple. I am still giving him the personal touch.
lets face it he's never going to be exactly the same as the original but hopefully a good representation. At the end of the day I dont want to sit there picking holes in him when he's all finished either but bear in mind I am new to all this & theres a limit to what I'm able to achieve with the lack of experience etc.
I'll do my my best :)

Mate, it'd still be good work if you were an experienced pro. For a newcomer it's just excellent.

If you can get good castings then I really hope you'll be putting up an interest thread - if you do a kit version, I'll fight everyone else to be your first customer. :lol

Mate, it'd still be good work if you were an experienced pro. For a newcomer it's just excellent.

If you can get good castings then I really hope you'll be putting up an interest thread - if you do a kit version, I'll fight everyone else to be your first customer. :lol

:lol Thanks :)

Last edited:
I'd certainly be interested in one........ I've been following this from the start.

As Nwerke says this is good even if it were a pro doing it not someones first sculpt!

Keep it up Leigh I look forward to seeing this completed :thumbsup

I'd certainly be interested in one........ I've been following this from the start.

As Nwerke says this is good even if it were a pro doing it not someones first sculpt!

Keep it up Leigh I look forward to seeing this completed :thumbsup

Your all too good to me :)

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back