Blockade Runner

Kevin, could they have mixed white and red to get this pink color ?
Yes the pics with flash are washed out, I only get 5 or 6 pics without flash (and hopefuly a good white color balance :)).
I think I wont do the lighter color of this model but that's always nice to has another Floquil gray as ref... For another model ! :D

Thanks !

I know that the Landspeeder miniature is mostly pink, it may even be the same shade as the small Blockade Runner model highlights.

My guess is Joe Johnston either used an off-the-shelf color from another manufacturer, or he just made his own mixture from the Railroad Colors they had on hand, Who knows, maybe a few drops of Reefer White added to some Boxcar Red. The Landspeeder was big enough that he probably used a spray gun to lay down the two main colors, the darker of which also looks an awful lot like Boxcar Red to me.

Either way, if they built the Landspeeder before the small Blockade Runner, there was some ready-to-use pink lying around the model shop when the time came to paint it.

Small Blockade Runner now FOR SALE

Oh good God it's up for Auction right now on Ebay starting at $200,000! - ends Oct. 1, 2015 (Live) but they don't take PayPal! :) The seller says it is 16 inches long and that it came from McCune's collection . . .

For a second I thought they were auctioning the bigger one, until I looked closely at the heat sinks on the engines. This listing also claims that is was "screen used".

If the small one is going for 200 grand, how much do you think the big one would fetch if sold?

Last edited:
Did you see the other stuff for auction? The helmet starting at $150K? The turbo laser turret starting at $8 grand. Hmmmm......

I do like the camera dolly. That would be a centrepiece by itself in someone's Star Wars den!

An update, still a few bits to glue (I'm waiting for a kit) but it's almost done, I have build the volume on the top "neck".

I have corrected the diameter of the vertical tubes like pointed out by Craig and now I can use that Bandai Panther wheel ! :)

MonsieurTox: Absolutely fantastic work as always! You are an inspiration for all of us. :)

How does it feel to know that the original (smaller) model which you are basing yours on sold for $300,000 US recently?

MonsieurTox: Absolutely fantastic work as always! You are an inspiration for all of us. :)

How does it feel to know that the original (smaller) model which you are basing yours on sold for $300,000 US recently?

I think it sold for $375,000 !
Well I feel lucky to have the first and only replica made so far of this model ! :D

MonsieurTox: I forgot to ask you, will you be lighting this baby up? You've got the heatsinks already, so you could use high-power LED's . . . :) ?

DAMN!!
This almost looks like a 3D render,..such a clean and thight build.
I have seen several, always awesome builds of you here on therpf MonsieurTox.
I was always wondering if you did offer small kit runs of these models.
Did you??
Don't tell me you just build these models as one offs.
Just for you to enjoy ,...me me me in my private little archives:lol
I think you need to share these amazingly clean and accurate builds man,...
There aren't many garage kit producers that produce studio scale models at this level of perfection.
I would love to built a kit of one,.. mais non,.. several of your builds(Tie-fighter,At-st, AT-AT).
So,..
MonsieurTox,...Please consider producing your models in kit form?
Anyway awesome build as always can't wait to see it painted up.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back