Rebel Blockade Runner - ANH Filming Miniature Replica

t2sides

Master Member
After a long couple years, I've finally pretty much completed this Studio Scale Replica from the original 1977 Star Wars - A New Hope.

I've always wanted to create the 'Holy Trilogy' of Filming Replicas - The 5' Falcon, 4' Star Destroyer, and the 6' Blockade Runner. Alas, that day has finally arrived.

I tried my best to recreate in as much detail as possible this model as it appeared during original 1977 filming on set. The cockpit has one of the ILM guys standing inside it with his 'ice cream cone hat', and the 'pinup poster'. The weathering is close to all the original grime, dirt, oil, rust, streaks, etc... (The current model went through a complete restoration). The radar dish can be manually rotated (plan to add a motor eventually), as can the gun cannons. Hundreds (if not over a thousand) of the same original model kit parts/greeblies were added to the model, with some resin castings of the hard to find, out of production kit parts - or ones I've just simply used up on other builds. The engines and cockpit are lighted, and luminosity is controlled via a voltage knob on a single power supply. This model would not have been possible without the incredible help and assistance of literally dozens of friends and fellow model builders, THANK YOU to everyone that has helped along this journey!
( The build thread is here: 6' ANH Blockade Runner - Replica Build )

So, let's kick this off !

First Up - Comparisons to the Original Miniature:

Compare1.jpg
Compare3.jpg
Compare2a.jpg

A few from the front

br9.jpg

br10.jpg

br11.jpg

br12.jpg

Huge respect and admiration for what you have achieved there Sean. Starting to understand the time involved in researching and planning, let alone building studio scale models.
Your doing such a great job of each and every model you take on.

Stunning building and awesome pics. Pure inspiration....Thanks again for sharing!

Where is the 'jaw dropping' emoji?! o_O

Once again, you've completed an incredible masterpiece of replica art - absolutely true art! The amount of work that went into this is just staggering - not just the framework innards and basic model structure, but all the greeblies and paint and weathering detail! Love the trio shot - it drives home what an incredible body of work this represents and what a FUN and awe-inspiring display this is to be in the presence of and behold. It's like visiting Van Nuys in a time machine.

Inspiring Sean, just totally inspiring!

Dan

Thank you again for the opportunity to come by and see this, and your other masterpieces, recently. Pictures don't do them justice. Words don't do them justice. I was walking around stunned at what I was seeing.

Insanely great work.
How much would you estimate all these models have cost?
I do one (much smaller) model, and my estimate was around $400ish.

So what would be the next project?
Rival Rob's SS death star....

Sean,
Hard to find words to describe the great builds you create. Beautiful Photography. A Star Wars “Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue“ of pictures.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back