Blockade Runner

Here's a few pictures I took at SDCC.
its always hard to judge color in these pictures, but I'm pretty sure the base coat is Floquil grime.
Earlier in the week I had painted my Falcon grime, and they looked the same.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Thanks guys !

Here's a few pictures I took at SDCC.
its always hard to judge color in these pictures, but I'm pretty sure the base coat is Floquil grime.
Earlier in the week I had painted my Falcon grime, and they looked the same.

View attachment 532695
View attachment 532696
View attachment 532697
View attachment 532698

Thank you a lot Lord Hater ! Those help a lot !

Thanks for the Floquil Grime info !

I don't have Floquil Grime but I'm going to try a mix of Tamiya paint to match it. Do you think the red is Caboose Red ?

Keep in mind floquil grime changed a lot from when the filmed this to now. I have two floquil grime bottles one from back around 1977 and one from a couple of years ago. Two very different shades.

You're right, McGraff.
I have an old bottle as well, and it's greener than the more recent formulation. But as a point of reference it's a good place to start.

As to what color the red is, I'd just be guessing.
But if you'd like my guess I'd say it was closer to "Caboose" than "Caboose Red."
It's not the same red you see on X-Wings. It's like the dark red panels on the Falcon.

Any chance someone knows this part ?

It's about 22 mm wide, it looks like a Panther road wheel. 1/48 seems too small so I guess it's 1/35.

Thank you in advance.

Julien,

I'm not sure but How about Bandai 1/48 Panther G?
It is about 19mm and most of the parts were donated from this kit and fujimi 1/76 sherman!

Thanks,
Eric.

Some new details added, some portions of the ship created :)

I just need to add the kind of turrets on the top and bottom front, I will get them 3D printed (yeah I was bored trying to find a pipe with the correct diameter and wall thickness...), and some details. I'm waiting on a cool kit for it :)

Thanks for looking :) And I'm still looking for that tank wheel !

Anyone want to go halfsies?

Julien,

The wheel is 1/48 Panther. Your vertical radar tube should not be the same diamater as the body. :)

Craig

Thank you Craig, which brand is the model ? Clearly not Bandai as the details dont match.

Thank you for the tube diameter I'm going to correct that. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back