Blade Runner 2049 Officer K badge wallet

Just wanted to share my badge / ID setup. It's not perfect, by any stretch, the graphics need a little help and the vinyl cover needs to be added, but I got the back-lighting functioning correctly with the close to turn off feature.

I borrowed a lot of ideas from here but I also found some alternative ways to accomplish hiding everything.

Just like most here I'm using the iPhone 5 back-light and a transparency in front. (I've got the more accurate file from the other thread, but no laser safe transparency film sadly.)

-Instead of using the voltage booster, I wired four 2032 batteries in series, using two dual battery holders. (It's the little clam-shell one from Amazon.)

-To create enough space I used two badge cases, removed the ID and badge surrounds off one, and shoe-goo'd them to a complete badge holder, making both compartments double thick

-For even more wire and battery room I adhered 1/4" thick foam behind my badge, and 1/8" behind the ID / display. The foam is easy to carve wire channels and battery pockets into and is more forgiving than delicately dremmeling the backside of those beautiful badges, it also helps the badge friction fit into the holder.

-The batteries and reed switch sit behind the badge, and there is a magnet from a hard drive read-head sitting behind the ID / Screen section. (The hard drive magnet was a life saver, super strong and super flat.)

43650838_10218503181517782_6610041169185341440_n.jpg

This thread was a ton of help, thanks everyone!

43650838_10218503181517782_6610041169185341440_n.jpg

Looks good! I still have to go back and add in my reed switch at some point, the hard drive magnet is interesting, I think that I have one lying around somewhere...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back