Limited Run Blade Runner 2049 - K's blaster....in Metal

Some folks were questioning what Brandon stated earlier. It was made apparent that some folks have only paid half down while the others have paid in full. At this point I would just be happy with an update. I’m sure everyone’s paid status can be confirmed with a paypal receipt and there is no need to confirm a status until these are ready to ship. GC

Last edited:
brandomack

hasn't been around in this forum for 14 days now.
I also sent him another PM asking for an update.

This lack of communication does not make me happy.

What do you guys thmk we should do?
Are there any other ways of contacting him?

brandomack

hasn't been around in this forum for 14 days now.
I also sent him another PM asking for an update.

This lack of communication does not make me happy.

What do you guys thmk we should do?
Are there any other ways of contacting him?

We are in the middle of a once in a century global pandemic. I think we can cut him a little slack. There’s nothing to do but wait.

We are in the middle of a once in a century global pandemic. I think we can cut him a little slack. There’s nothing to do but wait.

Jedisushi

Just how long do you intend to wait. Another 2 weeks? 1 month?, 2 months?

I have sympathy for brandomack's personal situation but pandemic or not an online update once a week (or at least every two weeks) is possible and can be expected.

Last edited:
Jedisushi

Just how long do you intend to wait. Another 2 weeks? 1 month?, 2 months?

While I have sympathy for brandomack's personal situation but pandemic or not an online update once a week (or at least every two weeks) is possible and can expected.

I’ll wait until it’s done. The RPF isn’t a store! You have not placed an order.

If I wasn’t comfortable with unexpected delays or even losing my deposit due to who knows what I wouldn’t have participated in the run. This is an extremely complex and ambitious build.

What else are you going to do? Gather pitchforks and go knocking on Brandon’s door?

He has been working diligently in good faith. Relax.

I think you boys need to chill out. I think there are merits on both sides of this, yes patience, but if money has been taken, regular updates are not too much to ask :)

I really don't see what is wrong with asking about a status and expecting regular check-ins from Brandon. A lot of money has been handed over. Several upgrades of Brandon's workshop have been financed, based on the posts early on. We started with regular, reliable weekly updates and even a few vlogs. Then the communication has been drastically deteriorating.

In May 2018, Brandon wrote:
"Yes, payment plan is at the rate if one payment per month. Timeline is approx 4 1/2 to 5 months at this point."

So it "should've been done" 1,5 years ago. Apparently this is a gross under-estimation, but we all swallowed this no questions asked since Brandon kept ensuring us of the quality, his commitment and experience dealing with projects like this. It's now a 2-year project, moving forward.

People seem to be extremely overbearing with Brandon in this thread. I am not saying that we shouldn't be. But let's not forget what was originally promised and how communication has, objectively deteriorated. This will lead to impatience and frustration from some people that so far only can turn the cheek and hope that this will finish. I don't see how you'd expect anything else, and I think it's fair.

But don't attack people for stating their worry. I don't feel that those feelings are unwarranted. Feel free to defend Brandon, but it's his task to ensure that people are resting assured and feel confident in this project. Lack of regular communication is a detractor of this.

has anybody thought he could be ill in hospital and not able use the internet?there is a virus about at the moment.

That, and any number of other narratives, could be true. But have we really reached the point of having to create these narratives to explain the lack of communication?

If he is truly at bad health, then of course, we all wish him the best of health and we can all understand and sympathize with that. But unless that is somehow confirmed, I don't see why we must speculate like that in order to explain his absence or the lack of new information. The delay and lack of communication has far exceeded the global pandemic.

The email that was used to pay through PayPal should work I imagine. A lesson to learn is not to participate in a run where the delivery date is going to be beyond where you are able to make a claim on PayPal - 6 months. I was involved on another run where something similar happened. Fortunately, as six months approached from the time I made a large deposit on a different prop run- I contacted the individual and asked for my refund. He was taken aback and highly 'offended' even though his posts were all about how soon the delivery of the prop was going to be. Nevertheless I got my refund, even though he said I was 'mere weeks away' from receiving this prop.

Here we are over 7 months later from that experience - no prop has ever been delivered in that run. Do I think people behind these runs generate elaborate plans to take prop-enthusiasts money?? Nope. Do I think that to a certain degree people attempt to take on a project a bit more ambitious than they can feasibly complete? Yes.

That being said, I do believe that Brandon will make good on this run. It's disappointing and nerve-wracking to have be waiting for these things, it's not for the weak of heart, or weak of 'wallet' as nobody wants to lose their hard-earned money in such a fashion. I have confidence that Brandon's next update will include alot of photos that will get everyone excited :)

Ok,

I have written to Brandon by facebook and through his website email address asking for an update on the state of this run.
We will see what happens.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back