Black Series Helmets - whats next after Boba Fett

Just got the First Order Stormtrooper Helmet from BBTS. Wow, this helmet is crisp and clean. I know there are a few minor changes compared to the prop, but it is really impressive. Sturdy, kinda heavy, and quite comfortable.

IMG_8388.jpg

Last edited:
Mine just showed up last night. Can't figure out what the instructions are trying to tell me about the rig to hold it on my head. When I put it on, it sits crookedly. Only slightly frustrating as it's only a display piece and looks very nice in a cabinet.

As divisive as everything else in the Sequel Trilogy. *lol* I vastly prefer the TFA version -- in no small part because I prefer the lack of teeth. It fit the progression from ANH (gray teeth, black sheer backing) to ESB (same, but with black trim around the whole frown inset) to ROTJ (all black -- teeth, backer, frown edges). The most logical place to go from there was to eliminate the teeth and replace the panty-hose or wire mesh screen backer with something a bit more visually interesting.

As divisive as everything else in the Sequel Trilogy. *lol* I vastly prefer the TFA version -- in no small part because I prefer the lack of teeth. It fit the progression from ANH (gray teeth, black sheer backing) to ESB (same, but with black trim around the whole frown inset) to ROTJ (all black -- teeth, backer, frown edges). The most logical place to go from there was to eliminate the teeth and replace the panty-hose or wire mesh screen backer with something a bit more visually interesting.
Agree to disagree. The TFA to me looks like a shoe. Designed by Nike. It's like wearing an Air Jordan on your head. Personally I find the teeth bring back a little menace, reduce the 'duck face' effect, and tie it more to a stormtrooper. Regardless, like but don't love the design, so this'll live happily with my modified old Target 2-piece Kylo and scratches all my ST itches for an almost silly little amount of cash.
Messing around with mine a bit last night, I notice that the white panel that makes up the lower face (cheeks) isn't seated correctly on the left side, so it projects a bit out further than on the right side. Pressing on it doesn't seem to catch any pegs that would hold it in place, so not sure what's up with that. Meh.

Just to chime in, i got an email today that the BS TLJ trooper helmet is shipping from Amazon so if anyone else has ordered one they must be shipping now.

I got an email this morning that my TLJ FO bucket will be here on Tuesda. Perhaps with so many others breaking street dates Amazon didn’t want to lose out.

I received my FO trooper bucket today and am pretty pleased with it. First,it’s huge! I prefer the teeth and frown as the version without looks like an animé panda to me lol. It is 1000% better than the Anovos version I paid over twice as much for and never got. It does have some scuffs on the faceplate I’ll need to buff out,but for 96 bucks I’m very happy.

I got my TLJ trooper helmet today. Im very impressed. Glad I waited for this to come out. Very nice bucket for the price point.

Edit, just a size comparison between BS R1 trooper and ST trooper buckets.

20210727_201509.jpg

Last edited:
I wandered into a local GameStop yesterday and they had both the Mandalorian and FO buckets, so I bought one of each. That should keep me for a while. The only helmets I still want to buy are a Resistance pilot, TIE pilot, and phase 2 clone trooper. Anything else I'll try making myself, starting with Jango Fett (I can use the Boba Fett to pull templates).

Get a Rebel pilot helmet and a Stormtrooper helmet and you're 3/4 of the way there. ;) Also, make sure you are solidly read up on the subtle differences between Boba and Jango buckets.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back