Black Series Helmets - whats next after Boba Fett

mluder

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Cbstudios,
ETA: Quasi-related, but I wish Hasbro would figure out girls like playing dress-up with these, too, and do Sabine, Bo, generic Nite-Owl, the Armorer, Inferno Squad version of the TIE Pilot (which would, of course, necessitate a TIE Pilot to begin with, but...), Phasma, Second Sister...
Bo is supposed to come next November.
That said, I'd like to see a Fennec Shand...

Hylo133

Wasted opportunity indeed. Can't help but see this:

d2399234.png

Hope it looks better on the show.

Jedi Dade

Master Member
Is it me or is this just a re-release? I picked it up the first time and am relatively happy with it. perfect for $1000 or pretty close for $100... $100 is good for me unless its an important item for me (SS model for example).

Jedi Dade

James Kenobi 1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I think the problem is they can't get true and accurate topography of the features unless the mask is 1:1. Because they are choosing a smaller overall size, they are pushing some features toward the 1:1 size and scaling other features less than 1:1 size and in makes the entire mask look both correct and wrong/off at the same time.

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
Is it me or is this just a re-release? I picked it up the first time and am relatively happy with it. perfect for $1000 or pretty close for $100... $100 is good for me unless its an important item for me (SS model for example).

Jedi Dade

It's basically a repaint. The original release was based off the all black look of the Revenge of the Sith. As you probably know from this board, many people have opted to modify it with a repaint to add the silver panels you see on The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi variants of the helmet. Basically that is what Hasbro has done here, they added the additional paint applications to make it look more like what most expect from a OT Vader helmet.

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
While I am sure it has it's faults and I do not doubt those who have a passion for the helmet and can spot any inaccuracies in a blink of the eye, I can tell you as a fan with a passing knowledge of various SW props and costumes, I think it's pretty good. I will admit that seeing the original BS Vader helmet offering via online images, it looked sort of weird. It looked a lot better when people displayed it in an exploded view of all three parts. But a few months ago, I saw one on on display at the local comic book shop and I was thinking it might be one of the ABS eFx versions but I was surprised to find out it was the Black Series. It looked so much more impressive in person. I would have to think that with the new paint apps, it would look even better. Currently though, this is a pass for me, not because I dislike it but because as far as my collection goes, I already have the eFx Vader Legends LE helmet so I really don't need another in my collection. But I never say never because I am always a sucker for a good deal.

Ned Figglehorn

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
They seem to be updating previously released helmets a lot recently. It's a shame we dont get an updated rerelease of Kylo's TFA or a new TROS helmet.

Galactican

Sr Member
This one is still too small BUT I have to say I don't know why but it looks miles better than the previous release. I may have read that they prolongued the jaw line. Not perfect (it will never be because of the scaling issue) but as an affordable display piece it is certainly not too bad. :)

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
So there is no change with this ‘new’ version and the old one? Same mold, just a new paint job?
As far as I can tell, I believe this is still the same helmet with the new paint app. Their write up does not state that this is a new mold and tends to lead off with the deco details. I sounds like there may be the inclusion of a stand that allows multiple options for display but there is no image of it on the box.

Perhaps one of the most iconic reveals today, it's Star Wars The Black Series Darth Vader Premium Electronic Helmet! Featuring highly detailed deco, series-inspired design, multiple pieces, and iconic ventilation sounds, this full-scale Darth Vader helmet also comes with a stand for maximum display possibilities. Available for pre-order tomorrow beginning at 1:00pm ET on #HasbroPulse!

Edit: Found another blurb that said this...

The helmet features premium deco, realistic detail, and a design inspired by “Obi-Wan Kenobi.”

Last edited:

Cbstudios

The chin vent is smaller, and the neck looks to have been lengthened considerably. It takes a bunch of the squashed look out of it. Not enough for me to buy another one, but nice nonetheless

Original
maxresdefault.jpg

New
hasbro-pulse-may-the-4th-be-with-you-starwars-fans-first-71.png hasbro-pulse-may-the-4th-be-with-you-starwars-fans-first-70.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.