Black Series Helmets - whats next after Boba Fett

I mean... Sure, if you want. *shrug* The Jango helmet is smaller, shaped slightly differently, etc. Put it next to a Boba with lineage, and it looks as different to me as Din's.
Yup. Then again they are releasing the Death Watch and Re-Armored Boba helmets using the same moulds. Those helmets are even more drastically different from OT Boba than Jango is. I can definitely see Hasbro making a Jango helmet using the same moulds.

I got a second Boba last year, and decided to sand down the texture and fill the dent to make a Jango. It turned out pretty slick, and definitely looks Jango enough for me. I definitely think they’ll do a Jango repaint, most likely for the 20th anniversary of Clones next year.
53427DB1-51D4-4634-BCE2-4DB3831870C2.jpegB409859F-1B88-4213-AB38-3BD574D44705.jpeg12DC7EC1-B732-46F0-B965-9D072F1A5F01.jpeg

Get a Rebel pilot helmet and a Stormtrooper helmet and you're 3/4 of the way there. ;) Also, make sure you are solidly read up on the subtle differences between Boba and Jango buckets.

Already got 'em! And Vader too. I figure Jango would be a good entry point into helmet making (EVA foam). I likely will not be shooting for the strictest of accuracy. As long as it looks the part and the craftsmanship isn't horrible.

I almost forgot: another wish list item would be the R1 Death Trooper.

Cbstudios, that is definitely not bad. :) Ironically, I think some of the things that work against the HBS offering for it as a Boba (like the fact that it's uniformly about a quarter-inch short all the way around the base, and the oddly shallow indent of the cheeks) help bridge the gap to Jango-ness. The overall circumference is still too large, but that's ignorable in this context. From The Mandalorian, I am getting the feeling they're trying to present Tem as taller than he is. Which, unfortunately, also means they should've stuck full-scale Boba armor and helmet on Vanth and then used a scaled-down version for Tem.

All the people they stuffed in the Boba costume in the '80s and '90s were over six feet. The CG clone troopers are 5'10". Tem's 5'7". They had to scale down the armor and helmet for AOTC for it to fit right (and even then there are massive differences in cut, so it's still not Boba's armor or helmet, inherited). Movie magic fudges actors' heights all the time. Look at the famous elevator scene in Top Gun. But some things are set. Vader's height is set. Boba's height relative to him is there on screen in both long and close shots. Boba's height relative to his ship is fixed and consistent in ESB, from model to matte painting. I'd be fine with the settings around Jango being tweaked to make Tem seem taller in AOTC -- smaller ship setpiece, lower doorways, apple box when talking to Ewan, etc. But I feel they dropped that ball on The Mandalorian. Leaving out that I reject ROTJ Boba being the real Boba, anyway. ;)

ETA: Quasi-related, but I wish Hasbro would figure out girls like playing dress-up with these, too, and do Sabine, Bo, generic Nite-Owl, the Armorer, Inferno Squad version of the TIE Pilot (which would, of course, necessitate a TIE Pilot to begin with, but...), Phasma, Second Sister...

I got the TLJ Stormtrooper helmet the other week and I’m very happy with it. Mine did have pretty bad scratches on the faceplate as other members have had, but I plan to buff it out with plastic polish sometime soon. They didn’t bug me enough to return it.

Meh. Still waiting on the P1 Clone bucket - which I would've thought would make it to market in time for the 20th anniverdary of AOTC.

Glad to see them keeping the OT-style helmet in circulation, but I suspect sales of another vintage subject (Red 3, Gold Leader, etc) would be better than Trapper, even with his appearances on The Mandalorian. Curious to see if they mold the outer shell in gray or if this one has a more extensive paint app.

I can see this being one of those niche designs that really shoot up in value after a few years. That being said, it’s not one that interests me. I was really hoping for a Biggs.

I'm all in on this one. Not a design I expected, but with the announcement, I am very excited and the design is very cool IMHO.

I would buy any X-Wing helmet the do in the Black Series line. I was disappointed they did not offer other Resistance pilot helmet options used on repaints of Poe's helmet.

I’m in! I really like the design/coloring on this one! I also think it’s hilarious that Filoni now has his own helmet (and action figure) after Favreau nearly forced him to be in the Mando X-wing scene!

Last edited:
Never underestimate a studio's ability to squander a milestone anniversary.
It boggles my mind how poorly the corporation(s) that basically invented modern merchandising have become at producing and sustaining product lines despite over 40 years of brand history and a multibillion dollar media franchise supporting them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back