Behemoth Head sculpt from start to finish (tons of progress pictures!)

Building the mold wall, and I'll be adding the first layer of resin tonight.

20160719_142947.jpg

20160719_152031.jpg

20160719_160919.jpg

I will be casting Latex masks from the mold, I believe it will just take longer for each coat of latex to cure as the stone molds help remove the ammonia from the latex during casting. However I will also give silicone a try as a casting product.

As far as cure time, it lists 16 hours as the full cure time, however it is pretty much rock solid within 3-4 ... (I have been mixing it correctly, it just seems to harden up that quickly.) I would even say it is allot harder than Ultracal 30. The mix ratio is A-100 : 15-B by weight which has been extremely easy to do using a kitchen scale. However I have been mixing it in smaller batches of 200g of A to 30g B to make sure I keep getting the same result with each coat lol. It's been taking me a bit longer to coat because of that, but whenever I get the chance, I'll be going outside today to add some fiberglass to the mold.

Can't say I enjoyed using fiberglass or free form air, however once I'm done using the free form air putty, I'll do one more coat of fiberglass, and then move to the back of the mold.

20160724_143131.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back