NorthProds

Hey, thanks for clicking! Was just wondering about the durability of rabbit felt hats, and if they compare to beaver. Feel free to post your own Indy hat down below.

I have both Poets from HJ. Beaver is more like a dress hat but looks good. Rabbit is great and takes a beating. I wear it everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I asked this on the other post lol. About how long will rabbit last? And do you have both of the new raiders hats from the original block or the old factory versions?

9f5364ea5183d3a231b7808ce0cf76ad.heic

Here is the HJ Rabbit I made into the traditional Raiders curl with artificial aging with fullers earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have Vintage Herbys from 1982 and 1984 and they have held up just fine.

Desi owns the "Cairo" scene Herby and while it is a little beat it still is in existance

I'm sure both rabbit and beaver felt hats will last you for many many years.
I think most people who obsess about hats the way people on the rpf obsess about movie items would say beaver felt is nicer, but that doesn't mean rabbit is bad. If bespoke makers offer rabbit felt, they must have some confidence in it -and they know the materials better than we do.
Moths are probably a bigger issue than the hat getting worn out.
Contact a bespoke hatter who offers both rabbit and beaver felt and ask about the differences.

I remember being told by a hatter once that the only difference between beaver and rabbit is that beaver is just a little more robust and resilient to water but it is pretty minuscule the difference.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back