Limited Run Battlestar Galactica : Classic Genuine Suede Jacket - Made to Measure by Magnoli

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Anyone want a screen-accurate, genuine suede Battlestar Galactica Jacket for only $650 (shipped)? We're working closely with Chris Pappas, operator of Kobol.com, the web's oldest dedicated Battlestar Galactica site, to update our patterns to make this jacket the most accurate version yet.

You can order through our site: Galactica Jacket by Magnoli Clothiers

Here is our previous version, the design and details of which will be tweaked based on Chris' detailed study of the original jackets.

extra-image-1134.jpg

Last edited:
Ive always wanted a complete original series outfit. I remember as a kid seeing the ad to buy a jacket for about 50 bucks..and back then that was to rich for my blood... :( give me a few days to sleep on this...I do want one :)

I just went o site to order it, and there was no choice of size? are they all one size and what size may that be?

You'll need to fill out the leather jacket measurement form located in your account on our site before placing your order.

The replicas of this jacket so far have never had the correct colors. If Chris Pappas is lending you some pieces of the fabric, so you can match the true colors, then I am all in.

Here is the swatch (on the left) that Chris sent versus the genuine suede leather (on the right) we'll be using for our jackets:

mag-galac-swatch_zpsrkp2boli.jpg

Oh man...You're KILLING me! This is one of those long-time "want" items for me...

Hmmmmm

Jason

We made a prototype based on the new specs, but I wasn't entirely satisfied with it, so I'm having another one done before we proceed with the current orders.

Anyone want a screen-accurate, genuine suede Battlestar Galactica Jacket for only $650 (shipped)? We're working closely with Chris Pappas, operator of Kobol.com, the web's oldest dedicated Battlestar Galactica site, to update our patterns to make this jacket the most accurate version yet.

You can order through our site: Galactica Jacket by Magnoli Clothiers

Here is our previous version, the design and details of which will be tweaked based on Chris' detailed study of the original jackets.

extra-image-1134.jpg
Overall it looks good but like so many of the reproductions, the back side is inaccurate
Do you have plans to remedy this defect?

The back side of the originals had a waistband and the upper back piece had gathers/pleats tucked/sewn in to the waist band.
Your version is missing this key feature and has a simple plain back.
Do you have plans to correct this error?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back