Batsuit: Arkham Origins V2

Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Build - Version 2.0

i can get that you sketch the ideas first and then make them, but I have two questions: did you cut the pectorals in two sections and glue them together? And I'm trying to get my biceps to bend in two directions as well, how did you manage to do that? And Please, let me know if I'm too needy.

the chest is actually 6 pieces. 3 per pectoral. I'm unsure what you're asking about the biceps though. Could you be more specific?

Started the rib armor. This is the foam template I made for the mannequin.
Untitled by Jerry Adams, on Flickr

Made one for me. Sized down and wrapped in vinyl. Not sure if it makes my torso too bulky now though. Might have to use thinner foam. Not sure till I finish the other side.
Rib armor by Jerry Adams, on Flickr

This is such an awesome build. I've enjoyed reading through all of it. In fact I think I'll be starting my own bat suit soon after seeing this.
The sides look great! Maybe a little bulged out but not bad could just be that it's not attached yet. What are you planning to use to attach them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is such an awesome build. I've enjoyed reading through all of it. In fact I think I'll be starting my own bat suit soon after seeing this.
The sides look great! Maybe a little bulged out but not bad could just be that it's not attached yet. What are you planning to use to attach them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man.
These pieces babe all been separate but I'm kind of thinking of harnessing and/or fusing a lot of these pieces together to make it more of a vest style armor because it's a hassle to put together each I time I wear it. So I might fuse the belt to the rib armor as well as the abs. I'll have to experiment a little later. Also might put some actual harnessing straps on the chest as its only held with Velcro. I'm thinking something running over the shoulders and connected to maybe some back armor if I decide to build that as well. My only worry is that it will decrease my already limited mobility.

This is such an awesome build

- - - Updated - - -

Need a commission chest pice 

thanks man. Actually working on a new chest template. Trying to make a few edits to further define the pectorals and see if I can make the chest wrap a little more at the sides... Possibly to increase mobility. Not sure if it will work. If it does work I might have to also adjust the abs a little.
hoping to get it done quickly because I'm anxious to start on my next two projects. Wanting to do a batsuit from Arkham Knight and the Deathstroke suit from Arkham Origins.

Hey bud, quick question again about the carbon fiber texture you used on the boots. Did you apply that while the foam was still in flat sheets or did you apply that after everything was put together?

It would definitely be easier to put on before they're assembled, but I think that would complicate finishing the boot spats. Thanks in advance!

No. The cape was purchased from eBay. I originally had hoped that it would hover about an inch off the ground, but it ended up being a little long... But that's okay. Better too long than too short. Might leave it be or might bring it in a little.

As for the bicep pieces, I simply drew a line all the way around the border and used the sanding drum of the dremel to make a smooth depression all the way around. After spray paint I dry brushed some black acrylic into the seams and then lightly wiped it with a damp cloth to give it a grungy used look and to add depth to the detail around the bicep. Anyhow here is a pic of the biceps.
View attachment 494091
On my version 2 suit I might try something different with the biceps as I plan to recreate them using foam wrapped in vinyl and bordered by a vinyl piping. Got to try it and see if it works or if it fails.

That explains a lot, I hate to be a bother, but I heard you said something about vinyl pipng, what is that, exactly?

Hey bud, quick question again about the carbon fiber texture you used on the boots. Did you apply that while the foam was still in flat sheets or did you apply that after everything was put together?

It would definitely be easier to put on before they're assembled, but I think that would complicate finishing the boot spats. Thanks in advance!

This video should help you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARFi_kwsgec

Now that I had the shape I wanted, next step was to cut my faux leather and glue it to the foam.

Purchased two different kinds of vinyl. The one I wanted to use I found to be a little too thick to conform to complex curves of the piece without wrinkling... Although it matches the leather texture and grey color found on the Neca figurine I don't think I could use i effectively on foam. My second option was a thin textured vinyl. It was more white than grey but it had a cool tactical texture but I purchased a can of charcoal grey fabric spray paint to fix the color issue.

All said and done my only issue was with the adhesive. It doesn't seem to stick well around the edges as I can see it wanting to lift. I'll have to try an alternative spray adhesive and hopefully I can fix it without having to start over cause I'd hate to waste the material. These pics aren't great but I took them in an attempt to show the texture of the vinyl. Hopefully I can solve my adhesive problem tonight. If anyone has suggestions or experience when it comes to gluing vinyl to foam then let me know.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/588/20541422655_a9350a18cc_c.jpgUntitled by Jerry Adams, on Flickr

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5676/20547896701_3060b22265_c.jpgUntitled by Jerry Adams, on Flickr

I hate to be a bother, but did this textured by vynil have a name or manufacture that I could search to get the same result?

Since im looking to create an embossed look around the borders using a thin 3mm foam, I decided to use super glue instead of hot glue. In my previous experience I found that the hot glue would warp the thin layer of foam and actually was quite messy since the coverage area of the border is small as well.
Ive finished cutting the layers and I've glued, heated and shaped the first gauntlet. In my opinion this version looks far better than my original design.
I'll post my current progress as I'm done for the day, but the gauntlet is still not complete however as I still need to add more details, the spikes and straps... as well as a plastidip and acrylic dry brushing.
View attachment 454727View attachment 454728View attachment 454729View attachment 454730

After this I was able to draw out and cut out a card stock template of the blades.
i then traced it onto some 3mm foam, beveled the edges with the dremel and attached them with super glue.
View attachment 454734

After this was complete I utilized the time I had to carve out the little sliding switch that appears atop the rear blade. Not sure what it's purpose is but it sure looks cool. :D Almost ready to plastidip this bad boy.
View attachment 454736

Did you heat shape the gauntlet once all of the layers were already glued on, or did you heat shape and then glue the pieces on?

Did you heat shape the gauntlet once all of the layers were already glued on, or did you heat shape and then glue the pieces on?
Unless your gauntlet is only two or three thin layers it will be impossible to heat shape after the fact. I've tried. It never works.
I actually don't heat shape them at all. The method I use is to glue them together against a curved surface. I use like a 4" aluminum pipe/tube I got at Home Depot. When you glue it like that it maintains its shape.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back