Batman V Superman - Wonder Woman Costume (WIP)

Looking awesome so far! Very clean. I was just thinking to myself, "Wonder Woman was unveiled at Comic con...why hasn't anyone tried doing that version yet?"

I'm still kind of torn on how I feel about the design, but you are doing a straight up amazing job at replicating it! I can't wait to see it all done!

I'm glad you stopped just lurking and signed up because this is great work! Good job replicating the fine details, it is really coming together beautifully.

Thanks everyone! I truly appreciate it. ^_^
@Jimbob1989 It really is. It's very tedious to prime and finish, but it's so easy to work with. I love it.

I've been priming, sanding and painting like a crazy person trying to get everything finished by Comicpalooza this weekend:

image.jpg

I have one portion finished so far to show for it. Below, the utility belt, sheath and rope are done (sword is not). The belt is composed of leather straps, rivets and magnets, and is attached to the sheath via D-rings. The sheath is finished Worbla with leather trim, and the rope was a white rope, bought by the foot at Lowes, that I spray painted gold:

image.jpg

Hopefully I'll have more finished pieces to post very soon! I have 2 days left to finish, so I'm
feeling the pressure.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is awesome! The corset looks so cool, does it retain any flex or does all the sealer/glue make it more rigid? I really like the closures on the bracers, they look authentic (as authentic as a fictional race can look :p) and fit that gladiator/goddess aesthetic. Are you able to draw the sword from the back scabbard?

Impressive work. Your attention to detail is just amazing as is your ability to recreate it. Looking forward to seeing it all come together...looks like you are almost there.

This is awesome! The corset looks so cool, does it retain any flex or does all the sealer/glue make it more rigid? I really like the closures on the bracers, they look authentic (as authentic as a fictional race can look :p) and fit that gladiator/goddess aesthetic. Are you able to draw the sword from the back scabbard?

Fictional race? I assure you, we are alive and well my friend. ;)
The corset does retain some flex but it is a bit restrictive. It's fine for walking and sitting but bending over isn't an easy task. The sword can be drawn but the design has her scabbard opening behind her left shoulder, although she holds her sword in her right hand and her shield on her left arm so she is clearly right-handed. Sword access would be much easier were the scabbard opening located behind her right shoulder. I'm interested to know why they designed it this way and to see how it plays out in the movie.

Tumbler Thanks!

Update:

I have completed the leg armor. I was nervous about retaining proper alignment while keeping the flexibility at the joints once the plating was conjoined, but it worked out nicely. I can sit and walk with ease:

photo 1 (16).JPG

Here is a video where you can see the mobility in action: https://www.facebook.com/methylethylcosplay/videos/1581019318839170/?l=3568905435025889654

The other pieces are painted and ready as well. I've been finishing up last minute items today. For the hand wraps I bought black self-adhering elastic bandaging and spray painted it with a lighter brown color to get a dark brown wrap. I cut them to size, and voila. Super cheap and easy!:

11351325_1581052768835825_127485697061063358_n.jpg

I plan on debuting this tomorrow at Comicpalooza, so I should have some full body shots of the completed costume soon. Hopefully everything comes together well. Finger crossed!

photo 1 (16).JPG

11351325_1581052768835825_127485697061063358_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome work. I look forward to seeing the full costume pictures. I love your Cyberman costume (your icon). Always awesome to see Doctor Who in any form or fashion!!!

Kick ass craftsmanship on all parts. Wonderfully done, Methyl Ethyl! I'm sure more of these will be made through the masses as time progresses, but this is the first completed one I've seen and it is phenomenal!

are you planning on making the shield for the suit?

I would like to eventually. I am likely going to Dragon Con this year so I would like to do it by then, but I will be making a new costume to wear as well so it all depends on timing.

- - - Updated - - -

Props to you! That turned out awesome!

Kick ass craftsmanship on all parts. Wonderfully done, Methyl Ethyl! I'm sure more of these will be made through the masses as time progresses, but this is the first completed one I've seen and it is phenomenal!

Thanks so much you guys! :)

Thank you!

I have some nicer photos to share now. The following is a comparison pic:

BeFunky Collage 4.jpg

The picture on the above right was taken by Bryan Humphrey at Comicpalooza. I actually won a golden ticket to do a free photo shoot with him based on costume quality. That was super awesome because he is mega talented! These are a few of my faves from the shoot:

p1208949768-6.jpgp1208953511-6.jpgp1208958337-6.jpg

The following are a couple shots I found from local media coverage of Comicpalooza (left: Houston Press, right: KHOU):

Houston Press.jpgkhou2.JPG

Below was shot by the incredible Ngo photography:

11128267_932748323412751_1829006766131426846_n.jpg

I was also very honored by winning best Super Hero/Comic costume at the Dallas Comic Con costume contest this weekend:

Stage Dallas.png10156028_1584297441844691_7879815795117573228_n.jpg

And there you have it! I hope I didn't bombard you with too many result pictures. =P

If I do have time to make the shield before Dragon Con I'll be sure to update this.
Thanks for watching my progress you guys! :)

Congratulations! The win is well deserved. The whole thing came together quite nicely. You look every bit the part too!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back