Batman, Arkham Asylum characters and the Batmobile!

IronWarrior777

I want this costume to be done for the DKR opening night. I will be combining elements from the dark knight movie suit, the Arkham games suits, some from the comics, and my own ideas. I already finished shoes, shirt, and I have most of my materials just no pictures. I am mostly in design stage right now but I will soon be in create mode. Some pieces I will be buying to save time for my CA avengers style costume and other projects. Also for fun I will be creating a Bane style mask from an old breathing mask that has a tube attached. The mask will be also in this thread.

Last edited:
Re: Batman Dark Knight/Arkham City mod costume

Right now I am going to finish the Bane mask. I will add pictures when I am done. It already has straps so I am going to mod the straps to look like the movie style.

Re: Batman Dark Knight/Arkham City mod costume

Does anyone know what I could use for the mouth part, I was thinking small pvc pipes.

Re: Batman Dark Knight/Arkham City mod costume W.I.P.

I finally found a way to post pics from my IPad. So here are some on the Bane mask progress from a breathing mask. I still have a ways to go.

c14041d8.jpg

Next I will remove the front nozzle, paint everything black, add more details and stuff to the front, add tubes, and arm device.

Here is some more progress, I am almost done with the top piece, just have to add some more pieces to the back of it.
fd419464.jpg

86368747.jpg

Here are some updates, I have to hold it because the back is not finished. I know a lot of it is not accurate but I had to keep it to the shape of the breathing mask. I still have to add pieces to the front, back, and make the arm piece. Thankfully I had to spend $0 on the bane mask, it has been built of left over materials and objects.

09b80cf9.jpg

For the arm attachment I designed my own style since I haven't found any pictures from the movie. I will post the design soon. I will be connecting the tube from the back of the mask to the arm gadget.

Here are more mask updates. It's not top quality but it wasn't supposed to be. The Batman costume will be A LOT better.

1b5e0bfe.jpg

Next I will add the bottom pieces of the mask, back, arm, and tube.

Re: Batman Dark Knight/Arkham City mod costume W.I.P. Plus Bane mask

Here is the semi final Bane Mask, all I have left to do is add the tube and arm device. But this is good for now. Remember this is not supposed to be HQ or screen accurate, this is a no money needed side project.

87eb03bb.jpg

I will added better pics when I completely finish it.

Gotta ask, where did you find those straps? I am planning a similar costume, but I intend to use an athletic cup as the main part of it, along with some rubber tubing and nipples (yes, that is what they are called) purchased from a department store. However, the only straps I have been able to find that remotely resemble what I need are from, as ridiculous a this feels to admit, an S&M gag. Yours are perfect-so please, what did you use for them?

In a few days I am going to start at all of my costumes and props back up again. Sadly I had no funds or time in the past few months so I had to take a break. Now I have what I need and I am going to only work on these projects and not worry about other activities that do not involve props/costumes. I can't wait to get started again. I know I have a huge list of projects but, since I am behind a bit (because of an emergency) I will focus mostly on these projects:

The Dark Knight costume
The Avengers Style:
Captain America
Hawkeye
Thor

The reason I do not have much progress on the batman costume is because I can't yet deside which route to go. Should I go 100% on Dark Knight Version or 50% TDK and 50% Arkham City or do a whole different style? What is your opinions?

Good job on the mask. My advice - make it your own. Dont worry about screen accuracy, just make it how YOU want it.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back